Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

  1. #21
    Guru HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,354

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
    See that's the weird thing: it's not something which I'd hope to be true. Trump may have a real crappy public persona for many, but I'd prefer to think he's not that corrupt. If he is then so be it, but I don't hope that someone like that made it to the White House.
    This is pretty stunning; "If he is, so be it"

    I've known about Trump for at least 30 years, and yes.... he is that corrupt, and yes, that corruption is rotting our government from the inside out.

  2. #22
    Guru
    ElChupacabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Garden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    This is pretty stunning; "If he is, so be it"

    I've known about Trump for at least 30 years, and yes.... he is that corrupt, and yes, that corruption is rotting our government from the inside out.
    I've been aware of Trump just as long, but what I was responding to was the hope that it would be true. I don't feel that way at all; instead I'd be saddened that it would be true. For me the investigation is important in identifying malfeasance; I'm not rooting for a particular result. I'd much rather hope this isn't true, but if it is then justice is dealt accordingly.

  3. #23
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,400

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Did you have a problem with the Tarmac Meeting? If so, the meeting between Whitaker and Trump was the Tarmac Meeting on a methamphetamine/cocaine/caffeine/LSD cocktail.
    Wait, where can I get one of those cocktails???

  4. #24
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,566

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    Wait, where can I get one of those cocktails???
    Look at the exact ingredients in that cocktail. That is not a recipe for fun.

  5. #25
    Guru HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,354

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Yeah.... no... stern no.. or a very thick "No" to be precise.

    We've had three years of the left figuratively and in some cases, literally. Losing their **** with calculated burst of "Trump derangement syndrome" and we're pretty tired of all of this stupidity at this point.

    The majority of you people can be considered a circular firing and that designation has been viable for over two years now.
    Your perception of the left 'losing their ****' was simply a reaction to the ambivalence of the republicans to the usurping of their congressional powers by Trump and his proclivity to alienate our most loyal allies, blurring the line between legal and illegal multiple times, engaging in his endeavor to increase his own wealth and that of his family, and ignoring the red flags that our intelligence agencies have been waving in front of his eyes. Yeah, if that's considered to be 'losing their ****' then I guess it is.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,615

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    It's the people you are pinning your hope on who are desperate.
    that's mighty tall talk for a birther.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    while I THINK Obama is a citizen and that he has some kind of birth certificate, I believe the investigative team's findings about the thing that Obama presented as a representation of his birth certificate are correct...that is, it's a fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  7. #27
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,765

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
    See that's the weird thing: it's not something which I'd hope to be true. Trump may have a real crappy public persona for many, but I'd prefer to think he's not that corrupt. If he is then so be it, but I don't hope that someone like that made it to the White House.
    Are you kidding me? He's led an entire lifetime of documented corruption.

  8. #28
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,400

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Look at the exact ingredients in that cocktail. That is not a recipe for fun.
    Oh IDK In the days of my misspent youth I have done three of the four together many times.

    I got nothing important to do till sometimes next week...

    Of course with my current blood pressure it may not go well...

  9. #29
    Guru
    ElChupacabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Garden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    Are you kidding me? He's led an entire lifetime of documented corruption.
    Sure, but that has to be proven as it relates to the campaign. Do I doubt the whole campaign was corrupt? Nope. But I'm waiting to see what's outlined by the results of the Mueller investigation.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: Lawmakers clash over Trump's talks with Whitaker

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Your perception of the left 'losing their ****' was simply a reaction to the ambivalence of the republicans to the usurping of their congressional powers by Trump and his proclivity to alienate our most loyal allies, blurring the line between legal and illegal multiple times, engaging in his endeavor to increase his own wealth and that of his family, and ignoring the red flags that our intelligence agencies have been waving in front of his eyes. Yeah, if that's considered to be 'losing their ****' then I guess it is.
    No, I was referring to he yearly bouts of crying in the streets. Going around wearing hats based of female genitalia, as well as dressing themselves and their children up like such. This extends to wiping menstrual blood on their faces in the same vein of protest. As well as sticking laser pointers in their anus's.

    Much less the amount of assaults they've done in an attempt to hurt those that they even remotely believe voted for the man.

    All of the little side aspects you've pointing out, are rather small beans compared to the greater scheme of things and is actually not that much different then what the last few presidents have done.

    So that's still a hard no.
    “…it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book.” – Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •