Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 458

Thread: [W:108:129]Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

  1. #291
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,042

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    WRONG.

    It is not end of story... the baker is open to the public to make custom cakes. The gay guys wanted a celebration cake... not a guy mounting a guy cake.
    There isn't any point in you repeating the same few words of denial, especially when all you can think of is non-sequitur doggerel over what the transsexual didn't want - apparently you missed the point he "wanted a celebration of masking surgery", a symbolic approval of what the baker considers to be a sin.

    So, until such time as you can actually refute my, and others, debunking of your mindless sloganeering I shall repeat what you should have already comprehended:

    He advertised that he makes custom cakes - he didn't promise that he makes any or all conceivable custom cakes to anyone who might request it. Custom work has always been by mutual agreement between a creator and a client, many of which pan out and some of which don't. For example, in my ad that I make custom furniture there is no inherent promise that I will or can make a custom article of furniture to your satisfaction until we discuss what you want - everyone knows that is to be expected. THAT is the nature of works of creation and personal contracts.

    I see no reason to doubt his claim that he declined to make a cake specifically because it celebrated an event that he considers immoral; not because of who the client wished to have sex with. You think that it is "mean" to decline whatever customer wants - so be it.

    I don't, I consider it somebody unwilling to support another person's self-interested activity. The transsexual lawyer has the liberty right to decline custom service to a Christian baker, just as the baker has a right to decline providing a custom cake to the lawyer.



    End of story.

    He is wrong.

    He is discriminating.
    So you have said, repeating the phrases like a parrot. But Polly is not going to get a cracker, at least not until you prove that he is wrong and prove he is illegally discrimination per Colorado law and the US Constitution.

    That is your job, and if this subject is not over your head, you best get to it.
    Last edited by maxparrish; 12-25-18 at 05:58 AM.

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,669

    Re: [W:108:129]Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transitio

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Autumn Scardina just so happens to be a lawyer, as well as transgender. Her online attorney profile reads, "After a decade of successfully representing large corporations and governmental entities as a trial attorney, she opened Scardina Family Law".

    When will these scam artists leave the poor baker alone? Just let him run his bakery. Every quack looking for a quick buck is going to hunt out his cake shop now to order a cake celebrating their mental illness, in order to sue him. Just stop already.
    Bigotry has no place in the Marketplace. I support all efforts to help stamp it out
    For the best Trump impression visit: Non Political discussions>Off topic discussion>on the lighter side

  3. #293
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,845

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    There isn't any point in you repeating the same few words of denial, especially when all you can think of is non-sequitur doggerel over what the transsexual didn't want - apparently you missed the point he "wanted a celebration of masking surgery", a symbolic approval of what the baker considers to be a sin.

    So, until such time as you can actually refute my, and others, debunking of your mindless sloganeering I shall repeat what you should have already comprehended:

    He advertised that he makes custom cakes - he didn't promise that he makes any or all conceivable custom cakes to anyone who might request it. Custom work has always been by mutual agreement between a creator and a client, many of which pan out and some of which don't. For example, in my ad that I make custom furniture there is no inherent promise that I will or can make a custom article of furniture to your satisfaction until we discuss what you want - everyone knows that is to be expected. THAT is the nature of works of creation and personal contracts.

    I see no reason to doubt his claim that he declined to make a cake specifically because it celebrated an event that he considers immoral; not because of who the client wished to have sex with. You think that it is "mean" to decline whatever customer wants - so be it.

    I don't, I consider it somebody unwilling to support another person's self-interested activity. The transsexual lawyer has the liberty right to decline custom service to a Christian baker, just as the baker has a right to decline providing a custom cake to the lawyer.





    So you have said, repeating the phrases like a parrot. But Polly is not going to get a cracker, at least not until you prove that he is wrong and prove he is illegally discrimination per Colorado law and the US Constitution.

    That is your job, and if this subject is not over your head, you best get to it.

    I can't figure out how to cut and paste on this Mac I am borrowing but they lost the last case for the same reason that htey will lose this one....



    The baker makes custom cakes for special occasions. He discriminated because of the occasion.

  4. #294
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,042

    Re: [W:108:129]Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transitio

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarLevant View Post
    Bigotry has no place in the Marketplace. I support all efforts to help stamp it out
    You mean the liberty rights of shopkeepers to run their own business have no place in the marketplace, because you think you have a right to repress them if they don't buy and sell to your liking. At least be candid.

  5. #295
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,749
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I can't figure out how to cut and paste on this Mac I am borrowing but they lost the last case for the same reason that htey will lose this one....
    The baker won the case in a SC decision.



    The baker makes custom cakes for special occasions. He discriminated because of the occasion.
    No he didn't. The Supreme Court ruled that Colorado didn't respect the baker's religious convictions.

    I was right about you. You do take this personal. Religion and anyone who embraces religion seems to offend you to the point where your misinterpret the law and forget that the constitution guarantees religious freedom.

    Your ideological beliefs are leading you astray and that's a pity.

  6. #296
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,845

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    The baker won the case in a SC decision.





    No he didn't. The Supreme Court ruled that Colorado didn't respect the baker's religious convictions.

    I was right about you. You do take this personal. Religion and anyone who embraces religion seems to offend you to the point where your misinterpret the law and forget that the constitution guarantees religious freedom.

    Your ideological beliefs are leading you astray and that's a pity.
    Your religious beliefs and personal take on this are blinding you to the fact that the baker is hiding his homophobic hatred of homosexuals behind the argument of religion... and you support this because your religion obviously is based around hatred as well and that really is a shame and a blight on humanity... and it is sad.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,845

    Re: [W:108:129]Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transitio

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    You mean the liberty rights of shopkeepers to run their own business have no place in the marketplace, because you think you have a right to repress them if they don't buy and sell to your liking. At least be candid.
    Public Accomodation Laws...

  8. #298
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,749
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Your religious beliefs and personal take on this are blinding you to the fact that the baker is hiding his homophobic hatred of homosexuals behind the argument of religion... and you support this because your religion obviously is based around hatred as well and that really is a shame and a blight on humanity... and it is sad.
    Your argument has absolutely no merit, because I am not a Christian, nor am I a religious person at all.

    I do something you're obviously incapable of... I put my personal beliefs and feelings aside, and judge the situation based on the law and the constitution.

  9. #299
    Dungeon Master
    Recalcitrant
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    01-18-19 @ 12:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    48,921

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    One side is morally superior. Those who would not refuse service based on customer. You agreed.

    That side must be distinct from those who would discriminate based on customer. In this case, those are - exclusively - on the right.



    What in that is false?
    You mean like the owner of the restaurant that kicked Sarah Sanders out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Letís just call only racists ó racists ó trump = desantis = Every Repub running for office

  10. #300
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,845

    Re: Colorado baker back in court after refusing to make cake celebrating gender transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Your argument has absolutely no merit, because I am not a Christian, nor am I a religious person at all.
    This is obviously not true... you are clearly religious and afraid that if this Baker is held accountable for discriminating against innocent homosexuals then you will also be held accountable for your hatred and ultimately steeped in fear about not being able to hide behind your Christianity Blanket of Hatred.

    I do something you're obviously incapable of... I put my personal beliefs and feelings aside, and judge the situation based on the law and the constitution
    When you start showing that you can be impartial I will start to believe you...

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •