Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 345

Thread: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

  1. #241
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,126

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

    Attachment 67223848
    a "Whatabout" fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #242
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,126

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Advocacy of women's rights while buddying up with a sexual predator.
    So you don't have any quotes. Gotcha.

    Also, they'd have to know he was a predator in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #243
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,236

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    a "Whatabout" fail.
    Says the guy that literally did the same thing with TTRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Hollywood, along with the rest of the elites, are so outspoken about everything else. So why didn't any of these women, yes, the ones who think of themselves as the champions of women and the oppressed, speak up right away instead of waiting until they gathered a herd of other victims to make the possible blow to their own careers less severe?
    Hypocrites.
    What you're doing is blaming the victims here, for not setting themselves up in a battle with incredibly powerful men, in a he said/she said accusation, and risking the near certain outcome of becoming victims AGAIN.

    In short the problem is women feel powerless, often ashamed, blame themselves even when they did nothing wrong, they doubt they'll be believed but know their career is likely ruined because the system protects powerful men and discards relatively powerless women. So to blame them for not risking EVERYTHING on the remote possibility they'll actually get justice is really very unfair. Unless you've been through it or know someone who has, I'm not sure it's possible to understand how difficult the decision is to go public with accusations when there is no way to really corroborate, and knowing the person you're accusing is HIGHLY valued by the entity, and you are NOT.

    Who do you think will win 99.9% of those battles? Some disposable employee/actress/model or the man responsible for making hundreds of people cumulatively $billions in this case? HW did win them for decades, and there is a reason he acted with impunity, and it's because he KNEW without any doubt he was nearly immune to bad consequences. It's how the world works. Don't blame women for that - blame the POS sexual predator and those in the company who protected him. They're the only ones at fault, not his VICTIMS.

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Wow, a list. No proof?
    This is a weird argument. There is as much "proof" of Weinstein's claims as there is for Trump's.

  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Please count yourself lucky that you've never had your career on the line based on whether or not you sleep with the boss?
    I guess when flipping burgers won't work, I don't sleep with the boss, I go elsewhere. My self respect isn't something for sale. And before you go down that road, yes, I had to make that choice and quit.
    And did you file a lawsuit and make the accusations public?

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't work. There is no doubt in Weinstein's case.
    Really? I haven't seen anything but a bunch of uncorroborated accusations. Has he been charged with any crimes? Convicted in a court of law? How did you determine there is no doubt?

  8. #248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You also must then acknowledge that the "bevy of accusers" were completely false and an attempt to damage Trump in order to get Hillary elected.
    Sure, and it's possible all the HW accusers are bitter women who no longer work in movies and blame him for their failures. See how this works?

  9. #249
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,006

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    They should be IMO. In fact out of all the players here, the execs and employees and board members of these companies are the people who I see displaying moral cowardice and having an ethical black hole. HW is a deplorable POS, but it's almost worse IMO that those in his companies enabled his behavior, were in fact willing participants in it, and protected him for decades...
    It was funny, when the media caught him (on my local news today) getting into his vehicle, he said he was very sorry and asked for a 2nd chance....after 8 lawsuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #250
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,296

    Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    It is being said that Weinstein isn't even being charged at the moment, and that the first stories about it came out as early as 2004. What a shame. Not only should he answer for what he did, every woman not speaking up should be held responsible for what he did to others.
    Right, blame the victims. Always a good thing. I notice you didn't mention his company or those in it who protected him, or the many men who knew but said nothing. Just the victimized women, going up against the most powerful man in Hollywood.

    In these stories is one of a woman who immediately went to the police, and what happened? Nothing, except her reputation was trashed through the media. So, right, it's the victim's fault.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •