Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78

Thread: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

  1. #11
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,981
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    The purpose of all static security - door locks, safes, fences, walls etc is time delay to allow detection and delay (entry and exit) to allow law enforcement or security to arrive. Everyone discussing security legitimately knows that.

    In the absolutely absurd logic of the Democratic Party, banks and jewelry stores having safes and vaults are all 100% wasted money because anyone can cut thru those. Really, jewelry stores should just leave all their jewelry in the display windows and banks should just have any money and valuables stacked on shelving in the lobby when closed. Safe deposit boxes also are absurd. There should just be shelving outside in front of the bank and each person rents a spot on a shelf.

    All theft of any kind could be prevented by just putting up a security camera looking at the area. Nothing has ever been stolen and no crime ever committed in any area covered by a video camera. Walls, cells, bars etc at prisons also are a waste - even the prison itself. All that needs to be done is to buy or build apartments, order those sentenced to serve time to stay there, pointing out the area has video cameras watching it. No prisoner would ever dare leave if there are video cameras.
    Last edited by joko104; 01-12-19 at 03:42 PM.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wut? How in the world would that detect vibrations to alert authorities someone is trying to cut through?
    Or did you really not understand what was being spoken about?
    ........never mind; if it needs to be ‘splained..............
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny,too.” -George Thorogood

  3. #13
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,886

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    One can cut through areas with no physical barrier with a pair of flip-flops. Tossing out anything (better than nothing) on the basis that it is less than perfect would eliminate most federal spending. So long as we apply that test to all federal spending then I am on board.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #14
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,981
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wut? Quarter slot on the bed?

    You clearly are talking about something I am unfamiliar with.
    He is apparently really old. Some independent motels at least 50 years old still have those. It is a vibrator attached to the bed frame that it costs a quarter to get to run for a little while.

  5. #15
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,981
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    One can cut through areas with no physical barrier with a pair of flip-flops. Tossing out anything (better than nothing) on the basis that it is less than perfect would eliminate most federal spending. So long as we apply that test to all federal spending then I am on board.
    Exactly.

  6. #16
    Conservatarian Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6,581

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    From NBC News

    Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

    A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

    The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions. Steel bollard fencing has been used under previous administrations.

    However, testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

    COMMENT:-

    Well, back to the drawing board.
    And what kind of saw would it take and how long does the cutting take?
    Last edited by Bullseye; 01-12-19 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,967

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The purpose of all static security - door locks, safes, fences, walls etc is time delay to allow detection and delay (entry and exit) to allow law enforcement or security to arrive. Everyone discussing security legitimately knows that.

    In the absolutely absurd logic of the Democratic Party, banks and jewelry stores having safes and vaults are all 100% wasted money because anyone can cut thru those. Really, jewelry stores should just leave all their jewelry in the display windows and banks should just have any money and valuables stacked on shelving in the lobby when closed. Safe deposit boxes also are absurd. There should just be shelving outside in front of the bank and each person rents a spot on a shelf.

    All theft of any kind could be prevented by just putting up a security camera looking at the area. Nothing has ever been stolen and no crime ever committed in any area covered by a video camera. Walls, cells, bars etc at prisons also are a waste - even the prison itself. All that needs to be done is to buy or build apartments, order those sentenced to serve time to stay there, pointing out the area has video cameras watching it. No prisoner would ever dare leave if there are video cameras.
    With your logic, we should build a ten thousand foot tall wall. Right? There’s no such thing as bad wall spending!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you sure? Race is the only difference between Swedish socialism and Venezualan socialism.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    38,917

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    https://archpaper.com/2019/01/border...ypes-breached/

    Maybe here. ^^^^


    All eight.........
    You didn't answer my question. I'll repeat: which of these eight prototype wall is the one that NBC says was cut through?
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  9. #19
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He is apparently really old. Some independent motels at least 50 years old still have those. It is a vibrator attached to the bed frame that it costs a quarter to get to run for a little while.
    C,mon joko, if you want to insult me, sack up and quote me. How are you familiar with the vibrating bed? I like to think that I am wise beyond my years......
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny,too.” -George Thorogood

  10. #20
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,316

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    So tell me...which of these eight prototype wall is the one that NBC says was cut through?



    Attachment 67247857

    Please tell me how you arrive at your decision.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-sawed-n956856

    Okie dokie.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •