Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 370

Thread: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

  1. #1
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,608

    Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.

    We've all watched Biden stumble with words during debates and extemporaneous speeches. So as people committed to examining facts and evidence, it is important to gather what we know about this particular attack and not simply dismiss it because of the sources from which it is emanating.

    The first thing that is important to do is to define the terms. Here is how the Mayo Clinic defines cognitive impairment.
    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,682

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Biden's biggest problem is that he is outclassed. He's a high school player in the NFL.

    Yes, I said Trump has more class. That was intentional.

  3. #3
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,608

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
    Biden's biggest problem is that he is outclassed. He's a high school player in the NFL.

    Yes, I said Trump has more class. That was intentional.
    You obviously just want to hijack the thread in the worst way possible. It is only about one topic. If you have nothing to say about the article, you have no reason to post here.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  4. #4
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,464

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.



    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    Biden's "problems" go well beyond his word choices. He has stated that China is not a threat, he was arrested (and charged with ???) in South Africa and that he talked to the Parkland school shooting victims while Vice President. None of those can be explained as being the result of a stutter or making an "alternate word choice". Biden is prone to making up all manner of "stories" to make himself appear to have been some historical figure of great importance (a civil rights pioneer?), while the truth is vastly different.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #5
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,958

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
    Biden's biggest problem is that he is outclassed. He's a high school player in the NFL.

    Yes, I said Trump has more class. That was intentional.
    trump is an ass with no class. You’ve never heard anyone accuse this ass of having class.
    #Dignity Of Work -- #Chemists Have Solutions -- #COVID Century

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    12,535

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Typical Leftist spin: Don't believe your own eyes!

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,358

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.



    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    I did the the article fast. That being said it seems to talk about mild problems that are related to age. Saying that I acknowledge I am not as "sharp" as I was 20 years ago.

    Is it reasonable to expect the same from a 77 year old Biden. So without comparing him to Trump,just talking to what you posited I disagree that he is "fine". In addition whatever lapses he has now can only be expected to worsen over the next 4 years.

    All that being said, it seems that democrats have a backup in waiting with Cuomo stepping up.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,598

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
    Biden's biggest problem is that he is outclassed. He's a high school player in the NFL.

    Yes, I said Trump has more class. That was intentional.
    .......low attention warning
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  9. #9
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,608

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Biden's "problems" go well beyond his word choices. He has stated that China is not a threat, he was arrested (and charged with ???) in South Africa and that he talked to the Parkland school shooting victims while Vice President. None of those can be explained as being the result of a stutter or making an "alternate word choice". Biden is prone to making up all manner of "stories" to make himself appear to have been some historical figure of great importance (a civil rights pioneer?), while the truth is vastly different.
    I hope you understood the article does not mean Joe Biden never forgets anything. Biden could have normal age-related memory decline; none of his fans will deny that. The article explains it is wrong to blame all of them on "cognitive decline" and that Biden actually remembers a lot more than people think he does. I believed the rumor about memory loss before watching the last three debates and reading fact checkers. Now I think people should listen to how Biden speaks, not just what he says, because he stuttered a lot during the debates.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  10. #10
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Last Seen
    04-20-20 @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    150

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.



    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    This seems to fit in that "obvious cognitive decline", but if you don't believe what your lying eyes witness, one could understand your reasons to doubt it's happening.

    What’s Up Joe? Biden Finishes Speech, Stares Ahead Until Wife Jill Comes to the Rescue

    What's Up Joe? Biden Finishes Speech, Stares Ahead Until Wife Jill Comes to the Rescue

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •