Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,495

    101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    I think Attkisson intends for this to be a running list: https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

  2. #2
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    95,854

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    No idea whom that is or why you're promoting her. No idea even what the topic is. And no, I didn't click because I can't.

    The title could mean any number of things. Which makes it a bit of a mystery, and thus I eagerly await any explanation.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    100,789
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think Attkisson intends for this to be a running list: https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/
    So the media error rate on reporting on Trump is below .01 %. That is pretty good!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #4
    Professor
    TomFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No idea whom that is or why you're promoting her. No idea even what the topic is. And no, I didn't click because I can't.

    The title could mean any number of things. Which makes it a bit of a mystery, and thus I eagerly await any explanation.
    Don’t bother.

    It’s bound to be misleading, false, or both.

    Atkinson is a right wing trash media darling and her screeds get circulated and cribbed all over the likes of American Stinker,the Hill, and the rest of Trump worship media.

  5. #5
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    95,854

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFitz View Post
    Don’t bother.

    It’s bound to be misleading, false, or both.

    Atkinson is a right wing trash media darling and her screeds get circulated and cribbed all over the likes of American Stinker,the Hill, and the rest of Trump worship media.
    Gee, a ****ed up source? So surprised.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,495

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Gee, a ****ed up source? So surprised.
    I'm surprised that if you really didn't know who Sharyl Attkisson is, you didn't Google.

  7. #7
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    95,854

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'm surprised that if you really didn't know who Sharyl Attkisson is, you didn't Google.
    You had no link. No information. No opinion. No statement. Basically just an ad for whomever that is.

    And I'm supposed to Google because you posted an ad? Isn't that doing your work. Look, if you wanna promote her and contribute nothing, fine. But don't expect me to fix your OP fail.

  8. #8
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,618

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think Attkisson intends for this to be a running list: https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/
    In three years she has documented 101 media mistakes.... out of the thousands of stories published since then. Seems to me she is well documenting that our media, by in large, is pretty damn good.

    Meanwhile, our president, who is suppose deal in truth, has told us lies, falsehoods and material misrepresentations over 13,433 times.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

    Let's see: 101/13,433 = .0075. That is a pathetic ratio of falsehoods, or the inverse Trump's falsehoods outpace that of the MSM by 133 to 1.

    Of course, that is just Trump falsehoods to media falsehoods. My guess, however, is that Trump statements are far, far fewer than the number of media stories across the MSM over the past 3 years. In otherwords, the numerator is much higher and the denominator much lower. So, Trump falsehoods to statements is likely well over a thousand times greater than the media error rate. Moreover, most of the time the media corrects itself (and in most of Sharyl's cites, she notes that) where Trump never, ever does. So, if your all about truth.... than you shouldn't be a Trump supporter AND if you don't care about truth, because you are a Trump supporter, you have ceded your right to worry about the splinter in the eyes of others because you have a skyscraper in yours.

    I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, but I don't think you made it.

    BTW. Sharyl Attkisson is an acclaimed journalist. But her list is actually rather pathetic. She wasted her time on this. Here is the link that was missing in the OP: https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/...finitive-list/
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-02-19 at 08:39 PM.

    Donald J. Trump, Franchisee
    Member of the Vladimir Putin Franchise System
    All dictatorships are locally owned and operated




  9. #9
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,123

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFitz View Post
    Don’t bother.

    It’s bound to be misleading, false, or both.

    Atkinson is a right wing trash media darling and her screeds get circulated and cribbed all over the likes of American Stinker,the Hill, and the rest of Trump worship media.
    The same could be said of everything you say and post, you know that right?

    At least Atkinson is putting up links, and giving information. Looks more like your just upset, that she's not falling in line like you want.

    Because otherwise, you'd have some actual way of countering the information she's providing.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  10. #10
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,123

    Re: 101 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List by Sharyl Attkisson

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    In three years she has documented 101 media mistakes.... out of the thousands of stories published since then. Seems to me she is well documenting that our media, by in large, is pretty damn good.

    Meanwhile, our president, who is suppose deal in truth, has told us lies, falsehoods and material misrepresentations over 13,433 times.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

    Let's see: 101/13,433 = .0075. That is a pathetic ratio of falsehoods, or the inverse Trump's falsehoods outpace that of the MSM by 133 to 1.

    Of course, that is just Trump falsehoods to media falsehoods. My guess, however, is that Trump statements are far, far fewer than the number of media stories across the MSM over the past 3 years. In otherwords, the numerator is much higher and the denominator much lower. So, Trump falsehoods to statements is likely well over a thousand times greater than the media error rate. Moreover, most of the time the media corrects itself (and in most of Sharyl's cites, she notes that) where Trump never, ever does. So, if your all about truth.... than you shouldn't be a Trump supporter AND if you don't care about truth, because you are a Trump supporter, you have ceded your right to worry about the splinter in the eyes of others because you have a skyscraper in yours.

    I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, but I don't think you made it.

    BTW. Sharyl Attkisson is an acclaimed journalist. But her list is actually rather pathetic. She wasted her time on this. Here is the link that was missing in the OP: https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/...finitive-list/
    It's more like she would've crashed the server for the site if she tried to make a complete list of all the medias falsehoods at this point. But this list is a decent little indication of what kind of crap we can expect, and have already been seeing from the media today.

    Hell, one such lie screwed up so horribly, that the writer had to be fired.
    Newsweek fires reporter after publishing mistakes in story about Trump'''s Thanksgiving plans: report | Fox News
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •