Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

  1. #51
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I'm serious. It's you who are claiming people aren't progressive.
    I said that CNN isn't a liberal news network, and I've pretty much proven that.

    I only said they think of themselves as such.
    PROVE IT.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  2. #52
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,423

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Absolutely not.

    Many think (and for good reason) that Clinton's involvement with the man and his activities is precisely the reason that ABC and other mainstream LIBERAL media outlets chose to pass on reporting the story for so long. In ABC's case, the prevailing belief is that ABC spiked the story because of the negative impact it would have had on Hillary's presidential run.

    If you have another theory as to why ABC News didn't air that interview, then I'm all ears. And please, don't bother with the "It didn't meet journalistic standards" bunk the network put out, because there are dozens of examples that blow that line of bull totally out of the water.
    Absolutely not? Your first post AND this one are playing politics with it. These are not the droids you're looking for.

    So why didn't they run the Epstein story AFTER Trump was elected? Is Hillary running again? Bill? They buried a story for several years after what "many people believe" was no longer relevant? Can you see why that makes no sense to me?

    Maybe Prince Harry had M15 tell the ABC executives they'd find poison in their brandy if they ran the story. There's precisely the same amount of evidence of that being true as the conspiracy theory that "many" believe. No, this is about capitalism. News organization can run a story that will save women's lives and take down powerful scumbags. Doing so will cost them access to interviews, support and commentary from a lot of important, famous, wealthy people. I'm sure they believed the ends justified the means. Capitalism and morality are like church and state. And the theory you espouse will require an explanation as to why they continued to sit on it.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #53
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,474

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I said that CNN isn't a liberal news network, and I've pretty much proven that.
    No, you haven't. You haven't even tried to prove it's not a "liberal" news network. You were trying to prove it's not a "progressive" news network. You even agreed with me on, or at least chose to not to argue, the point that "progressives" aren't "liberal." Do you wish to open that up?

    You attempted to prove they aren't "progressive" by supplying 1-2 tidbits about various people, which don't even show they're not "progressive" by any definition, because a) some of the things you pointed out aren't obviously "unprogressive," and b) 1-2 things about anyone don't show the gestalt of what they are.

    But of course point a) is why I asked you for your definition of "progressive," which you have pointedly and repeatedly refused to provide. Do you just not want to be pinned down to anything concrete so you can slip back and forth as needed?


    PROVE IT.
    Fine. I can't find definitive statements from them declaring themselves "progressive." I can find others calling them "progressive" (favorably).

    Again, it comes down to your definition of "progressive" that you don't seem to want to provide.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  4. #54
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,474

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So, apparently ABC got right to the bottom of all this -- not determining why the Epstein story was quashed, but determining which of its employees leaked the footage of Robach. They determined the employee now works for CBS news:

    Scoop: ABC News/Epstein

    Then, apparently, CBS fired him/her.

    Yashar Ali �� on Twitter: "5. Update: Two sources familiar with the matter tell me that CBS News has fired the staffer in question. This comes after ABC informed CBS that they had determined who accessed the footage of Amy Robach expressing her frustrations about the Epstein story.
    https://t.co/OHEoyahppY"


    Blow a whistle against a viscerally hated President, and you're a hero who must be protected at all costs. Blow a whistle against the media quashing a story about a pedophile who runs a rape island, and you're ****ed.

    THIS will REALLY inspire journalists to speak truth to power.
    ^^^^
    It gets worse. The person in question that CBS fired -- Ashley Bianco -- wasn't even the person who "leaked" the footage of Robach. She simply had access to the footage -- and CBS fired her.

    So, fathom that -- ABC mysteriously spikes what would be considered a major story in any sane world, finds someone who once had access to the footage which blows the whistle on it, tells (competitor!) CBS news about it, and and even though she's not the leaker, CBS fires her.

    Meanwhile, ABC's venerated 20/20 program is hyping its new interviews with people involved in the Joey Buttafuoco gossip from 30 years ago. THAT'S apparently newsworthy. A billionaire pedophile running a rape island implicating people at the highest levels of everything not only wasn't, some poor low-level producer had to be fired from another news organization simply for being adjacent to the Robach clip.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  5. #55
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, you haven't. You haven't even tried to prove it's not a "liberal" news network. You were trying to prove it's not a "progressive" news network.
    No, you put challenge before me without either proving they've called themselves progressive or qualifying why they should be considered progressive. I have never tried to define progressive because 'progressive' can be used by anyone from Jimmy Dore to Hillary Clinton. I've been consistent on that. An ideological progressive is generally identified as someone like AOC or Bernie Sanders, but the state of 'being progressive' can be used by Richard Nixon, who actually had progressive policies compared to Obama or the Clintons.

    You even agreed with me on, or at least chose to not to argue, the point that "progressives" aren't "liberal." Do you wish to open that up?
    Liberal is a definable ideology with set characteristics, progressive is less quantifiable. They are conflated because people who are liberal are generally progressive.

    You attempted to prove they aren't "progressive" by supplying 1-2 tidbits about various people
    What were you looking for? You want me to do homework to disprove YOUR assertion that they are progressive. And as we see below...

    Fine. I can't find definitive statements from them declaring themselves "progressive."
    You had no basis for assuming they are progressive in the first place. You just want to waste my time without putting skin in the game.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  6. #56
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,474

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    No, you put challenge before me without either proving they've called themselves progressive or qualifying why they should be considered progressive. I have never tried to define progressive because 'progressive' can be used by anyone from Jimmy Dore to Hillary Clinton. I've been consistent on that. An ideological progressive is generally identified as someone like AOC or Bernie Sanders, but the state of 'being progressive' can be used by Richard Nixon, who actually had progressive policies compared to Obama or the Clintons.
    If it's so nebulous, then how can you say anyone isn't "progressive", including CNN? Yet, you did.



    Liberal is a definable ideology with set characteristics, progressive is less quantifiable. They are conflated because people who are liberal are generally progressive.
    Yes, liberal is a definable ideology, involving holding individual rights, civil liberties, free enterprise, limited government, the rule of law dear.

    You cannot say that people who identify with those things are "generally progressive" without giving a definition of "progressive," which you say you can't do.

    You give examples of people who are "progressive," like Sanders and AOC, but they're both hostile to free enterprise; AOC and other "progressives" are hostile to various forms of free speech; other self-identified "progressives" (even here at DP!) are hostile to religious liberty, to gun rights, and man, are they hostile to limited government.

    So, while they may be "progressive" -- whatever that means -- they're not very liberal.

    If you can't define what "progressive" is, whether it's because you really can't or because you don't want to, then you can't say I'm wrong about that.



    What were you looking for? You want me to do homework to disprove YOUR assertion that they are progressive. And as we see below...
    That wasn't my assertion, as I've already said. My assertion was that they considered themselves "progressive." I've explained this a couple of times now.


    You had no basis for assuming they are progressive in the first place.
    Again, that isn't what I said.


    You just want to waste my time without putting skin in the game.
    No, I wanted you make your case.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  7. #57
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If it's so nebulous, then how can you say anyone isn't "progressive", including CNN? Yet, you did.
    Already explained.

    Yes, liberal is a definable ideology, involving holding individual rights, civil liberties, free enterprise, limited government, the rule of law dear.
    You're using a variant of term relating to LIBERTARIANISM. Why are you using this definition? Are you actually unaware of the distinction? Pretty funny that you would try to school me on a definition and then turn around and face-plant on liberalism.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  8. #58
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,474

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Already explained.
    Nope.


    You're using a variant of term relating to LIBERTARIANISM. Why are you using this definition? Are you actually unaware of the distinction? Pretty funny that you would try to school me on a definition and then turn around and face-plant on liberalism.
    Incorrect. I'm using the actual definition of (political) liberalism.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  9. #59
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Nope.
    I don't think you are equipped to understand what we're even talking about, as evidenced below.

    Incorrect. I'm using the actual definition of (political) liberalism.
    When someone says, 'CNN is a liberal network', they not referring to classical liberalism or libertarianism. I would invite you to Google before you respond next. I generally expect people to come into these discussions with a bare minimum of understanding of certain political / ideological concepts, but there's always the exception.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  10. #60
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,474

    Re: ABC News Amy Robach caught on hot mic complaining that ABC spiked Epstein-Clinton story in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I don't think you are equipped to understand what we're even talking about, as evidenced below.
    I do, very much so. The problem is, I understand it better than you'd like, and perhaps better than you're used to. And I think you know that, thus your extreme reluctance to define "progressive." You still haven't. Therefore, you can pretend it means pretty much anything you want, and it certainly leaves the term malleable enough for you slide it around as needed.

    You can, of course, dispel that by having the cojones to define the term.


    When someone says, 'CNN is a liberal network', they not referring to classical liberalism or libertarianism. I would invite you to Google before you respond next. I generally expect people to come into these discussions with a bare minimum of understanding of certain political / ideological concepts, but there's always the exception.
    Again, the problem is, I understand it better than you'd like. I know what "liberal" means, and I've used it consistently.

    One of the things I understand better than you'd like is that you want words to mean what you want them to mean. You certainly wouldn't acquiesce to a popular "understanding" of a word if you didn't think it's what the word means, or not how you want to use it. Case in point: your own use of the word "centrist." Also, your use of the word "socialist" as your lean.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •