Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1074

Thread: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation[W:978]

  1. #981
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    When there is fake news coming from the dishonest liberal media I expect trump minions to yap about it loud and often

    They are there to protect the American people and exposing liars in the lib news media is part of their job
    Please give me one example of fake news. Are you reading the news? Today's leak was already confirmed by Sean Spicer. Without examples, I have no idea what you're talking about other than repeating a stupid meme.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Comey proved himself incompetent when he chose politics over the law.
    it made perfects sense as he has screwed up multiple investigations and was unreliable.

    it was the DOJ that made a recommendation to fire him in the first place.

    No trump didn't obstruct justice. there is no evidence that he did.
    I apologize for the caps lock in advance but YOU AREN'T FOLLOWING THE NEWS. The DOJ did NOT make a recommendation to fire Comey "in the first place," Trump himself said before today's news and again in today's news that Comey was fired because he was a "nut job" whose firing would take pressure of him for the Russia investigation taking place. You're going to defend that? And on the subject of "making up things (I) said," I said I don't know if Trump obstructed justice but it sure looks like he tried.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 05-19-17 at 04:55 PM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #982
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,326

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    why are you making stuff up I never said?



    Comey proved himself incompetent when he chose politics over the law.
    it made perfects sense as he has screwed up multiple investigations and was unreliable.

    it was the DOJ that made a recommendation to fire him in the first place.

    No trump didn't obstruct justice. there is no evidence that he did.
    That was the initial story alright but it was a lie. Trump himself later said he initiated that memo from the DOJ not the other way around. Not to mention that asking Comey to drop the investigation is where the obstruction charge comes from.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  3. #983
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    65,567

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Is'nt that the truth. This is really about Putin possibly succeeding in planting a mole at the top of our intelligence network. If we do not get to the bottom of how and why this occurred Putin will keep on doing it to us and other democracies. That is what is at stake here and I hear crickets from the GOP Congress. Are the all traitors?
    The very top is the last place you would want to implant a mole. When you infiltrate an intelligence apparatus you want someone who doesn't draw attention and someone who isn't, by law, a temporary employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    trump supporters just keep proving what pieces of **** they really are. Thank you for proving me correct. The only thing worse than a trump supporter would be a piece of **** who tries to claim their black and not.

  4. #984
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    65,567

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That was the initial story alright but it was a lie. Trump himself later said he initiated that memo from the DOJ not the other way around. Not to mention that asking Comey to drop the investigation is where the obstruction charge comes from.
    Does the memo also include Comey's response: "Mr. President, that sounds inappropriate and I'm not even entertaining the idea"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    trump supporters just keep proving what pieces of **** they really are. Thank you for proving me correct. The only thing worse than a trump supporter would be a piece of **** who tries to claim their black and not.

  5. #985
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That was the initial story alright but it was a lie. Trump himself later said he initiated that memo from the DOJ not the other way around. Not to mention that asking Comey to drop the investigation is where the obstruction charge comes from.
    Actually,

    Rosenstein on Comey memo: 'I wrote it. I believe it. I stand by it.' | Fox News

    Justice Department officials however who were in the room told Fox News that Rosenstein was not directly affirmative on that point, but rather, conveyed to the Senators in the briefing that he got the sense that President Trump was strongly leaning towards firing Comey before Rosenstein wrote his memo.

    Officials stressed to Fox News that Rosenstein was not told outright that Trump was going to terminate Comey, and therefore wrote a memo to lay out the reasoning.

    Trump was looking to fire him on January 20th, but needed a better reason.

    Actually there are no obstruction charges. so you are wrong on that.
    there is allegations without evidence and there is an investigation but then
    we have McCabe who has stated there has been no obstruction of anything.

    you seem to be all over the place and misrepresenting what has gone on, what is going on,
    and what is being said.

  6. #986
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I apologize for the caps lock in advance but YOU AREN'T FOLLOWING THE NEWS. The DOJ did NOT make a recommendation to fire Comey "in the first place," Trump himself said before today's news and again in today's news that Comey was fired because he was a "nut job" whose firing would take pressure of him for the Russia investigation taking place. You're going to defend that? And on the subject of "making up things (I) said," I said I don't know if Trump obstructed justice but it sure looks like he tried.
    I am following the news. Actually they did make the recommendation.
    Rosenstein penned it a day after meeting with trump over a discussion.

    Actually he said that in a private meeting. He was fired for the reasons given. Comey proved himself inept period.

    actually that isn't what he said and now you are not quoting him properly.

    By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia's actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia," Spicer said.
    "The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations."

    the pressure had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. you are making inferences to which there is no evidence.

    McCabe says that no one tried.

  7. #987
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Yow. You are really, really, really lost.

    Delete your account.
    You breathlessly post a comey memo from 2012 as proof that he writes memo's and then call me lost?

    Go find a mirror and if yiou can see yourself in it you will find what truly clueless looks like

  8. #988
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I can safely say that plenty of B.S. is "classified" and plenty of "anonymous sources" have been revealed to be not credible at all.
    Which anonymous source leak in the last 2 months has not later been confirmed by the White House in some way or another?

    Also, Spicer already addressed this and did not deny it in any way.

  9. #989
    Guru
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,130

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Apparently, this is a memo written by Comey, being brought to news sources by someone other than Comey. Allegedly, the memo was written almost immediately after the meeting with President Trump.

    If this is true, then the President could be in real trouble. You ask the director of the FBI to close an investigation into an advisor for your campaign about actions during the campaign and then after the director refused to close the investigation, you fire him.

    If this is true, then the President could be in very hot water.
    So we don't need any actual proof that someone did anything wrong. Is asking to stop a witch hunt illegal now. I would like to se some actual evidence that Trump or his staff actually did something wrong. I guess we are back to convicting people without any evidence. SAD.
    “When choosing the lesser of two evils, always remember, it is still an evil.”

  10. #990
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the pressure had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. you are making inferences to which there is no evidence.

    McCabe says that no one tried.
    So Sean Spicer is a liar? Because he said that the "Russia investigation" was the reason Comey was fired. Trump has also said it in between the times he didn't say it. You're doing a pretty elaborate dance to evade the facts on this one.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •