Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 358

Thread: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

  1. #161
    Educator jaypatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    681

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Trump has befen failing since he was elected.

    Being "duly elected" has nothing to do with anything now.
    Easy for you to say he's failing now that the country is in a crisis.
    So now you have another reason with which to hate him.
    He let the virus into the country and didn't stop it soon enough.
    Your job of taking pot shots at Trump just got a whole lot easier.

  2. #162
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62,581

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.


    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    Here is the definition given:

    ... Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) is the stage between the expected cognitive decline of normal aging and the more serious decline of dementia. It can involve problems with memory, language, thinking and judgment that are greater than normal age-related changes.

    If you have mild cognitive impairment, you may be aware that your memory or mental function has “slipped.” Your family and close friends also may notice a change. But these changes aren’t severe enough to significantly interfere with your daily life and usual activities.

    Mild cognitive impairment may increase your risk of later developing dementia caused by Alzheimer’s disease or other neurological conditions. But some people with mild cognitive impairment never get worse, and a few eventually get better....

    That, uh, sounds more than a little bit like ole Joe. It's not "just a stutter". Forgetting things like "is this woman my wife or my sister" is not a stutter - forgetting that you are on camera and wandering off-stage is not a stutter.
    I feel sorry for people like you so principled
    No, Really. Winter is Coming.

  3. #163
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,966

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by jaypatriot View Post
    Easy for you to say he's failing now that the country is in a crisis.
    So now you have another reason with which to hate him.
    He let the virus into the country and didn't stop it soon enough.
    Your job of taking pot shots at Trump just got a whole lot easier.
    Do you still not understand what I am getting at here?

    If you like Trump, chances are you don't want to think about all of the bad stuff he did.

    Do you like Trump as a person or just the end results of promises he manages to keep?
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  4. #164
    Guilty of thoughtcrime
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,737

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    We all know the news media does not care enough about accuracy to include the full context and reasons for what happened in their reporting. One example is Joe Biden repeatedly being rumored to have an "obvious cognitive decline" based on nothing but gaffes in his speeches on the campaign trail. While this suspicion is totally understandable, it is only an assumption people who never knew him make, so the claims are unjustified. An article in Washington Monthly explains why.



    The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden | Washington Monthly
    One gaffe is not noteworthy. Several gaffes would be something to talk about. Biden makes routine gaffes every time he speaks, and evidence suggests that his wife leads him around by the arm. This is clearly not the Joe Biden of 2008, he very definitely is in the midst of a deep mental decline.
    Globalism 2020- 'Don't touch your face'

  5. #165
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,966

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    One gaffe is not noteworthy.Several gaffes would be something to talk about. Biden makes routine gaffes every time he speaks, and evidence suggests that his wife leads him around by the arm. This is clearly not the Joe Biden of 2008, he very definitely is in the midst of a deep mental decline.
    Not even close to every time he speaks. How many presidential debates did you watch?
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  6. #166
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,659

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Stuttering is not just repeating sounds and syllables. Stutterers also can have speech "bocks" - moments htey want to say something but can't or know they are going to stutter and prevent it by not talking.

    I have no idea what video you are talking about. There is only a still picture on that page.
    I do many of the things I see Biden do when it comes to talking. I have a lot of trouble remembering the words I want to use or finding the correct words to use. I have called my husband words, names I don't mean to a lot. Just yesterday, I called him "dude" because it simply is part of how I talk about certain things, rather than referring to who I'm talking to. I've called my mother "dude" before too. I'm not even 40 yet. It is like my head is searching for the right things to actually say,, but can't find them by the time I'm speaking. I also tend to speak faster than I should, which makes my words blend together, slur, or skip. I sometimes think I've said something because I thought it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #167
    Sage

    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,881
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Old Joe may prove out to be a placeholder. He's accomplished what the back room powers that be wanted, thwarting Sanders. Touch and go for moments, but inevitable for the angry little man with no friends. Soon the convention, and Old Joe cannot beat Trump. As incumbent riding a wave of a dissipating pandemic, panic and economic revival, the convention will be brokered, with seemingly fresh meat, an orator who can beat Trump at his own game, casting BS upon the waters, Andy Cuomo, the knight errant on a white horse, with a hot new young squeeze to enchant the public, two lovely spoiler daughters to entertain them. Oh, the melodrama.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

  8. #168
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,659

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    And confusing his wife for his sister . . .?
    Is extremely common, as both would be classified within the same part, grouping in your brain.

    Why do parents call their kids by the wrong names? — Quartz

    And if he was expecting them to be in different places, it is not at all difficult to see him mixing them up, something he corrected right away, within seconds.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #169
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,659

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Here is the definition given:

    ... Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) is the stage between the expected cognitive decline of normal aging and the more serious decline of dementia. It can involve problems with memory, language, thinking and judgment that are greater than normal age-related changes.

    If you have mild cognitive impairment, you may be aware that your memory or mental function has “slipped.” Your family and close friends also may notice a change. But these changes aren’t severe enough to significantly interfere with your daily life and usual activities.

    Mild cognitive impairment may increase your risk of later developing dementia caused by Alzheimer’s disease or other neurological conditions. But some people with mild cognitive impairment never get worse, and a few eventually get better....

    That, uh, sounds more than a little bit like ole Joe. It's not "just a stutter". Forgetting things like "is this woman my wife or my sister" is not a stutter - forgetting that you are on camera and wandering off-stage is not a stutter.
    Making the mistake he made (and immediately corrected) is very common in all ages. Hell it is the same thing that leads to mothers calling their kids by the wrong name.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,439

    Re: Joe Biden's verbal gaffes might not be what you think

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Because it has nothing to do with Joe Biden.
    It has to do with the source of the story at your link.

    You know. Like you said yourself on this very thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    All I need to see is the first two words on the page: RedState. Every article on that website is intentionally pro-Republican or anti-Democrat. They omit text that provides the contaxt of a story just to make it favor their agendas.

    See if you can find an article from a liberal website that has exactly the same information. I would be happy to read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Fox is well-known for being the most conservative television network. Yes, I looked that up. And don't forget that until recently, Fox was the Trump family's favorte channel.

    Iti s not just Fox, of course. All of the right-leaning media has been doing it. Google "news media bias" and you will find charts showing how people view certain websites, channels, and periodicals on the liberal-conservative scale.

    Ironically, it was Fox that the Trumps learned about Joe Biden's stutter on.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •