Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

  1. #41
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,429

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    More Vernbabble...
    Fled, I'm not in 3rd grade nor am I a conservative (or conservative like poster). Your juvenile responses simply have no effect on me. They only tell me I'm right. If I was wrong, you could point out the flaws in my logic the way I did so easily with Klat and HT but you cant. Its a pity too because unlike a Klat or an HT, you have the capability to be honest and intelligent. You simply choose not to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  2. #42
    Sage
    HowardBThiname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,245

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    HT, this is a debate forum. When you are asked to back up a point, you should just do it. But I see why you were so hesitant to re-post it. I knew your "calendar year" point was flawed but I just didn't know how much. Now I know: completely. First off, even if the death toll in calendar year 2017 was lower, it wouldn't change the fact that 1400 more people died in the 2.5 months following Maria. That alone should have had you "pumping the brakes" on your narrative. Had you made the image you posted in the other thread just a little bigger we would have gotten this nugget

    Source: CIA World Factbook - Unless otherwise noted, information in this page is accurate as of June 30, 2015


    Had you gone to the CIA World Factbook site, the source of that data, you would have clearly seen that 2017 was an estimate.

    8.6 deaths/1,000 population (2017 est.)

    And its not a big deal but PR lost about 10% of its population after Maria. So now that you understand that you didn't post actual data but an estimate (and probably from before Maria) don't you think you should reconsider your point?
    My source, and my post were spot-on. Your thinking is off -- again. Nothing you posted makes a lick of sense. I posted the exact totals and I never claimed there were not increased deaths from Maria -- had your reading comprehension been better, you would have known that.

    This is your second screwup, bud, a third time and you're done.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." ~ Thomas Jefferson

  3. #43
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,429

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by HowardBThiname View Post
    My source, and my post were spot-on. Your thinking is off -- again. Nothing you posted makes a lick of sense. I posted the exact totals and I never claimed there were not increased deaths from Maria -- had your reading comprehension been better, you would have known that.

    This is your second screwup, bud, a third time and you're done.
    HT, you just don't get to post I've somehow screwed up by pointing out the falsehoods you've posted. I simply pointed out that your "totals" for 2017 deaths was an estimate. You have either lost all contact with reality or are dishonest. But HT, if my thinking is "off", you simply have to explain it how its off. How is me showing your "totals" was just an estimate a failure of my thinking? thanks in advance.

    and fyi, you don't need to make excuses to cut and run from the facts. Just cut and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  4. #44
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,429

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why are you not addressing Mizzy's post? Probably because you agree with her ridiculous allegation.
    Hey "American", HT is using estimates of 2017 deaths per 1000 to dispute the Harvard Study. Please address HT's falsehoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  5. #45
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,748

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzy22 View Post
    Every one who died,that could have lived,because Trump denied aid,their blood is on Trump!
    You could have sent money and supplies, but didn't. I blame you.

  6. #46
    Advisor Mizzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    359

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You could have sent money and supplies, but didn't. I blame you.
    Any lame excuse to cover for Trump!

  7. #47
    #TruthTellerTribe

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    32,947

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Nobody knows and likely nobody will know because we cant agree in definitions (is someone who dies 6 months later after their diabetes was out of control due to lack of meds for two months dead because of the storm?) and because the government on the island is deeply terrible.
    The vigor of a society is directly proportional to its capacity to conduct difficult conversations.

    VICTIM CULTURE IS WRECKING A LOT OF IMPORTANT THINGS, TO INCLUDE GUTS AND RESILIENCE.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,429

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    More Vernbabble...
    Hey fled, can you pretend I'm not in the thread and explain to HT that she posted an estimate of deaths in PR for 2017. I told her but she did that thing you do when I post facts: ignored it, whined about me. thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  9. #49
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,255

    Re: CNN still relying on that debunked Puerto Rican death toll

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Hey fled, can you pretend I'm not in the thread and explain to HT that she posted an estimate of deaths in PR for 2017. I told her but she did that thing you do when I post facts: ignored it, whined about me. thanks in advance.
    And more.... Vern, why do you think anyone wants Vernbabble on this thread?
    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •