Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 223

Thread: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

  1. #111
    A tad Kwazy

    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,373

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Janfu let me ask you a couple of questions. The FBI is not supposed to single out political targets then investigate them in a effort to find a crime without first having credible evidence of a crime to start the investigation.
    Cart before the horse question.

    What credible evidence of a crime did the FBI have to start a criminal investigation of Trump? If you cannot answer that question then do you not find it disturbing? Would you want the FBI starting a large scale multi million dollar investigation of you without first having credible evidence of wrong doing?
    It is clear that you believe the FBI is completely corrupted.

    I do not know what evidence they had. Neither do you. For a Party that before Trump strongly supported the FBI, DOJ, rule of law to suddenly turn on those performing the investigation, have sacrificed Party over morals

    I am waiting for Mueller's report. Thing is many portions of the report will be redacted and sealed for decades
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    I hope to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like my grandfather's passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not gay. Why would you say I am?

  2. #112
    A tad Kwazy

    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,373

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    I'm guessing you missed the correction to the NYT's article.



    At this point you don't KNOW anything you suspect but you don't know. What we know is the NYT now admits they didn't have their facts straight in the article.

    It is also not clear from the reports what the “data” was. The Times acknowledged in their story that “most of the data was public, but some of it was developed by a private polling firm working for the campaign.” So its not clear that this data was "critical data" or was passed to a Russian oligarch
    Why would he do that? I smell corruption
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    I hope to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like my grandfather's passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not gay. Why would you say I am?

  3. #113
    Sage
    Saladin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    01-13-19 @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,511

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The thing is, it doesn't matter what the Mueller report comes out with about Trump. His cult of supporters will rationalize it no matter what and history will judge them very poorly for it.
    I expect many to say "Collusion" is not a crime...If trump is doing it.....No doubt the Russians are smiling how easy it was to infiltrate America...With so many willing dupes
    Power concedes Nothing without a Demand it never has and Never Will

  4. #114
    Proud member of the 'ilk'

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,827

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Janfu let me ask you a couple of questions. The FBI is not supposed to single out political targets then investigate them in a effort to find a crime without first having credible evidence of a crime to start the investigation. What credible evidence of a crime did the FBI have to start a criminal investigation of Trump? If you cannot answer that question then do you not find it disturbing? Would you want the FBI starting a large scale multi million dollar investigation of you without first having credible evidence of wrong doing?
    Yep. Can’t start an investigation without credible evidence.

    What was the evidence?

    You never know unless you are charged. And those charges will be in Miller’s report.

    Glad to know you’re not disturbed by the basic fact that the FBI had very credible evidence to suspect a sitting president was working for the Russians.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #115
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    656

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/u...a-inquiry.html


    quoted extract: WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

    The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

    Jesus- Not sure what to say.
    One word for this: coup attempt.

  6. #116
    A tad Kwazy

    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,373

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    One word for this: coup attempt.
    That is 2 words
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    I hope to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like my grandfather's passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not gay. Why would you say I am?

  7. #117
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Southlake, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,101

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Cart before the horse question.
    That is not an answer to my questions. Try again. I would like an honest answer from you.



    It is clear that you believe the FBI is completely corrupted.
    Yes I do and the EVIDENCE supports that belief. Comey, the IG blasted him, Rosenstein blasted him he was fired. McCabe, Fired, Strzok removed from Mueller investigation demoted and later fired. Page removed from Mueller investigation quit before being fired. The FBI was wire tapping Carter Page and used the Russian dossier and it was sign off to the FISA court judge as verified when clearly it was not. McCabe said there would have been no FISA warrant without the Russian dossier. So Comey , Yates. and Rosenstein all lied to a Federal FISA court judge. Its time to CRIMINALLY investigate the investigators.



    I do not know what evidence they had. Neither do you.
    They didn't have anything other than an unverified dossier. That was the start of this whole mess. That is why they illegally surveilled Carter Page McCabe admitted it.

    For a Party that before Trump strongly supported the FBI, DOJ, rule of law to suddenly turn on those performing the investigation, have sacrificed Party over morals
    I'm not sure at what you are getting at but . I believe the problem with the FBI was a problem of a few high up politically motivated members of the FBI who took the unprecedented step of removing an investigation of Hillary from the field office and conducting it in Washington DC at the highest and most politically motivated offices of the FBI. I don't believe most of the agents in the FBI are corrupt just a few at the top that the evidence points to.

    I am waiting for Mueller's report. Thing is many portions of the report will be redacted and sealed for decades
    It doesn't sound like you are waiting for the report it sounds like you have already made up your mind.

    I strongly suspect that if the Mueller report finds wrong doing by Trump it will have nothing to do with the 2016 Presidential campaign. Don't you think if they had anything on Trump they would have already taken it to Congress and pursued impeachment by now Trump's first term is already half way over. They are still looking for a crime on Trump.

  8. #118
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,564

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    When are you liberal geniuses going to learn that opening a criminal investigation into A POTUS without EVIDENCE of a crime is the first steps towards a police state. Buried deep in that article say there is no public evidence that Trump committed a crime. This is shades of Edgar Hoover running the FBI. But most of you are too young to remember him.
    FFS, Trump is dirty. Only an idiot would suggest otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trump is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a long while...

  9. #119
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    87,766

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    FFS, Trump is dirty. Only an idiot would suggest otherwise.
    I know; right?

    There is not only a paper trail, a speech trail, a tweet trail, a Helsinki trail, a pull out of Syria trail, and now a make America Weak with a month-long shutdown trail.

    There is also an interview with Lester Holt leading us right to the dip ****'s guilt.

    Putin certainly got his money's worth with this useful idiot.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
    ― James Waterman Wise

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    96,134

    Re: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Cart before the horse question.



    It is clear that you believe the FBI is completely corrupted.

    I do not know what evidence they had. Neither do you. For a Party that before Trump strongly supported the FBI, DOJ, rule of law to suddenly turn on those performing the investigation, have sacrificed Party over morals

    I am waiting for Mueller's report. Thing is many portions of the report will be redacted and sealed for decades
    This investigation proves that there's massive corruption within the FBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •