Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 266

Thread: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In yo' grill
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,914

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Why did Schiff change his tune to now we should indicate Trump AFTER he leaves office?

    And what's up with the PROBABLY ambiguity?


    That's all a far cry from what Schiff has been saying the past 2+ years when he was certain he'd get the goods on Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Nevertheless people should be cautious in doubting Buzzfeed's journalistic chops.

  2. #12
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,597

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    And where does that nonsense come from?

    Oh yeah...Cohen.

    Moving on...
    Wrong those terms predate Cohen's testimony.

    Mueller is hot on his trail and SDNY is trailing him from a different direction, and now Schiff and company are coming after him from a third.

    It is only a matter of time before he's treed...

  3. #13
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,597

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I said nothing about "supporting evidence". I said "unsupported nonsense".



    I wasn't being sarcastic. If you know of any actual evidence, trot it out. I haven't seen it.

    That is due to wilful ignorance, the rest of the world has seen tons of evidence...

  4. #14
    SirCumAlot
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,205
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    If his status as president stops him from being indicted, it should also put the statute of limitations on hold. Like being out of the country does.
    I don't think Trump's going to be in the most legal trouble from his campaign finance violations alone.

    The US Attorney's, local state offices, and Congress are going to dig through his business and find all kinds of fraud and scheming of banks, charities, insurance companies, investors, and the tax code system, and it's going to ruin his business and result in serious legal trouble for him like he's never had before.

    While I'd speculate Trump has yet unseen money flowing in from former Soviet states, he's clearly more worried about the underlying fraud involving those transactions, rather where the money is coming from itself.

  5. #15
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,058

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    If his status as president stops him from being indicted, it should also put the statute of limitations on hold. Like being out of the country does.
    A lot of the legal professionals I follow on Twitter agree, saying that anything else is indistinguishable from the President being above the law.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,633

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office | TheHill

    House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that President Trump should probably be indicted once he leaves the White House for his alleged role in campaign finance law violations and bank fraud.

    Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty last year to multiple crimes he says he carried out at Trump's behest, though most legal experts agree that a sitting president cannot be indicted.
    ==================================
    If he gets reelected, he may be able to avoid this via the statute of limitations But if he loses next year, all bets are off.
    Shiff is a POS. If Trump committed a crime then he needs to impeach. It should be INCUMBENT on him to impeach if he knows there's a crime. If he's going to blow it off until Trump gets out of office then all he's doing is ****ing with the guy.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    43,801

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    That is due to wilful ignorance, the rest of the world has seen tons of evidence...
    No. All we've seen is unsupported claims from a guy who lied to Congress, apologized to Congress for lying...and turned right around and lied again...and speculation from a raft of media talking potato heads who believe rumors.

    None of that is evidence of anything.

    I keep asking you to trot out your evidence...and you won't/can't.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  8. #18
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    05-18-19 @ 08:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,623

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I said nothing about "supporting evidence". I said "unsupported nonsense".
    I wasn't being sarcastic. If you know of any actual evidence, trot it out. I haven't seen it.
    well I'm not on the committee but I did see the cancelled checks. that's evidence right? Remember, you believed an "investigative team" found President Obama's real BC and the one he showed was a fake. Where's that evidence? Anyhoo, here's some more evidence. The Steele dossier accurately predicted trump's actions after the wiki hack which it said Russia was behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    "Parts of the dossier have been stood up and in places it looks prophetic. One Steele memo says the Kremlin was behind the hacking of DNC emails, claiming these were released via WikiLeaks for reasons of “plausible deniability”. In return, Trump agreed to “sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine” as a campaign issue and to raise “US/Nato defence commitments in the Baltics and eastern Europe” to deflect attention.

    This is precisely what happened at the Republican National Convention last July, when language on the US’s commitment to Ukraine was mysteriously softened. Meanwhile, in a series of tweets, Trump questioned whether US allies were paying enough into Nato coffers.
    "
    What do we know about alleged links between Trump and Russia? | US news | The Guardian
    You might even call that a smoking gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  9. #19
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,058

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Shiff is a POS. If Trump committed a crime then he needs to impeach. It should be INCUMBENT on him to impeach if he knows there's a crime. If he's going to blow it off until Trump gets out of office then all he's doing is ****ing with the guy.
    What, from your point of view, is the purpose of instigating impeachment if it's guaranteed that Republican Senators would never agree to remove him from office?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    43,801

    Re: Schiff: Trump should probably be indicted when he leaves office

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    well I'm not on the committee but I did see the cancelled checks. that's evidence right? Remember, you believed an "investigative team" found President Obama's real BC and the one he showed was a fake. Where's that evidence? Anyhoo, here's some more evidence. The Steele dossier accurately predicted trump's actions after the wiki hack which it said Russia was behind.



    You might even call that a smoking gun.
    Canceled checks mean nothing if there is no crime.

    NEWS FLASH!!! TRUMP SAYS OBAMA IS A CITIZEN!! (he said that 2 1/2 years ago, btw)

    Wait...the Steele dossier was a PREDICTION??? That's news. So, you mean the FBI acquired a FISA warrant based on a PREDICTION??? Now THAT'S some top-notch police work there, isn't it.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •