Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 331

Thread: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

  1. #11
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,580

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    And even it thinks they were an embarrassment.




    Those kids were punks and the tomahawk **** was racist. Nobody fails to know that mocking a Native chant while doing that to the chanter is. That's the only reason to do it: to say "haha, stupid Indian!" And nothing anyone else did somehow makes that behavior above criticism. It really is no different than defending the kids if they'd called the "black Israelites" n------. Two wrongs, yadda yadda.

    But no, things are so polarized that 40% of America just has to make the kids completely innocent and the Native dude(s) (or the "black Israelites" or the "black muslims"), or "the liberal media" the real and only aggressors. Yet again, something that should have been a simple matter of agreeing that yes, that thing right there was *****y and then moving on has to turn into a giant argument, because so many people just have to defend defend defend.

    It really is quite depressing. These patterns started well before Trump decided to play politician and will keep going long after.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Yeah shut it, this guy confronted them first, after they were already being shouted at by black supremacists, they were going along with this guy's song and drum, and usually people who act like this elder are fakes anyway, and in return you are justifying death threats, doxxing, and the whole like.
    When I rock out to the music, especially Native American music, I always point, laugh, elbow a group of buddies, and make tomahawk chop signs at them. Because that's a how people rock out to Native American music in a not at all asshole racist fashion. And when I do that to rock out to their music, I'm perfectly on base and innocent -unimpeacheably so - because if I do that someone might anonymously claim on the internet that those i consider political enemies might doxx and kill me.

    /sardonics off
    /sarcrasm off





    No. I watched the videos. No other wrongs, alleged or right, make this particular wrong defensible. This particular wrong is defended, but that was predictable. As were the people who would be defending it.

    The kids were wrong.

    Want to talk about someone else being in the wrong? Then don't do it in a way that dishonestly suggests it somehow excuses the kids' behavior.

  2. #12
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,203

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    When I rock out to the music, especially Native American music, I always point, laugh, elbow a group of buddies, and make tomahawk chop signs at them. Because that's a how people rock out to Native American music in a not at all asshole racist fashion. And when I do that to rock out to their music, I'm perfectly on base and innocent -unimpeacheably so - because if I do that someone might anonymously claim on the internet that those i consider political enemies might doxx and kill me.

    /sardonics off
    /sarcrasm off





    No. I watched the videos. No other wrongs, alleged or right, make this particular wrong defensible. This particular wrong is defended, but that was predictable. As were the people who would be defending it.

    The kids were wrong.

    Want to talk about someone else being in the wrong? Then don't do it in a way that dishonestly suggests it somehow excuses the kids' behavior.
    So, I'm going to put you down for yes, commit physical violence, kick them out of school, which will be shut down by the government as per the former chair of your political party. pathetic.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  3. #13
    Professor
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I can't believe one of the teachers told the kids to chant the school sports song, in response to the Hebrew Israelite guys' taunting. What the hell was he or she thinking? Sing the school fight song? Geezus Krist on a cracker ...
    Perhaps it is what they knew. Curious now though...how does their fight song go?

  4. #14
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,580

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    This video sums it up. Must watch it for context.
    Some dude talking isn't context for what in fact happened. Videos from different angles, preferably longer ones, are. And those don't add up to the defense you lot seem to think it is.





    Those kids were wrong, just it would be wrong for a white person to call a black person a "n-----" because they felt (wrongly OR RIGHTLY) that the black person did something wrong to them first. Nobody fails to know what mimicking a native chant while doing a "tomahawk chop" at a Native who is chanting.

    And nobody is scared of an old man beating a drum unless they are a character in a movie and the old man is Clint Eastwood.





    Remember: two wrongs don't make a right. They may make a lack of standing, but context is important. That is, things that actually are part of context are important.

  5. #15
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,580

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Yeah shut it, this guy confronted them first, after they were already being shouted at by black supremacists, they were going along with this guy's song and drum, and usually people who act like this elder are fakes anyway, and in return you are justifying death threats, doxxing, and the whole like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    When I rock out to the music, especially Native American music, I always point, laugh, elbow a group of buddies, and make tomahawk chop signs at them. Because that's a how people rock out to Native American music in a not at all asshole racist fashion. And when I do that to rock out to their music, I'm perfectly on base and innocent -unimpeacheably so - because if I do that someone might anonymously claim on the internet that those i consider political enemies might doxx and kill me.

    /sardonics off
    /sarcrasm off





    No. I watched the videos. No other wrongs, alleged or right, make this particular wrong defensible. This particular wrong is defended, but that was predictable. As were the people who would be defending it.

    The kids were wrong.

    Want to talk about someone else being in the wrong? Then don't do it in a way that dishonestly suggests it somehow excuses the kids' behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So, I'm going to put you down for yes, commit physical violence, kick them out of school, which will be shut down by the government as per the former chair of your political party. pathetic.
    Now why would you conclude that announcing in advance that you will lie about what I said on the same page I said it and in reply to the quote in which I said it would *get* me?




    Your position is partisan garbage. No matter what wrongs the media and "black Israelites" (or "black muslims") might have done, the kid's behavior and the rest of the kids' behavior was wrong, and some of them went with a directly racist bent.

    I really don't understand why some people go to such lengths to attack anything that looks like a suggestion racism might have been involved on anyone's part in anything. I know that I am 0% likely to make a "tomahawk chop" at a Native while mocking his chant, or at all. So I'm not worried about some scenario where I think I've somehow innocently done it but got meanly called a racist. Why do you think some people might find it so important to argue that somehow, a racial attack is a reasonable response to anything?





    Let's go more extreme:

    IS it ok for a white man to call a black man a "n-----" if the black man has just punched the white man?

    If so, why? Precisely why?

  6. #16
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,203

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    Some dude talking isn't context for what in fact happened. Videos from different angles, preferably longer ones, are. And those don't add up to the defense you lot seem to think it is.





    Those kids were wrong, just it would be wrong for a white person to call a black person a "n-----" because they felt (wrongly OR RIGHTLY) that the black person did something wrong to them first. Nobody fails to know what mimicking a native chant while doing a "tomahawk chop" at a Native who is chanting.

    And nobody is scared of an old man beating a drum unless they are a character in a movie and the old man is Clint Eastwood.





    Remember: two wrongs don't make a right. They may make a lack of standing, but context is important. That is, things that actually are part of context are important.
    Liberals on sunday: Punch the racists! Their School's a hate factory! White Patriarchy! twitter mobs and death threats!

    On Monday after being discredited: "Two wrongs don't make a right"

    Skippy, save it, you people lied. End story. You don't get to moralize after your team lies.

    Trump said it best, the fake news is the enemy of the people, they purposefully set up a fake story to distract attention from the march for life and these students were acceptable casaulties.

    No, moralizing bro, your team wrong.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #17
    Educator gulfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    The kid is a hero.He showed great restraint.If that was me I would have knocked the Indians head off his shoulders.Its obvious the Indian was a paid thug.

  8. #18
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,203

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    Now why would you conclude that announcing in advance that you will lie about what I said on the same page I said it and in reply to the quote in which I said it would *get* me?




    Your position is partisan garbage. No matter what wrongs the media and "black Israelites" (or "black muslims") might have done, the kid's behavior and the rest of the kids' behavior was wrong, and some of them went with a directly racist bent.

    I really don't understand why some people go to such lengths to attack anything that looks like a suggestion racism might have been involved on anyone's part in anything. I know that I am 0% likely to make a "tomahawk chop" at a Native while mocking his chant, or at all. So I'm not worried about some scenario where I think I've somehow innocently done it but got meanly called a racist. Why do you think some people might find it so important to argue that somehow, a racial attack is a reasonable response to anything?





    Let's go more extreme:

    IS it ok for a white man to call a black man a "n-----" if the black man has just punched the white man?

    If so, why? Precisely why?

    I would not jump to racism if shouting the word was the response to an unprovoked physical attack.

    And the only people who would are race baiters who would desire to obfuscate an unprovoked attack in this scenario.

    The partisan garbage buddy was what happened to these poor teenagers.

    You know exactly why

    Because the left uses the word racism to discredit anything other then their own political agenda. Nothing in this video provides any evidence whatsoever these students believe they are racially superior to American indians.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 01-21-19 at 09:47 PM.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #19
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    206,353

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    My god it's 4pm on Monday when this story was already shown to be a fraud and you still want to dump on these kids who did nothing wrong?

    These kids did ZERO wrong, what were they supposed to do?
    wearing MAGA hats seems to justify all sorts of lies
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Real Smirking Maga Hat Kid story gets out

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    This video sums it up. Must watch it for context.

    Oh calm down. The kid appeared to act like a prick. I blame both for not engaging in conversation about what was going on.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •