Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

  1. #1
    Gasbag
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,835

    White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    WaPo

    White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday night shared a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta that appeared to have been altered to make his actions at a news conference look more aggressive toward a White House intern.

    The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, “Pardon me, ma’am,” is not included in the video Sanders shared.

    Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points. That edited video was first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.
    The White House is out of control and will stoop to any low. This is bad for America to have fake news coming straight from the president and his cronies.
    We often talk about moral values, justice and trust, but the important thing is to put them into effect in our everyday lives. – Dalai Lama

  2. #2
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    44,462

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    WaPo



    The White House is out of control and will stoop to any low. This is bad for America to have fake news coming straight from the president and his cronies.
    I heard about this. They are desperate on the right for the sympathy spotlight it seems after Tuesday's bloodletting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,706

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I heard about this. They are desperate on the right for the sympathy spotlight it seems after Tuesday's bloodletting.

    BLOODLetting?
    Democrats win the Senate?
    No? Awww that's too bad.

  4. #4
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,508

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    BLOODLetting?
    Democrats win the Senate?
    No? Awww that's too bad.
    They didn't really have to.

    Schiff and Waters will have subpoena power.

    You have every right to be frightened.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  5. #5
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,437

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    WaPo



    The White House is out of control and will stoop to any low. This is bad for America to have fake news coming straight from the president and his cronies.
    This president is deplorable. Not even George W. Bush went this low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I probably know more than everyone in this forum debating the topic.
    "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born." --Leviticus 19:34

  6. #6
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    44,462

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    BLOODLetting?
    Democrats win the Senate?
    No? Awww that's too bad.
    The electoral map handed the GOP a supermajority if they didn't go all trumptard. But ya'll did and now you are losing elections over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,062

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    This president is deplorable. Not even George W. Bush went this low.
    No, in the moment, many on your side were just as apoplectic with Bush as you are now with Trump. When the next republican president happens, your side will be just as apoplectic about him/her and recalling the supposed" good old days of Trump.

    Same thing happens on the republican side. Many longed for the days of Clinton when Obama was president. It's just the perspective of time.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,437

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    No, in the moment, many on your side were just as apoplectic with Bush as you are now with Trump. When the next republican president happens, your side will be just as apoplectic about him/her and recalling the supposed" good old days of Trump.

    Same thing happens on the republican side. Many longed for the days of Clinton when Obama was president. It's just the perspective of time.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The President of the United States has no business acting like a crybaby on the public stage. Or did you forget that from your high school civics class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I probably know more than everyone in this forum debating the topic.
    "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born." --Leviticus 19:34

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57,109

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    No, in the moment, many on your side were just as apoplectic with Bush as you are now with Trump. When the next republican president happens, your side will be just as apoplectic about him/her and recalling the supposed" good old days of Trump.

    Same thing happens on the republican side. Many longed for the days of Clinton when Obama was president. It's just the perspective of time.
    Which part of "used doctored video to justify action" is something you'd like to defend?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Voting isn't a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by The US Constitution
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote...

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,062

    Re: White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The President of the United States has no business acting like a crybaby on the public stage. Or did you forget that from your high school civics class?
    They can act however they want. Obama was an ass, etc. Clinton was assaulting women and using his position/power for interns then covering that up by lying about it under oath.. I don't recall that being approved by my HS civics class either.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •