Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 743

Thread: Flag burners get attacked by bikers[W:634]

  1. #241
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    My my, Amadeus, are we cross? Does this mean we're not friends anymore? If I didn't think we were friends anymore, I don't think I could bear it.
    We're still friends. I need you to remind me of the braying hypocrisy of warmongering Christian conservatives. The pic you posted of a police officer pepper-spraying peaceful protesters in the face is classic Goshin.

  2. #242
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,340

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Jesus was the ultimate hippie, and he would disapprove of you. Find another religion that suits your personality.
    What makes you think Jesus was a hippie?

  3. #243
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,376

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    We're still friends. I need you to remind me of the braying hypocrisy of warmongering Christian conservatives. The pic you posted of a police officer pepper-spraying peaceful protesters in the face is classic Goshin.


    Have a lovely evening, sweetie.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #244
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    I expect this kind of garbage from the imbeciles, but it surprises me coming from Goshin.

    You are cheerleading violence against people practicing free speech.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #245
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    03-29-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,018
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, what is your position then, spit it out.
    My position is neither of the above. I just think it is amusing when idiots collide. I am totally for 1st Amendment rights so I sympathize with the flag burners. I spent 28 years serving that flag so that kinda pisses me off. It's a wash. Stupid bikers kick ass on stupid flag burners. I guess I am supposed to get all wrapped around the axle about which idiots I side with. That requires energy that I am not willing to waste on either side of this issue. It reminds me of watching a South Park episode. I draw immense pleasure from watching stupidity regardless where it comes from. I guess my position is kind of bent over at this point. I feel this pounding sensation in my backside every time I read the news. I have to draw some amusement from somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  6. #246
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,340

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I expect this kind of garbage from the imbeciles, but it surprises me coming from Goshin.

    You are cheerleading violence against people practicing free speech.
    You're one of those way too serious people that just drags the energy out of the room, aren't you?

  7. #247
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    My position is neither of the above. I just think it is amusing when idiots collide. I am totally for 1st Amendment rights so I sympathize with the flag burners. I spent 28 years serving that flag so that kinda pisses me off. It's a wash. Stupid bikers kick ass on stupid flag burners. I guess I am supposed to get all wrapped around the axle about which idiots I side with. That requires energy that I am not willing to waste on either side of this issue. It reminds me of watching a South Park episode. I draw immense pleasure from watching stupidity regardless where it comes from. I guess my position is kind of bent over at this point. I feel this pounding sensation in my backside every time I read the news. I have to draw some amusement from somewhere.
    If you give a rat's ass about the law or the Bill of Rights, you'd side with the flag burners. There is literally no rational argument that the bikers were in the right here.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    15,687

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Dude, I've already pointed out the problem with your reasoning here. It relies upon concepts which are entirely subjective.

    Not everyone has the same view of "human rights," "civil liberties," or "personhood" that you do, and there's really nothing (as far as Political Science is concerned) to objectively say that your definition is correct where the C.S.A.'s was not. Again, the C.S.A. actually had the same definition of these concepts that the early United States did, and the United States continued to have those definitions right up until the end of the Civil War.

    Unless you want to argue that the United States was not a founded as a "Liberal Democracy," and then magically flipped a switch and became one in 1865 (patently ridiculous on the face of things), you have no argument here.

    The basic fact of the matter is the C.S.A. was founded on the same principles as our own Constitution, as a Representative Republic. That makes it a "Liberal Democracy."
    Alright.

    I think I see what you're getting at, here.

    Firstly, no definition of Liberal Democracy in today's context would ever allow for the enslavement of it's citizens. It's just not going to happen.

    Now, if we'd like to say 'in the context of the times' or some-such, that Liberal Democracies had slavery, fair enough - though I have issues with that, and at best might call them 'flawed'.

    But we've got to remember, we're no longer in 1861.

    You're graph is comparing an archaic era (Civil War era), with a modern one (WWII era), and then presented to us in today's context.

    Which era's definition is correct?
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #249
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You're one of those way too serious people that just drags the energy out of the room, aren't you?
    Actually, I'm notoriously sarcastic and unserious in my day to day life. I guess turning it into a personal attack means you have no argument.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #250
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    03-29-17 @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,018
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Marla View Post
    Suburban hipsters + sociopathic bikers + flag burning = yeah, that will go over well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •