Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 245

Thread: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Security

  1. #201
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,039

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    But the only thing he's willing to fight for is spending $5b on a small portion of his vanity wall...

    ...without a shred of reputable evidence afaik to show this is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Have you seen that evidence?
    So as typical you have no argument got it. thanks for your rant but it is dismissed.

    PS if you haven't noticed we use walls all the time to keep people out of things they don't need to be in.
    or to keep people in places where we want them to be.

    so yes there is plenty of evidence that walls work in doing that very thing.

    Look at one of the largest walls in the world. The Great wall of China repelled the Huns, the Qins, and the Han dynasties.
    So if you want to look at history walls are very effective.

    One of the largest cities Troy repelled the entire greek army for weeks if not months with walls.

    so evidence suggests that walls are very effective.
    Last edited by ludin; 01-11-19 at 11:04 AM.

  2. #202
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,216

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    So as typical you have no argument got it. thanks for your rant but it is dismissed.
    WTF. Why are you blatantly lying? Not cool dude, not cool at all.

    There was no rant. I said:

    But the only thing he's willing to fight for is spending $5b on a small portion of his vanity wall...

    ...without a shred of reputable evidence afaik to show this is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Have you seen that evidence?
    And there is an argument: afaik there is no evidence this is a good strategy.

    Am I wrong?

    If so produce the reputable evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.
    Last edited by JustHanging; 01-11-19 at 11:09 AM.
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  3. #203
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,870

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Security


    https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01/...-obama-hillary
    Students at American University reacted unfavorably to calls for increased border security to stem the flow of illegal immigrants, expressing shock that prominent Democrats have agreed with the idea in the past.... Campus Reform's Cabot Phillips visited the university's Washington, D.C. campus amid the ongoing border funding battle and partial government shutdown.... He presented students with several quotes that sounded a lot like President Trump's speeches, but actually came from then-Senator Barack Obama, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Hillary Clinton -- including:
    “Illegal Immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress.” - Schumer, 2009
    “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and unchecked” - Obama, 2005
    “I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think you have to control your borders.” - Clinton, 2015
    Students described the quotes as “dehumanizing,” “problematic” and “jingoist," with one student dubbing it "hateful speech" and another claiming the comments contained "racial biases."... The were in for a surprise, however, when Phillips informed that prominent Democrats actually made the remarks.




    ~~~~~~
    People both young and old get all their news from their smart phones and computers. The fact that these college students were clueless about this indicates just how thorough a job of censorship is being done by MSN, Google, Facebook and others in Silicon Valley This is becoming critical it is we should do something about it.
    Politicians of the Progressive Left have only supported increased border security as part of a huge amnesty give-away “comprehensive package.” They NEVER really supported border security in and of itself, and were always dead set against “border security first,” which was really a GOP reaction to leftist dithering on the matter.
    Just think: It was Obama who starved the Border Patrol of resources and who put in all sorts of rules basically telling them to let people in. Sure, he had a lot of “deportations,” but that was a statistical at the border game to make his numbers look good. Remember, he didn’t do squat when the trains of aliens rolled north through Mexico. There is a claim that 693 miles of border wall were built during the Obama administration. That is a lie/falsehood/misstatement of fact. Most of the wall was already there constructed by previous administrations before Bush 43 and Obama. Actually under the Obama administration less than one tenth of that was constructed as new border wall. Whatever happened to the $56 billion alloted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006?
    It's always funny that when the right wants to make the left look silly they tend to go to colleges and talk to kids. Meanwhile the stupidity of the right is an all ages show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  4. #204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,039

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    WTF. Why are you blatantly lying?

    There was no rant. I said:



    Please produce the reputable evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.
    there is no lie.
    you are just ranting nonsense. appeal to emotion, rhetorical nonsense has no use here.
    i am done entertaining as if you are making a logical argument of some kind.


    please see my post above which i edited.
    walls are very effective through out history.

  5. #205
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,216

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    there is no lie.
    you are just ranting nonsense. appeal to emotion, rhetorical nonsense has no use here.
    i am done entertaining as if you are making a logical argument of some kind.
    No, you are lying. Again. Asking for evidence is none of those.

    I asked a simple question, and you refuse to answer it. Instead resorting to lies, please answer the question:

    Where is the reputable evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling?


    walls are very effective through out history.
    That would vary on a case by case basis. You do understand that, correct?

    We're talking about spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall. Surely before spending that much money it's important to know that this is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling, the desired outcome of the spending.

    Can't we agree on that?
    Last edited by JustHanging; 01-11-19 at 11:15 AM.
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  6. #206
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,870

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Republicans have been so horribly dishonest about this issue that as a result they get nothing at all. If you want a wall so badly, you can buy this and build it yourself:

    Attachment 67247710


    What's a tuunal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  7. #207
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,216

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Damn Liberals, another new word to learn? Landsakes, I haven't finished my learnin' about "laydairs".
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,643

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    Thank you for making my point. You appear to be basing spending $5b on a bunch of ad hoc rationalization.

    Please provide the evidence from reputable sources showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.
    No, I’m basing spending $5 billion on the fact that gaps in the barrier are exploited by predatory smugglers and human traffickers. Why are you acting as though $5 billion is some eye popping figure?

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,039

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    No, you are lying. Again. Asking for evidence is none of those.

    I asked a simple question, and you refuse to answer it. Instead resorting to lies, please answer the question:

    Where is the reputable evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling?
    That is an actual argument what you were stating before was not an argument.
    We have plenty of historical evidence that shows that walls are a good barrier for
    keep people out. the evidence is around you everyday that you walk down the street.

    It is evident by the fact that most high income people have fences and walls around their homes to keep people out.
    sometimes you just have to look around you for evidence.

    The 5 billion used in high traffic area's could very much be effective along with other technology in handling the situation, and
    allowing BP to get there to capture them.

    again your argument is based in bias and hate not logic and reason.

  10. #210
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    36,171

    Re: How About That?: College Students Shocked to Hear Hillary, Obama & Schumer Pushed Border Securit

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    Why? I would say the Trump base is a much better example of what the failed education system pumped out.
    And you are basing that on what exactly?

    Research shows Millennials not ready for real world: anxiety, panic attacks - Research shows Millennials not ready for real world: anxiety, panic attacks | MINA Report

    You don't get a trophy for not getting your work done. You don't get a trophy when you don't feel like finishing something. And you certainly don't get a trophy when you quit.

    For an entire generation of young adults this is a very difficult reality to face. The scariest thing about it? They don't even realize this is a problem.
    - https://www.businessinsider.com/3-re...careers-2012-8

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    These are people who literally can't figure out how monumentally stupid it is to spend $5b on a wall that can be defeated by a $20 ladder.

    See above.
    Please post the actual plans for the wall and then show how people crossing 90 miles of desert bring $20.00 ladders to get into the country.

    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Literally, go to Boulder CO. Literally defy a Builder cop. Only then will you have even a single ounce of credibility. <---- Bwahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    It's always good for a laugh whenever you try and reference logic. It's like watching someone pine away for a person he's never met.<---- Angel Roasted!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •