Blog Comments

  1. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangmo
    U.S. General Pershing on the other hand always had clarity of methods, means, purpose, goals, objectives.
    Pershing didn't actually grasp the reality of WWI very well. His obsession with the breakthrough was fundamentally flawed in the face of four years of war which all showed that the best way to defeat the enemy in a WWI type scenario was to overwhelm the entire front at once, not try for induvial breakthroughs that would inevitably be controlled by stopped by oncoming enemy reserves.

    Pershing had the good fortune to be fighting a Germany Army that had already been devastated and no longer had the ability to plug the holes as the developed in the front. Had Pershing tried his actions at an earlier time his reputation would've been a lot worse.
  2. Tangmo's Avatar
    Once the Russians were out of the war it was the American imperative to enter it. The American elites, that is. The myopic Ludendorff did much to impel the USA into the war. The impending arrival of multiple dozens of American divisions forced Ludendorff into his incoherent offensive that was inherently flawed.

    The elites of Europe fumbled their way through a war they stumbled into and that left the continent destined for another war that would be all the more devastating. Ludendorff may well embody the grand incompetence and the short sighted conceptualizations of the European elites of the time. Their only approach to policy, strategy, geopolitics was fragmented; incomplete, shallow, contradictory. Ludendorff's politics were worse than his miserable military planning to include tactics, strategy, operations.

    U.S. General Pershing on the other hand always had clarity of methods, means, purpose, goals, objectives.


    The First Nazi: Erich Ludendorff, The Man Who Made Hitler Possible

    By Alex Rovt, William Brownell and Denise Drace-Brownell

    One of the most important military individuals of the last century, yet one of the least known, Ludendorff not only dictated all aspects of World War I, he refused all opportunities to make peace; he antagonized the Americans until they declared war; he sent Lenin into Russia to forge a revolution in order to shut down the Russian front; and in 1918 he pushed for total military victory, in a slaughter known as The Ludendorff Offensive.

    Ludendorff created the legend that Germany had lost the war only because Jews had conspired on the home front. He forged an alliance with Hitler, endorsed the Nazis, and wrote maniacally about how Germans needed a new world war, to redeem the Fatherland. He aimed to build a gigantic state to dwarf even the British Empire. Simply stated, he wanted the world.


    The First Nazi by Alex Rovt, William Brownell, and Denise Drace-Brownell - Read Online


    Post WW II the grand Gen. MacArthur brought the Korean Conflict into a high profile focus when he wanted to engage China. MacArthur's objective and purpose was to win, to fight China and to both defeat 'em and to crush 'em. The civilian leadership settled the matter against him, with prejudice: Potus fired him.

    In Vietnam there was no general of any such stature to give a high profile focus to winning or quitting. The generals wanted to invade and bomb the North for the win while the civilian leadership from each major political party said no, never. Vietnam as with North Korea shares its northern border with China, which was Mao's motivation for entering the Korean Conflict as MacArthur approached the Yalu River border with China. So the US war in VN was a wash at best. One reason is that many generals who should have resigned in protest did not.

    While the Vietnam War US generals didn't do any better than Ludendorff and the German generals of WW I, MacArthur was a successful commander. MacArthur was a brigadier in WW I (Truman who as Potus fired him was a captain of artillery), a master strategies in WW II and continued to prove his genius at Inchon in Korea. Pershing's clarity was highly successful in WW I; Truman served well under Pershing. The American generals of VN are forever among the worst generals of any war in history. All the same however, none of the American generals turned out politically to be the fascist racist barbarian Ludendorff was.
  3. DDD's Avatar
    Well I disagree.

    I am here to testify and tell everyone that as a matter of fact Exofarm is not a crime fighter but a criminal himself! We were in fact involved in a crime spree in Pasch's circus just recently.
  4. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    DebatePolitics is now my favorite website ever.
    I aim to please.
  5. ecofarm's Avatar
    DebatePolitics is now my favorite website ever.
  6. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    Write about me.
    K, posted.
  7. X Factor's Avatar
    Insightful and thoughtfully written.
  8. ecofarm's Avatar
    Write about me.
  9. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    What kind of blog is just making fun of bloggers? You better get serious.
    What should I write?
  10. ecofarm's Avatar
    What kind of blog is just making fun of bloggers? You better get serious.
  11. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    Slow down, you're blogging at a furious pace.
    I need more I need more I need more Ineedmoreineedmoreineedmoreineedmore
  12. ecofarm's Avatar
    Slow down, you're blogging at a furious pace.
  13. Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    You are now a blogger.

    I feel so acheived. I must inform my mother.
  14. ecofarm's Avatar
    You are now a blogger.