Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 738

Thread: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

  1. #341
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,621

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    Only a real dick and someone who's hatred of Trump is more important that the life and safety of fellow citizens, would approve of what Pelosi and Schumer are doing. Let's not forget that this wall was OK with everyone...before Trump was president.

    Go burn your flag.
    Let's not forget that Trump had control of the House and the Senate for 2 years, until last week. If this was such a national crisis, why didn't he take care of it then?

    Spare us the fake patriotism. I didn't see you or any of the other faux patriots screaming on here about how Trump wasn't addressing this "national crisis" when he had the means to do so. You only scream about it when the Democrats took control of the House.

    Not everyone is stupid, and it's in your interest to remember that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #342
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,621

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...ll-11547056461

    Hopes dim for immediate progress on ending partial government shutdown

    WASHINGTON—President Trump abruptly walked out of a meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told him the Democrats wouldn’t approve funding for a border wall, dashing hopes for immediate progress on ending the partial government shutdown.

    Mr. Trump tweeted that the meeting with Mrs. Pelosi (D., Calif.) and Senate Minority [paywall]
    ==============================================
    Trump is in the process of digging his own legacy. A leader he is not.
    Trump loves conflict and strife. He works better under those circumstances. Everything he does is purposeful, for the optics.

    He and his supporters never used the words "national crisis" until the Democrats won control of the House. Now he, and they, are pretending this is something that needs to be addressed immediately.

    Yet not a one of them on here was screaming, cackling, and carrying on about a national crisis when the Republicans had control of the House, the Senate, and the Oval Office.

    This is why some members of the GOP in DC are stating to peel away. They aren't stupid either. They know that the smart people see exactly what's going on here, and that they have no explanation for why they didn't take care of the "crisis" when they had a chance - for 2 full years.

    I'd say the theatrics are interesting, but they are actually pathetic and embarrassing.

    Trump is making a mockery out of the United States.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #343
    Guru

    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-19 @ 10:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,939

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Let's not forget that Trump had control of the House and the Senate for 2 years, until last week. If this was such a national crisis, why didn't he take care of it then?

    Spare us the fake patriotism. I didn't see you or any of the other faux patriots screaming on here about how Trump wasn't addressing this "national crisis" when he had the means to do so. You only scream about it when the Democrats took control of the House.

    Not everyone is stupid, and it's in your interest to remember that.
    Yup, agree. Republicans in both Chambers were, lets face it, p***ies on the issue. Trump should have held out for the funding on the previous continuing funding bill.

  4. #344
    Guru
    Buzz62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,979

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Let's not forget that Trump had control of the House and the Senate for 2 years, until last week. If this was such a national crisis, why didn't he take care of it then?

    Spare us the fake patriotism. I didn't see you or any of the other faux patriots screaming on here about how Trump wasn't addressing this "national crisis" when he had the means to do so. You only scream about it when the Democrats took control of the House.

    Not everyone is stupid, and it's in your interest to remember that.
    That's BS and you know it. The wall has always been important. This "crisis" has been created by Libbies who insist on doing really dumb crap like making sanctuary cities and such. They invite the refugees up to the States. In the mean time, a cop was shot to death over the Christmas break, by an illegal.

    Merry Gawd-Damn Christmas!
    It's so lonely in m'saddle...since m'horse died...

  5. #345
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    80,003

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Trump loves conflict and strife. He works better under those circumstances. Everything he does is purposeful, for the optics.

    He and his supporters never used the words "national crisis" until the Democrats won control of the House. Now he, and they, are pretending this is something that needs to be addressed immediately.

    Yet not a one of them on here was screaming, cackling, and carrying on about a national crisis when the Republicans had control of the House, the Senate, and the Oval Office.

    This is why some members of the GOP in DC are stating to peel away. They aren't stupid either. They know that the smart people see exactly what's going on here, and that they have no explanation for why they didn't take care of the "crisis" when they had a chance - for 2 full years.

    I'd say the theatrics are interesting, but they are actually pathetic and embarrassing.

    Trump is making a mockery out of the United States.
    What a surprise another anti Trump rant, you are right something should have been done prior to this action, something like Congress actually passing a budget, any idea why that didn't happen? Tell me exactly why you are against a wall and do so with something other than your opinions, something like this

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurcAFMNAWs

  6. #346
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,621

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Yup, agree. Republicans in both Chambers were, lets face it, p***ies on the issue. Trump should have held out for the funding on the previous continuing funding bill.
    And Trump is obviously an inept leader for not doing anything about it.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #347
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    80,003

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And Trump is obviously an inept leader for not doing anything about it.
    Tell me how you compromise with a radical Democratic Party today? Obviously your opinion is emotion not fact driven

  8. #348
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,621

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    That's BS and you know it. The wall has always been important. This "crisis" has been created by Libbies who insist on doing really dumb crap like making sanctuary cities and such. They invite the refugees up to the States. In the mean time, a cop was shot to death over the Christmas break, by an illegal.

    Merry Gawd-Damn Christmas!
    Go ahead and prove what's "BS" in my post.

    Start by showing me that the Republicans did NOT control the House, the Senate, and the White House.

    Then go on to post clips of Republicans for the last 2 years (prior to the Dems taking control) calling it a "national crisis", including Trump, and suggesting that it be declared a national crisis to build the wall.

    Then go on to link to the posts between 2017 and last week by you and the other citizens of Trump Fan Nation saying it is a "national crisis", screaming that the Republicans haven't given Trump $5 billion for his wall, and demanding that Trump shut down the government and declare a national crisis.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #349
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,741

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Let's not forget that Trump had control of the House and the Senate for 2 years, until last week. If this was such a national crisis, why didn't he take care of it then?

    Spare us the fake patriotism. I didn't see you or any of the other faux patriots screaming on here about how Trump wasn't addressing this "national crisis" when he had the means to do so. You only scream about it when the Democrats took control of the House.

    Not everyone is stupid, and it's in your interest to remember that.


    Funny how his supporters here are conveniently forgetting that.
    Support DACA/Dreamers. "Find your humanity! Haven't any of you ever had a dream?"
    _____________________________________________

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,497

    Re: Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    Only a real dick and someone who's hatred of Trump is more important that the life and safety of fellow citizens
    Struck a nerve eh?

    would approve of what Pelosi and Schumer are doing.
    What is it that they are doing? They, as others, represent the interests of the people who elected them.

    Let's not forget that this wall was OK
    Yet Trump and GOP control of both houses did not make it happen.
    Take you ignorance and stupidity somewhere else. It gets no traction here.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •