Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

  1. #61
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    cut to new evidence that Warren lied just last summer about not misrepresenting herself as Native American on employment documents, or to further her career





    Further proof of Elizabeth Warrens bizarre personal identity issues, or her pathological tendencies to lie about who she is? Either way, I don't see how anyone can demand Ralph Northam's resignation for wearing a racist Halloween costume 35 years ago, and NOT demand Warrens resignation from politics for cultural appropriation, plus LYING about it for the past decade. Warren has to go!
    Do you have any evidence that she didn't sincerely believe that was part of her heritage?

    From what I understand, there is a small amount of First Nations blood in her, so pre-DNA testing, having to go by what your family story, this would be an easy thing to get wrong. Yet this thread is full of outrage for an honest mistake.

    Yet many of the people complaining about this behavior, fully supported Trump when he publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis after Charlottesville. Once again conservatives demonstrate their hypocrisy. Thank you for making it so evident..
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  2. #62
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,830

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Do you honestly think any court of law is actually going to do that to her? we have a 2 tiered justice system in this country.
    one for them and one for us. if we were to do that yes.

    since it was her na.
    I don't know. If she really has some minuscule percent of NA blood, it would seem she has a defense. It's B.S., but it is what it is. So likely, not.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  3. #63
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    In the woods
    Last Seen
    02-07-19 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    146

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    I am liberal.

    But she's toast. It's time for her to see that confirming the worst rumors about her means she should stay and work in the Senate.

  4. #64
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    In the woods
    Last Seen
    02-07-19 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    146

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I don't know. If she really has some minuscule percent of NA blood, it would seem she has a defense. It's B.S., but it is what it is. So likely, not.
    I'm afraid at this point, that's just quibbling. The Democrats have to be 100 times more honest and straighforward than the party of moral decay. Those are just the new rules.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,905

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I don't know. If she really has some minuscule percent of NA blood, it would seem she has a defense. It's B.S., but it is what it is. So likely, not.
    claiming something you are not is well you are right depending on the form a possible felony.
    but no court is going to prosecutor her for it.

    depending on the tribe it is all about ancestry. that is the big claim.

  6. #66
    Sage Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,992

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American
    For me, Sen. Warren is "beyond" the apology point. I was fine with her remarks last year (?) when it was just her Native American background was merely a matter of her having said so in public utterance and based on family lore. But now we find that "lily white" woman sat there and ticked "Native American" (or whatever it was other than "white") on an "official" form of some sort based on some damn family lore she'd not otherwise confirmed with some sort of far more credible analysis, well, that's just beyond the pale of what I'll accept from someone who seeks my approbation for their presidential aspirations.


    And then there's this:
    1. What ever possessed that woman to publicly share her family lore, hearsay, frankly, is beyond me. Momma has told me and my siblings we're descended from English royalty from the pre-Renaissance era, but she hasn't ever shown us a damn thing that gives us any reason to think that's true.

      Do you think I go round telling people that? Hell, no, I don't. I don't because I haven't pea turkey squat to show it's so; all I have is "Momma says." I'm sure Momma thinks she's telling the truth, but that doesn't make what she's said be so. We have documentation of our ancestry dating to the 17th century in the U.S. That's it, so that's as much as I dare attest to.

      Warren's Native American ancestry claim and its basis strikes me as exactly the same thing: "Momma says." She should have known "from jump" not to go telling people about that.

      And that brings me to...
    2. How the hell does a lawyer who becomes a US Senator and presidential aspirant have such poor judgment? How can she have no better sense than she's shown as goes what not to say about things nobody would otherwise and remotely think to ask about. I bet "dollars to donuts" she volunteered the claim of having Native American ancestry.

      Seriously. Who the hell is going to look a that woman with her blond hair and blue eyes and think there's any reason at all to ask her if she is of Native American ancestry? Nobody. That'd be like talking to a Black person and asking them if they have Viking or Ming Dynasty ancestors. There's no obvious or subtle reason to ask a Black person that question. Now if the person volunteers that s/he does, fine, but independently wondering whether s/he does just isn't something that'll come to a rational person's mind as a question to ask.

    She knew she'd ticked the "Native American" boxes on one or more "official" sorts of forms, yet when she got her "21 and me" (or whatever that DNA analysis service is called) rather than telling "the world" that she had done and owning it then, she sat her ass there and waited for others to find out and hold it over her head.

    Well, that doesn't work for me. It wouldn't be a big deal if she had kept mum about her family lore. But she didn't, and that she didn't makes her keeping mum about having ticked those boxes a lie of omission.

    In light of the above, Warren needs to, IMO, get over being POTUS. She should stay the hell in the Senate and represent the people of MA as best she can. If she gets appointed to a cabinet position, fine; she probably can do that effectively enough. But POTUS, no. The "ship" that might have sailed her into the WH has sailed and she missed it.
    Last edited by Xelor; 02-07-19 at 05:55 PM.
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

  7. #67
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 04:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,432

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    Do you have any evidence that she didn't sincerely believe that was part of her heritage?
    Yes- Warren listed herself as white while at the University of Texas, and declined to apply to Rutgers as a minority. These documents predate Warren's State Bar of Texas registration card, her listing in the AALS directory, as well as her tenure at Harvard, where she identified herself as American Indian, and called herself a minority woman.

    https://www.boston.com/uncategorized...inority-status

    From what I understand, there is a small amount of First Nations blood in her, so pre-DNA testing, having to go by what your family story, this would be an easy thing to get wrong. Yet this thread is full of outrage for an honest mistake.
    It's not 'easy' for a white person to mislabel themselves as a minority, based on 'family folklore'. My family folklore contains the same sort of rumors, and I wouldn't dream of telling people I'm Native American over it, much less claim minority status at school or work.

    Yet many of the people complaining about this behavior, fully supported Trump when he publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis after Charlottesville. Once again conservatives demonstrate their hypocrisy. Thank you for making it so evident..
    This is a non sequitur.

  8. #68
    Sage TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    9,535

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    cut to new evidence that Warren lied just last summer about not misrepresenting herself as Native American on employment documents, or to further her career




    Further proof of Elizabeth Warrens bizarre personal identity issues, or her pathological tendencies to lie about who she is? Either way, I don't see how anyone can demand Ralph Northam's resignation for wearing a racist Halloween costume 35 years ago, and NOT demand Warrens resignation from politics for cultural appropriation, plus LYING about it for the past decade. Warren has to go!
    If, and I know that this is a highly theoretical and implausible speculation, you were to place yourself in the position of a totally unbiased person who was NOT either a "Democrat" (whatever that is) or a "Republican" (whatever that is), would you say that Ms. Warren REGARDLESS of what she claimed about her ancestry had done what the people who elected her had elected her to do or not?

    In short, who actually cares if Ms. Warren is "White", "Black", "Red", "Brown", or "Yellow"?

    Well, I mean aside from biased, partisan, political hacks.

  9. #69
    Sage TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    9,535

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Kind of a complicated question. As with most lefties, I don't think they are in it for purely personal reasons, other than they have an agenda that they (falsely) think will be better for the country and the end justifies the means of getting there so anything goes. Lie, cheat, steal, run over your mother with the car, take down a lifelong good man fellow Democrat who owns a retail coffee chain, anything. As long as the country is better off in the end it justifies how you get there. I don't believe they are in it for personal glory. All hail socialism.
    And that differs (substantially) from

    [indent]
    As with most lefties righties, I don't think they are in it for purely personal reasons, other than they have an agenda that they (falsely) think will be better for the country and the end justifies the means of getting there so anything goes. Lie, cheat, steal, run over your mother with the car, take down a lifelong good man fellow Democrat who owns a retail coffee chain factory, anything. As long as the country is better off in the end it justifies how you get there. I don't believe they are in it for personal glory. All hail socialism capitalist oligarchies. [/indent

    how?

  10. #70
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 04:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,432

    Re: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes for Calling Herself Native American

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    If, and I know that this is a highly theoretical and implausible speculation, you were to place yourself in the position of a totally unbiased person who was NOT either a "Democrat" (whatever that is) or a "Republican" (whatever that is), would you say that Ms. Warren REGARDLESS of what she claimed about her ancestry had done what the people who elected her had elected her to do or not?
    I don't know Warren's entire Senatorial voting record, but I can say she's spent a fair amount of time having to defend, and now apologize for her past dishonesty. I'm also not from Massachusetts, nor would I have voted for her is I were, so I'm probably not the person to ask. However, in light of Warren's ambition to become the most powerful person in the world, every American has a right to know her past history.

    In short, who actually cares if Ms. Warren is "White", "Black", "Red", "Brown", or "Yellow"?
    The Native Americans who have gone on record saying Elizabeth Warren stole from them. And those of us who find that fact alarming.

    Well, I mean aside from biased, partisan, political hacks.
    If you think the voters are going to overlook Warren's cultural appropriation in 2020 because 'race is a social construct' anyway, you're going to see just how wrong you are about that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •