Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: "I am not for impeachment," Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

  1. #211
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    11,229

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Hillary hired Glenn Simpson to come up with something with which to throw at Trump in order to give her an advantage in the 2016 election. Glenn Simpson hired Christopher Steele to come up with the dossier that Steele, Comey, McCabe, Lisa Page, and others said was unverified (i.e., the dossier was not true.) Crooked Trump-haters in the DOJ hid the truth about the dossier from the FISA court when they used it to illegally obtain warrants to spy on Trump. The facts are finally starting to come out. We have Lisa Page's testimony and now Peter Strzok's testimony which reveal the crooked operations behind the exoneration of Hillary for crimes she committed and the institution of an investigation into Trump for crimes he did not commit.
    Wow! You continue to post comments without support and deny the fact that much of what you claim has been shown to be untrue. I must ask Why?

    "Hillary hired Glenn Simpson" Prove it

    Actually it was Fusion Inc. which hired Christopher Steele

    Provide the links in which "Steele, Comey, McCabe, Lisa Page, and others said (the dossier) was unverified" Unverified does not mean "not true"

    "Crooked Trump haters" did not use the Steele dossier and nothing else to obtain the first FISA warrant on Carter Page - AFTER Page had left the Trump campaign.

    We do not have Strzok and Lisa Page's testimony verifying any "crooked operations". If you think we do, provide the quotes and page numbers of the transcripts.

    Personally, i don't think you can find any support other than your favored websites. I've read thru Strzok's testimony and failed to find support for the words posted in a Fox News story.

    The purpose of an investigation is to determine the truth or falsity of claims made about persons or institutions. What we do know at this time is the fact that multiple Trump associates have admitted their guilt. Others who have been indicted are not Americans and at least one American corporation owned by a "sovereign government" is fighting Mueller in the court in an effort to avoid turning over documents.
    And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #212
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarLevant View Post
    Well, if you are betting on Trump for wise choices, don't. The least wise choice Trump ever made was running for president, and becoming president.

    Speaking of asses, Trump's getting so wide I don't anything can cover it.
    Couldn't muster a point. But you damn well come up with an insult... that's about all that you leftist can do these days isn't it?

    Wait that's a rhetorical question... that is all you can actually do.
    it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book. Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

  3. #213
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Wow! You continue to post comments without support and deny the fact that much of what you claim has been shown to be untrue. I must ask Why?

    "Hillary hired Glenn Simpson" Prove it

    Actually it was Fusion Inc. which hired Christopher Steele

    Provide the links in which "Steele, Comey, McCabe, Lisa Page, and others said (the dossier) was unverified" Unverified does not mean "not true"

    "Crooked Trump haters" did not use the Steele dossier and nothing else to obtain the first FISA warrant on Carter Page - AFTER Page had left the Trump campaign.

    We do not have Strzok and Lisa Page's testimony verifying any "crooked operations". If you think we do, provide the quotes and page numbers of the transcripts.

    Personally, i don't think you can find any support other than your favored websites. I've read thru Strzok's testimony and failed to find support for the words posted in a Fox News story.

    The purpose of an investigation is to determine the truth or falsity of claims made about persons or institutions. What we do know at this time is the fact that multiple Trump associates have admitted their guilt. Others who have been indicted are not Americans and at least one American corporation owned by a "sovereign government" is fighting Mueller in the court in an effort to avoid turning over documents.
    You might be safer to wait for the rest of the truth to come out before defending story lines which are not true.

  4. #214
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,351

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongidig View Post
    So she is smart but AOC, Talib, Omar are dumb? I know, they are new. Let them get through orientation first.

    Pelosi is at least being an adult and recognizes that impeachment would be very divisive and bad for the country. The rest of your filthy party don't care about their country.
    That's the core issue, this acknowledgement it really would be divisive.

  5. #215
    Sage


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,596

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Couldn't muster a point. But you damn well come up with an insult... that's about all that you leftist can do these days isn't it?

    Wait that's a rhetorical question... that is all you can actually do.


    That's cute, coming from someone who backs a traitor, sex predator and a deadbeat.
    "He's in love and we're all gonna die" --- Randy Rainbow
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/parti...post1069790679

  6. #216
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarLevant View Post
    That's cute, coming from someone who backs a traitor, sex predator and a deadbeat.
    Yeah.. going to need citations on all of that. Oh that's right, I've asked for that same crap from leftist like you before and got nothing but the same empty, blow-hard crap as always.
    it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book. Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

  7. #217
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    11,229

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    You might be safer to wait for the rest of the truth to come out before defending story lines which are not true.
    This is hilarious - accusing me of "defending story lines which are not true" when you are unable to find backup for any of your claims.

    Once again with added emphasis

    "Hillary hired Glenn Simpson" Prove it Actually, it was Fusion Inc. which hired Christopher Steele

    Provide the links in which "Steele, Comey, McCabe, Lisa Page, and others said (the dossier) was unverified" Unverified does not mean "not true"

    "Crooked Trump haters" did not use the Steele dossier and nothing else to obtain the first FISA warrant on Carter Page - AFTER Page had left the Trump campaign.

    We do not have Strzok and Lisa Page's testimony verifying any "crooked operations". If you think we do, provide the quotes and page numbers of the transcripts.

    Personally, i don't think you can find any support other than your favored websites. I've read thru Strzok's testimony and failed to find support for the words posted in a Fox News story. I could be wrong but for some reason, tRump minions haven't provided evidence.

    The purpose of an investigation is to determine the truth or falsity of claims made about persons or institutions. What we do know at this time is the fact that multiple Trump associates have admitted their guilt. Others who have been indicted are not Americans and at least one American corporation owned by a "sovereign government" is fighting Mueller in the court in an effort to avoid turning over documents.
    And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #218
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    11,229

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarLevant View Post
    That's cute, coming from someone who backs a traitor, sex predator and a deadbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Yeah.. going to need citations on all of that. Oh that's right, I've asked for that same crap from leftist like you before and got nothing but the same empty, blow-hard crap as always.
    Is tRump a traitor? Maybe, but at this time we don't know. It is being investigated; however, two guys who know more about constitutional law than you or I, Lawrence Tribe and Joshua Matz, have laid out their thoughts on the matter.
    The evidence of sketchy interactions with Russia during the election is now much stronger; his assaults on the Russia investigation have continued apace; and Trumps financial entanglements with hostile powers have cast a pall of corruption over key foreign policy judgments.
    Is tRump a sex predator? 23 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct

    Is tRump a deadbeat, a man who has refused to pay those who have done work for him? A brief history of Trump's small-time swindles
    After putting in long hours for a special event at Trump National Doral, a Miami resort, 48 servers had to sue for unpaid overtime. The settlements averaged around $800 per worker, but went as high as $3,000 in one case. On top of that, a paint shop owner named Juan Carlos Enriquez also sued Trump's business, claiming he never got the final payment for a paint shipment to the same resort. In 2017, after a three-year legal fight, a court found in Enriquez's favor, and ordered Trump's company to pay the final $32,000, plus $300,000 in legal fees.
    Back to Tribe and Matz' opinion column
    Recently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi threw cold water on calls for immediate removal proceedings. Impeachment, she warned, is so divisive to the country that unless theres something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I dont think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. This is a wise political and constitutional judgmentfor now.
    (. . .)
    In light of events since May 2018, we now believe that two more potential high Crimes and Misdemeanors warrant investigation. But we also believe that both of them involve a number of under-appreciated complexities that require further reflection.

    The first such offense is corrupt failure to defend the United Statesand its electoral systemagainst domestic operations launched by a hostile foreign power. As Bob Bauer has written on Lawfare, Trump is misleading the American people about the very fact of Russias actions and, according to intelligence officials, Russias plans to press [its] attacks in the future. He has declined to vigorously lead in defending against these assaults: He is virtually flaunting his unwillingness to do so.
    (. . .)
    Viewing Trumps conduct as a whole, we see a sustained disregard for the lawand a willingness to use his wealth in illegal ways while buying silence from those who might harm his political fortunes with the truth.
    And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #219
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,519

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Is tRump a traitor? Maybe, but at this time we don't know. It is being investigated; however, two guys who know more about constitutional law than you or I, Lawrence Tribe and Joshua Matz, have laid out their thoughts on the matter.

    Is tRump a sex predator? 23 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct

    Is tRump a deadbeat, a man who has refused to pay those who have done work for him? A brief history of Trump's small-time swindles

    Back to Tribe and Matz' opinion column
    So no, he's not a traitor, a sexual predator, or a deadbeat...?

    That's a lot of text to not actually get around to proving anything at this point.
    it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book. Barack Obama
    Runners sent packing-
    PR:2, EF:10, Vrn:6, OL:12, CmTy:14, Sal:12, RA:18, AJ:4, RcT:7

  10. #220
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    11,229

    Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    So no, he's not a traitor, a sexual predator, or a deadbeat...?

    That's a lot of text to not actually get around to proving anything at this point.
    And your few words are not much of a rejoinder - not unexpected.
    And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •