Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: The Media Bias Chart

  1. #51
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,925

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Did I say that? I didn't realize it was confusing. If a journalist reveals the source who is giving them otherwise unknown information, that source might be cut off from said information. Then the journalist wouldn't have a source.....

    Don't ya think so?
    The again, how can anyone judge the integrity (or bias) of an unknown source "close to the White House"? BTW, is that not just the description of any random person in DC?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #52
    Professor Soopairik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-08-18 @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Did I say that? I didn't realize it was confusing. If a journalist reveals the source who is giving them otherwise unknown information, that source might be cut off from said information. Then the journalist wouldn't have a source.....

    Don't ya think so?
    To some degree, yes.

  3. #53
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,468
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    No still sucks. You've got NYT Washington Post & CNN wrong. They lean left. Reuters, AP, CBS are definitely center. Keep working on it
    Sorry, but I call them as I see them...

    After a year of solid Trump bashing and several bogus hit pieces on the president, I find it hard to believe you think CNN's position on that chart isn't correct.

    The NY Times news definitely skews left, while their editorial pages are dominated by leftist opinion.
    The WP news is center-left and their editorial pages have a leftist bias, but not to the same degree as the NY Times.
    As for the other 3 you mentioned, they are all left leaning and have been for decades.

  4. #54
    Guru
    JMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Not over the edge yet
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,273

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Sorry, but I call them as I see them...

    After a year of solid Trump bashing and several bogus hit pieces on the president, I find it hard to believe you think CNN's position on that chart isn't correct.

    The NY Times news definitely skews left, while their editorial pages are dominated by leftist opinion.
    The WP news is center-left and their editorial pages have a leftist bias, but not to the same degree as the NY Times.
    As for the other 3 you mentioned, they are all left leaning and have been for decades.
    The Washington Post, NYT and CNN lean left...they do not report with a liberal bias.
    The AP and Reuters are definitely center....they have both been judged "least biased" of all media.

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

    I know the right loves to feel that the mean media does not represent them. Maybe that's the fault of the right and not the media? You got a tilted view, jmo So I stand with my statement your chart needs more work.

    But I appreciate you're taking the time to make a chart, and express a coherent thought...unlike some other things I see posted here.

  5. #55
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,082

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    The Chart, Version 3.0: What, Exactly, Are We Reading?


    Came across a page with chart-modeling of media bias by patent attorney Vanessa Otero (@vlotero). At the link above, she explains her chart methodology.





    Related: The Viral Media Graphic (with special thanks to Vanessa Otero)
    Id say overall not bad at all. Of course I dont agree with all of it but its "OK"

    the one issue I have is the yellow block seems to contradict itself. As far as what it covers left to right shouldint it stop at the "hyper-partisan" lines the same the green black does? if it did that I think it would be even better.

    CNN should move a half block left

    MSNBC should move a half block left and a block down
    Daily KOS should move a block down

    and of course there are quite a few I dont know


    If I was gonna make my own GENERAL chart for "MAIN STREAM" I put Fox on the furthest right block and MSNBC on the furthest left Block and figure out where the rest fit inbewtween. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Wrong. Gays do equal transgender
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk forAIDS. Gays are.

  6. #56
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    10-19-18 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    The onlt dispute I have of this chart is the placing of CNN only slightly left. I would have agreed with the positioning before Trump became POTUS. But ever since, they've been on a rampage that has sickened me. They've declared war on Trump and are attempting to destroy him and his presidency. The reporting is so biased that I refuse to turn to their channel anymore.

  7. #57
    Educator
    Gaea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Last Seen
    10-03-18 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    The onlt dispute I have of this chart is the placing of CNN only slightly left. I would have agreed with the positioning before Trump became POTUS. But ever since, they've been on a rampage that has sickened me. They've declared war on Trump and are attempting to destroy him and his presidency. The reporting is so biased that I refuse to turn to their channel anymore.
    That's because you moved to the right. Not because CNN moved to the left.

  8. #58
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    10-19-18 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea View Post
    That's because you moved to the right. Not because CNN moved to the left.
    No its not. Its because I don't like CNN's blatant bias and use of half-truths.
    I don't watch or give any credence to FOX either, since they spent 8 years roasting Obama unfairly.
    You people can, and likely will, continue with your polarized identity politics, but its end result will be chaos.

  9. #59
    Educator
    Gaea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Last Seen
    10-03-18 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    No its not. Its because I don't like CNN's blatant bias and use of half-truths.
    I don't watch or give any credence to FOX either, since they spent 8 years roasting Obama unfairly.
    You people can, and likely will, continue with your polarized identity politics, but its end result will be chaos.
    OK - I'll bite:

    Give me a quote from this article which demonstrates CNN's "blatant bias":
    Paul Ryan backed Nunes in spat with Justice Department over Russia documents, sources say - CNNPolitics

  10. #60
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    17,688

    Re: The Media Bias Chart

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Just the fact that MSNBC fell into the "Fair interpretations of the news" category should throw up a red flag for anyone with even an ounce objectivity. MSNBC has been shown over and over again to be horrifically biased.
    AGAIN - the worst mistake you can make is to look at what they say that you don't like or don't agree with, and then apply that to everything they say. MSNBC's not going to be right with everything...and yes, they have some bias. However, any reputable fact-checking organization is going to show that Fox gets MUCH more wrong, if for no other reason than that they find themselves having to defend Trump's daily dump of inaccuracies and outright lies. Look at Shep Smith - when he points out that Trump lied about this or that, he gets excoriated by many on the far right for essentially doing his job.

    BUT just because Fox gets so much wrong and is every bit as biased as MSNBC ever was, I do not assume that everything they say is biased or false...because - like MSNBC - Fox does do some good, quality reporting. No one should make broad-brush assumptions about either one.

    But in the interest of full disclosure, there is one right-wing media organization that I do assume is false and maliciously biased in pretty much everything it puts online or on the air: Infowars. Come to think of it, Trump did speak glowingly of Alex Jones' journalistic reputation....
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •