Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 661

Thread: [W:492] F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

  1. #81
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,853

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So what? That doesnt put him in a position to know anything about what is going on in the current administration. Mattis and Kelley have been there from the start. Are you claiming that these two men know that Trump is selling out the US to the Russians and have kept quiet about it?
    That's your strawman question as a card carrying Putin-Trump Fanboy.

    This is a democracy which works in ways that are deliberate, step by step and based in the rule of law.

    Given your post(s) as a Putin-Trump sychophant who is unable to criticize either of 'em, I like to think of Kelly and Mattis as undercover guys during the two years when Trump was unchecked by Congress and limited to only some small extent by the courts that Trump has anyway been packing with extremist judges who advocate virtually unlimited executive power under Trump.

    People who are unable or unwilling to present any criticism of Trump are either oblivious, in denial, or are involved in collusion.
    All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

  2. #82
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,351

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by holbritter View Post
    If they had any proof Trump was a Russian asset, or real information that pointed that way and kept that secret because the 'timing' wasn't right or the investigation wasn't complete, they are being derelict in not releasing that information and arresting Trump immediately. President or not, that's exactly what should happen if that is true.
    You can't argue two opposite positions. You can't say that without the investigation being complete, the FBI should arrest the president -- and also argue, as you have done in other posts, that there is a witch hunt against Trump; it's the deep-state out to get him; etc.

    No, for law enforcement to charge a president with a crime, they better have all the ducks in a row. Their evidence must be ironclad and have no holes. They are doing EXACTLY what they should -- collecting all the evidence and presenting it to the Special Prosecutor, who is charged with investigating any Russian interference in 2016.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,194
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Red:
    That remark doesn't even address whether Trump be a Russian asset.
    But it sounded like she did.

    Its her craft.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #84
    #TrumpShutdown
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,843

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    It seems that the FBI opened up an investigation into Donald Trump and possible collusion with Russia out of concerns that this could be a security concern for the U.S.

    F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html
    Gee, whoda thunk it? /s

    How surprised can anyone be when a significant portion of Trumps campaign/transition teams had secret contact with various Russian government agents?

    At this juncture and considering Trumps own words and actions vis-a-vis Putin/Russia, I'd be surprised if Trump wasn't king kompromat.


    We are now in → Day 30 ← of the Donald Trump/Mitch McConnell government shutdown.

  5. #85
    Sage Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,949

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    But it sounded like she did.

    Its her craft.
    Red:
    LOL...To whom? LOL
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

  6. #86
    Sage
    holbritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,517

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    A. We didn't know that Swampy was being investigated by the FBI.
    B. What did Mueller lie about? He hasn't said anything at all. Are you confusing Mueller with Comey, who told the Congress that there were no FBI investigations of Trump? Well, according to the Times article, the FBI counterintelligence investigation was started AFTER Comey was fired.

    No, there is no conspiracy here with timing. The house of cards is merely collapsing, little by little.

    A. Of course we did.
    B. You're right. I did confuse the two.

    Ask yourself why this came out now. What's the purpose? Why is it being called a 'bombshell report' when those accusations were being floated around previously? C'mon and be honest. You don't think this media play is to put pressure and turn any public support for Trump and the shutdown around?

    Major outlets lead off with this 'bombshell' report and go right into the shutdown.

    I know the timing suits the anti Trump agenda, but if you think it's just coincidence that a nothing report (meaning, nothing he hasn't been accused of before) is suspect....

    The media plays people like fiddles.
    Me not responding means it's a waste of my time and/or I don't play stupid games. I read it, eye-rolled, and moved on.

  7. #87
    Sage
    holbritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,517

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    You can't argue two opposite positions. You can't say that without the investigation being complete, the FBI should arrest the president -- and also argue, as you have done in other posts, that there is a witch hunt against Trump; it's the deep-state out to get him; etc.

    No, for law enforcement to charge a president with a crime, they better have all the ducks in a row. Their evidence must be ironclad and have no holes. They are doing EXACTLY what they should -- collecting all the evidence and presenting it to the Special Prosecutor, who is charged with investigating any Russian interference in 2016.

    When did I say the deep state was out to get him? And yes, I can say and I do say, that if the FBI has evidence Trump is a Russian asset, there is no excuse not to arrest him immediately. You don't let a Russian asset stay in the position of the President of the United States while you continue to investigate other accusations. No way, no how.

    Russian interference is much different, imo, than having a Russian asset as President and keep him in that position, while you get your ducks in a row.
    Me not responding means it's a waste of my time and/or I don't play stupid games. I read it, eye-rolled, and moved on.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,410

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Exactly. If there is any evidence at all that Trump is an asset for a hostile power it needs to be made known immediately. That no such evidence has materialized shows that it either doesnt exist or the investigators are agents of the same foreign power.
    You're not making any sense. There is plenty of evidence just in the public record, much of it available even at that time. Some is even listed in the article.


    - Trump and his campaigns many, abnormal ties to Russians
    - Trump and his campaigns hiding/obfuscating their ties to Russians
    - Trump asking Russia to get Hillary's emails
    - refusal to criticize Putin (ever), while being highly critical of nearly anyone/everyone else
    - Republican platform softened in a way that benefited Russia
    - Dossier
    - Four Trump associates were already under active investigation for ties to Russia
    - Russia was actively working to help Trump win he election, in the U.S.
    - knowledge of how Russia operates (historically and present day)
    - Trump - I fired Comey because of the Russia investigation
    - Trump inexplicable invites Russians to a high-five in the Oval Office after the election, no U.S. reporters.
    - Trump tells the Russians in the high-five meeting he eased pressure on the Russia investigation by firing the nut-job FBI director

    You mean that no additional information that resulted from the ongoing investigation? They keep that secret unless they indict. They cannot indict Trump. What's your solution there, to pull a James Comey and blab to the press about it?

    In contrast, what we have NOT seen is any evidence of, is that "additional evidence" will cause Trump supporters to change their public support for Trump.

  9. #89
    Guru HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,760

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Wait, are the kids still crying about Comey being fired? Even though it's already been shown that there was no wrong doing when he did so?
    Well, that's the desperation of left and to an extent, this who idiotic "resist" group as well.

    I'll be here waiting to see if they can actually prove anything this time around. Though I'm not going to hold my breath on this one either.
    FBI counterintelligence doesn't investigate anyone on a whim. When counterintelligence (CI) opens an investigation on someone it's because they have legitimate concerns for national security. Even the notion that the FBI counterintelligence is investigating the president of the United States is absolutely mind-boggling. They were trying to determine whether or not the president was a threat to national security! This is something that might have happened during the Cold War, not in 2017.

    The United States, despite losing some of its status in world leadership is still one of the world's superpowers. Naturally it will be the constant target of jealousies, resentments, rivalries, and challenges to its economic well-being, security, and leadership in the world. This inevitably means that the United States will be the target of large-scale foreign espionage all the time and this is precisely where CI focuses their attention. If they were investigating the relationship between Trump and Russia then every little thing that Trump said or did that related directly to Russia would be noted, and of course we know there were plenty for them to take notice of. They were concerned about any undue influence that Russia may have had on Trump.

    Keep in mind that this CI investigation was not based on any information from the Steele dossier, or from Lisa Page or Peter Strzok. This counterintelligence probe was ongoing alongside the Comey firing, not because of it, that's where the special counsel came into the picture. Both investigations eventually came under the umbrella of the special-counsel probe led by Robert Mueller.

    I believe that our country should collectively prepare for some extremely damaging revelations in March because we're going to be shaken to our core. Unless we unite against a foreign adversary that tried to destroy us, this country is going to suffer irreparable damage.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
    - George Orwell -

  10. #90
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,853

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I can, have and will critique Putin on multiple fronts. So much for your dumb theory.
    Your posts are predominantly critical attacks against critics of Putin-Trump.

    Your evasions make Trump look honest by comparison. They make Putin look pure. You criticize neither as you demonstrate absolutely at this thread and topic. I look forward therefore to continuing to rely on your compulsive and oblivious self-expose.
    All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •