Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Katy Tur gets destroyed

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    03-28-20 @ 02:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,285

    Katy Tur gets destroyed

    The MSNBC anchor who knew too little

    MSNBC actually hired an anchor who thinks the Senate can be gerrymandered?

  2. #2
    Professor
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Sage, that is not what she said.

    Cite.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

    Dr. Fauci suggests strongly that drinking alcohol helps to surviveTrump's briefings on the Coronavirus.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,043

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Those late-morning/mid-day hosts on MSNBC are just horrible. I also used to at least sort of respect Brian Williams but his 1,000 "You can pre-order John Bolton's Book at Amazon" asides during impeachment were just shameless

  4. #4
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,844

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The MSNBC anchor who knew too little

    MSNBC actually hired an anchor who thinks the Senate can be gerrymandered?

    I would bet that 10 people out of 1,000 wouldn't know that but you're only pointing that out because you're witch hunting any democrat within your eyesight.

    sorry, had to edit, there are very mixed opinions on how gerrymandering affects Senatorial elections.
    Last edited by HumblePi; 02-09-20 at 12:45 PM.







    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    There are virtually no Child molestations in the Catholic Church.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Mock someone with a handicap? Sure. Why are handicapped people different then anyone else?

  5. #5
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,409

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    The Washington Examiner is yet another far-right rag that Trumpers love to quote.


    The president is considering 100,000 US DEATHS as a metric of *success*

  6. #6
    No Malarkey!
    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,044

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The MSNBC anchor who knew too little

    MSNBC actually hired an anchor who thinks the Senate can be gerrymandered?
    Please present the quote where Tur claimed that the US Senate contains districts that can be gerrymandered.

    Or, you can just admit that this post is a lie.

    Your choice.
    "It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime." - Alan Dershowitz, 1998 re: Clinton.

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    90

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbyoung View Post
    Sage, that is not what she said.

    Cite.
    The precise quote: ""Is gerrymandering something that would help improve the situation? How does that sort of divide promote consensus in the Senate, or even in the House?"

    While I will admit that her question's due to the rather disjointed and unclear phrasing (evidence in and of itself of her vapidness) makes it unclear precisely what she was saying, but it clearly indicates at least a question in her mind as to whether gerrymandering would have AN effect on the Senate is pretty clear.

    I would put this up there as slightly less stupid than Don Lemon's serious questions as to whether the disappearance of a large aircraft could be due to it flying into a black hole.

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    90

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    The Washington Examiner is yet another far-right rag that Trumpers love to quote.
    Unless you are going to make the factually false claim that the video of her actual display of constitutional ignorance (at worst) or utter inability to make a clear statement (at best), it is not the Examiner we are quoting, it is Tur herself.

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    90

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by lurchadams View Post
    Please present the quote where Tur claimed that the US Senate contains districts that can be gerrymandered.

    Or, you can just admit that this post is a lie.

    Your choice.
    Don't be obtuse: ""Is gerrymandering something that would help improve the situation? How does that sort of divide promote consensus in the Senate, or even in the House?"

    No, that statement clearly presumes at least an openness to the notion that gerrymandering can have an impact on the Senate (it doesn't and can't), OR demonstrates her fundamental inability to make a particularly clear statement.

    How would YOU interpret that question in a manner that does not include the presumption that gerrymandering has some impact on the Senate?

  10. #10
    Educator The AntiDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    N. Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Katy Tur gets destroyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus1124 View Post
    Don't be obtuse: ""Is gerrymandering something that would help improve the situation? How does that sort of divide promote consensus in the Senate, or even in the House?"

    No, that statement clearly presumes at least an openness to the notion that gerrymandering can have an impact on the Senate (it doesn't and can't), OR demonstrates her fundamental inability to make a particularly clear statement.

    How would YOU interpret that question in a manner that does not include the presumption that gerrymandering has some impact on the Senate?
    Yeah, yeah. I am sure we could all find mistakes or stupid questions made by plenty of right wing reporters. This hole post's purpose is to badmouth a reporter who attempts to tell the truth.

    Waste of server bandwidth.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •