Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 346

Thread: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

  1. #271
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Never said that. Just that they are no more the Utopia of medical care than we are.

    It's facing a huge unfunded liability and expenses are larger than income.


    Don't know, don't care. Feel free to move to either if you wish.

    Fine, enjoy life in your fools' paradise.

    Make it illegal to get sick.
    Finally, something we can all agree on...

  2. #272
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know how great Medicare is when you join me. You buy what you are told but have no foundation upon which to make your determination. I am on Medicare and know what i am dealing with. You will find out some day and those who didn't prepare are going to be in for a shock at just how poor the govt. run system is
    I am on Medicare, and have a chronic disease. Works fine. I have a supplemental insurance that is tax deductible. Government is wonderful when it works.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,498

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    I am on Medicare, and have a chronic disease. Works fine. I have a supplemental insurance that is tax deductible. Government is wonderful when it works.
    You're missing the point, we do not need a Ford trillion-dollar federal government to handle the needs of those truly dependent on the federal government and that is the issue. States and local communities are better able to handle social problems in a federal bureaucrat in Washington DC

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  4. #274
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You're missing the point, we do not need a Ford trillion-dollar federal government to handle the needs of those truly dependent on the federal government and that is the issue. States and local communities are better able to handle social problems in a federal bureaucrat in Washington DC

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Don't understand. Do you really think that states, much less local communities are ready to take on Medicare, Social Security, and the military which I repeat, have worked well so far, and make up the bulk of federal spending. Or am I missing your point?

  5. #275
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,058

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    States and local communities are better able to handle social problems in a federal bureaucrat in Washington DC
    You clearly haven't spent much time with bureaucrats at any level.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    A message to both the Left and the Right. Ari Ne'eman-"People with disabilities deserve better than to be used as props in the country’s ongoing — and so far stalemated — arguments over gun control." https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-obama-liberty

  6. #276
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,498

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    Don't understand. Do you really think that states, much less local communities are ready to take on Medicare, Social Security, and the military which I repeat, have worked well so far, and make up the bulk of federal spending. Or am I missing your point?
    Military? Have you read the Constitution? As for social programs, yes, but the left has you so indoctrinated to retain power you may never get it. What part of term limits and social responsibility of the states and local communities don't you understand. The true role of the Federal govt. is to PROVIDE for the common defense and that is it

  7. #277
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,498

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You clearly haven't spent much time with bureaucrats at any level.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    That is because you don't understand how bureaucrats work nor do you understand term limits which the states have and the federal govt. doesn't. You don't like your state govt. work to change it but stop looking to the federal bureaucrats to bail you out and implement programs you want. How does a bureaucrat in D.C. solve a social problem in your local community? Answer, they don't but they make you feel better about spending in the name of compassion

  8. #278
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,551

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Continue to notice how you promote universal healthcare in a state that already has universal healthcare so the question is why?
    Because I favor a functioning health care system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Wasn't the point. But forcing people to buy overprices plans containing services and treatments most will never use or just don't need and then paying insurance companies extra if they don't make a profit sure isn't the most efficient either.
    How can a plan be overpriced if it its price doesn't cover its costs? If "Insurance company took it in the shorts from ACA" then their plans were underpriced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    LOL. Blue states will eventually figure out that if you want a choice on healthcare, you move to a red state or vote Republican to change your state.
    Nobody moves to red states for the health care.

  9. #279
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,058

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is because you don't understand how bureaucrats work nor do you understand term limits which the states have and the federal govt. doesn't. You don't like your state govt. work to change it but stop looking to the federal bureaucrats to bail you out and implement programs you want. How does a bureaucrat in D.C. solve a social problem in your local community? Answer, they don't but they make you feel better about spending in the name of compassion
    I'm sure I have a better idea than you do (if course that's not hard to pull off--almost anyone who posts here can claim that feat). I know a number of bureaucrats at all levels of government (including federal).

    When it comes to the healthcare infrastructure (to a lesser, but still massive extent, the education system), the greatest impediment to results, accountability, and data transparency is the fetishization of believing that the states are competent enough to run things on their own.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    A message to both the Left and the Right. Ari Ne'eman-"People with disabilities deserve better than to be used as props in the country’s ongoing — and so far stalemated — arguments over gun control." https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-obama-liberty

  10. #280
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,551

    Re: Liberal states impose new individual mandate ahead of ObamaCare rollback

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    When it comes to the healthcare infrastructure (to a lesser, but still massive extent, the education system), the greatest impediment to results, accountability, and data transparency is the fetishization of believing that the states are competent enough to run things on their own.
    You're wasting time arguing this point with him, he doesn't really believe that. I've asked him if he would accept being transferred from Medicare to Texas Medicaid and his answer is a resounding no, he much prefers the federal health insurance program to his state's health insurance program

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •