Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: An example of a politically motivated headline

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,059

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So calling a group of muslims and christians (both were involved) religious is "deceitful". You two are incredibly pathetic and if you read more than the headline of articles you wouldn't be butthurt in the first place. Cry harder, religious bigots, you're no different than the bigoted muslims.
    About the headlines, I'm just looking out for the superficial readers like yourself.
    About your mistaken takeaway from the story, well I can't help that so that's on you.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    30,336

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    No, not at all. I actually have no problem with the Muslim parents in this story. Nor do I wish they be asscociated with terrorists or terrorism.

    The point was the Guardian’s obvious bias, not the complaints of the Muslim parents

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you asserting that many Christians are not equally opposed to homosexuality? Because that is patently false. In fact nearly all the anti-gay movement is based on religious objection. In THIS specific case it was Muslims.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  3. #63
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,412

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So in fact “gay marriage” did not exist in 1819.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it did as i just pointed out LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think there is an argument that racist black people outnumber racist white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  4. #64
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,092

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Are you asserting that many Christians are not equally opposed to homosexuality? Because that is patently false. In fact nearly all the anti-gay movement is based on religious objection. In THIS specific case it was Muslims.
    I have already made my argument related to this point and you still wish to be lazy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #65
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,092

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Yes it did as i just pointed out LMAO
    No, you did not. You make a claim and when pushed for evidence just say "well I was right"

    Where in the world was marriage understood to be between two room-mates of the same sex in 1819?
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  6. #66
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,368
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    No, not at all. I actually have no problem with the Muslim parents in this story. Nor do I wish they be asscociated with terrorists or terrorism.

    The point was the Guardian’s obvious bias, not the complaints of the Muslim parents

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bias? Are we talking about bias? The story said Christian parents had also complained but it's only an issue because of the Muslims. Had the school been predominatley Christian the headline using the word 'religious' wouldn't be an issue. Would it.
    At best, citing this story as an example of bias shows hyper-sensitivity to a (non) issue.
    He who knows the least obeys the best.

  7. #67
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,412

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    No, you did not. You make a claim and when pushed for evidence just say "well I was right"

    Where in the world was marriage understood to be between two room-mates of the same sex in 1819?
    what you mean is YOU couldn't support YOUR factually wrong claim of "a few years ago" so now you are desperately trying to deflect and failing LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think there is an argument that racist black people outnumber racist white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  8. #68
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,202

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So I was perusing some news and say this headline from the Guardian

    School defends LGBT lessons after religious parents complain

    So, what's wrong with this headline? Well strictly speaking nothing is factually wrong about it, but the impression it leaves is "religious" parents who can be of any religion oppose this curriculum. just garden variety generic religion right?

    Well let's click this headline and read the story



    so let's analyze the bolded, it says "predominately muslim" but in fact it was not "predominately muslim" it was entirely muslim, buried in the article is the tidbit this school is over 98% muslim pupils.

    So why this bias? simple, they need to protect an agenda of intersectionality, and they want to make sure that whenever Islam is not compatible with the left's idea that this is downplayed and described in a way to downplay the fact muslims don't approve of their social causes.
    you have got to be kidding me.

    you have a serious hang up on Muslims or a unhealthy identification with some other religion, likely Christian because that is the only way you can find bias in that headline.
    Trump is president because folks cant stand those they were brought up to look down on having passed them.

  9. #69
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,202

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    citing this story as an example of bias shows hyper-sensitivity to a (non) issue.
    it shows the posters bias
    Trump is president because folks cant stand those they were brought up to look down on having passed them.

  10. #70
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,412

    Re: An example of a politically motivated headline

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    At best, citing this story as an example of bias shows hyper-sensitivity to a (non) issue.
    BINGO!!!!

    any perceived dishonesty but this article title is made up and cant be support by anything logical or factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think there is an argument that racist black people outnumber racist white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •