Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 506

Thread: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

  1. #421
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,814

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Right winger really are the most pathetic people on the planet. Nobody is buying your bull**** of the poor, persecuted white christian. Trying to pretend your hate and ignorance is OK because it's your political opinion.

  2. #422
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,397
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    One hundred percent absolutely relevant to your assertions that Twitter is "the public airwaves", which it isn't.
    Now, if you wish to INSTEAD argue that a site like Twitter should BE REGARDED AS "the internet equivalent OF" a "public airwave spectrum user"...

    Then I might even be tempted to say that your new argument actually has a lot of merit, if for no other reason than the fact that a site like Twitter is in point of fact operating as if it were such a thing.

    ==============================

    Growing pains, our data infrastructure is still, even in 2019, a new idea, and the data environment of 2019 doesn't even resemble what we originally started out with twenty-some years ago.

    Simply put, Twitter is "private texting taken PUBLIC". It looks and operates a lot like private text messaging but it "broadcasts" those text messages to all subscribers instead of to one single recipient or small group of recipients.

    But it doesn't change the fact that the entire infrastructure consists of servers which are corporate owned.
    Even the actual "pipes" (copper, fiber and cellular) which carry it are corporate owned.

    We gave up any and pretty much all chance to regulate those pipes as a utility just not too long ago.
    And WHY did we lose that battle?

    Because people like Jack Hays accused us of BEING LEFTISTS.
    It was the so called "LEFTISTS" who WANTED a bit more regulation.


    ---Regulations which might have even served people like yourself a bit better.
    Leftist tyranny MY ASS.
    Use of the phrase "public airwaves" was a throwaway line unrelated to the thread topic. Sorry it made you unhinged.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #423
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 02:32 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,317
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Considering that most of what we hear from the White House is via Twitter, your point falls completely flat.
    Tell me, for what reason should the President be banned from twitter?

    For what reasons should the right leaning voices listed be banned?

    The Chief Twitter twit recently claimed (paraphrasing) 100% contrary to his Congressional testimony.

    Seeing as that’s serious crime these days... perhaps they should get a SWAT team to his house early tomorrow morning.

  4. #424
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 02:32 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,317
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    Right winger really are the most pathetic people on the planet. Nobody is buying your bull**** of the poor, persecuted white christian. Trying to pretend your hate and ignorance is OK because it's your political opinion.
    What hate?

    Ignorance is not a crime. If it was, you’d be serving a serious prison sentence.

  5. #425
    Generalissimo Pissant
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,249
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Use of the phrase "public airwaves" was a throwaway line unrelated to the thread topic. Sorry it made you unhinged.
    Your entire thread is throwaway material if you're going to hide behind that egg-proof barrier.
    The title itself sounds unhinged right from the start.

    Throwing out tropes like "LEFTIST TYRANNY!" is not only a bit unhinged, it's maudlin and Bircherite, bordering on hysteria.
    Just think...maybe if a few of those tyrannical leftists had gotten a wee bit of respect for their arguments, it would have been possible to apply a quasi public utility approach to Twitter, Facebook, the whole lot of them.
    It still would have been imperfect but it would have allowed a bit more control to organized campaigns that distort the way that these platforms can be used.

    You refuse to even acknowledge the fact that your entire line of thinking, namely that "leftists" are somehow engaged in a tyrannical attempt to control a stockholder corporation, is false...and you've tripped over your own right wing jingoism.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Exactly who do you think you are, Generalissimo? Enough of your holier than thou. I get my preaching in church. Maybe they'll name a cocktail after you and you'll be famous.

  6. #426
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Tell me, for what reason should the President be banned from twitter?

    For what reasons should the right leaning voices listed be banned?

    The Chief Twitter twit recently claimed (paraphrasing) 100% contrary to his Congressional testimony.

    Seeing as that’s serious crime these days... perhaps they should get a SWAT team to his house early tomorrow morning.
    Flamin' socialist. Wanting the guvmint to dictate policy to private companies. Move your commie ass to Venezuela.
    He who knows the least obeys the best.

  7. #427
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,397
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Your entire thread is throwaway material if you're going to hide behind that egg-proof barrier.
    The title itself sounds unhinged right from the start.

    Throwing out tropes like "LEFTIST TYRANNY!" is not only a bit unhinged, it's maudlin and Bircherite, bordering on hysteria.
    Just think...maybe if a few of those tyrannical leftists had gotten a wee bit of respect for their arguments, it would have been possible to apply a quasi public utility approach to Twitter, Facebook, the whole lot of them.
    It still would have been imperfect but it would have allowed a bit more control to organized campaigns that distort the way that these platforms can be used.

    You refuse to even acknowledge the fact that your entire line of thinking, namely that "leftists" are somehow engaged in a tyrannical attempt to control a stockholder corporation, is false...and you've tripped over your own right wing jingoism.
    Read the thread before popping off.
    Recent criticism of Omar by Dems makes my point.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #428
    Generalissimo Pissant
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,249
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Read the thread before popping off.
    Recent criticism of Omar by Dems makes my point.
    Oh you poor dear...can't take criticism, or correction, or learn, or even read or comprehend.
    It's all leftist tyranny.
    To the man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    Take it up with the Twitter board of directors and then mull over what I said about net neutrality and the effort to define the data infrastructure services as utilities.

    Which I am betting you won't and therefore I see no reason to read anything further from you or to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Exactly who do you think you are, Generalissimo? Enough of your holier than thou. I get my preaching in church. Maybe they'll name a cocktail after you and you'll be famous.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,544

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's twitter. It's always been trash. Why people put so much faith in social "media", I'll never know.

    Fox or someone can make their own conservative variant of twitter. It's be just as big a steaming pile of poo and nonsense, but it can be done.
    Twitter has caused leftist liberal democrat propagandists a whole heap of problems. Trump has been driving the weenies crazy by sidestepping the monopolized democrat mainstream media and taking his unaltered and unedited message straight to the American people.

  10. #430
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,162

    Re: The Leftist Tyranny of Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Twitter has caused leftist liberal democrat propagandists a whole heap of problems. Trump has been driving the weenies crazy by sidestepping the monopolized democrat mainstream media and taking his unaltered and unedited message straight to the American people.
    you mean his misspelled tweets of anger/lies/distortions/fake news? Because as we know the biggest pusher of fake news is the Orange Orc himself. The only reason it is unaltered and unedited is because the man is quite a few sandwiches short of a picnic/ a dozen cards short of a full deck.

    When the history books are written about Trump he will be known for as the (hopefully) one term president who was known as the biggest presidential twitter liar/distorter of facts, famous for his complete disregard of being truthful.
    At the world championships speed skating Ireen Wust won the gold medal in honor of her great friend Paulien van Deutekom and gave the middle finger to cancer. Today she gave her gold medal to Paulien's daughter

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •