Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 393

Thread: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

  1. #181
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,908

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Were you expecting him to talk about the weather?
    I got exactly what I expected. Trump reeling in fear and trying to rally his base with that fear by peddling the same retread crap he's be saying for years. Hardly a "special" announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,836

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    I kept thinking Mr. Burns and Vampira.

    chancy.jpg

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  3. #183
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,944

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    I tried that once, but it's not easy. I adjusted my withholding to try to get as close to zero as possible, but ended up with around a $30 refund. (I used tax software to do "what-if" scenarios)
    It is easy since tax law changes (affecting most) are infrequent. Divide your past year's total tax due by how often you get paid and adjust your employer's withholding to that amount. So long as you had no less withheld than your past year's tax liability you will not face any IRS penalty for owing some federal income tax at filing time. The "hard part" for many is not saving some of that "extra" money that you will then have in case you owe a bit when filing your annual tax return.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #184
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,308

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I got exactly what I expected. Trump reeling in fear and trying to rally his base with that fear by peddling the same retread crap he's be saying for years. Hardly a "special" announcement.
    I like this quote...

    We cannot continue to allow people to enter the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked. The American people are a welcoming and generous people, but those who enter our country's borders illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of the law. We need to secure our borders, and support additional personnel, infrastructure, and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

    Trump was right on!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #185
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,908

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I like this quote...

    We cannot continue to allow people to enter the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked. The American people are a welcoming and generous people, but those who enter our country's borders illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of the law. We need to secure our borders, and support additional personnel, infrastructure, and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

    Trump was right on!
    What was "special" about that announcement?

    Trump is losing badly and wanted to rally the ignorant imps in his base that fear everything. He said nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,308

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    What was "special" about that announcement?

    Trump is losing badly and wanted to rally the ignorant imps in his base that fear everything. He said nothing new.
    Oh, damn. My mistake. That's not from Trump, it's from the Democrat Party platform of 2008. Yes, 2008, not 1908, 2008.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #187
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,908

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, damn. My mistake. That's not from Trump, it's from the Democrat Party platform of 2008. Yes, 2008, not 1908, 2008.
    It's called the DemocratIC Party.

    Great. So I guess you have nothing to complain about then right? Noticed how they didn't need to fake up a "Special announcement" to preach it to the people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  8. #188
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,708

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    What was "special" about that announcement?

    Trump is losing badly and wanted to rally the ignorant imps in his base that fear everything. He said nothing new.
    Nothing he said last night was new. He made a calculated error by asking for air time to push a partisan gripe and repeat what everyone already heard him say repeatedly.

    But to his credit, apparently he didn't even want to do this event, according to what he said to journalists yesterday. So he isn't that dumb. If I were him, I'd fire whatever idiot thought it was a good idea to do it - and smack the idiot who wrote that speech for him.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #189
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,908

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nothing he said last night was new. He made a calculated error by asking for air time to push a partisan gripe and repeat what everyone already heard him say repeatedly.

    But to his credit, apparently he didn't even want to do this event, according to what he said to journalists yesterday. So he isn't that dumb. If I were him, I'd fire whatever idiot thought it was a good idea to do it - and smack the idiot who wrote that speech for him.
    My money would be on Stephen Miller... the foremost angry child of the administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  10. #190
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,708

    Re: Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    My money would be on Stephen Miller.
    Yes, I suspect that as well. It sounded like a Miller speech.

    "Everyone is trying to cross the border so they can kill or rape you".

    This administration is a disgrace.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •