Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian hacking (everyone should read this)

  1. #21
    #MuchBetterNow
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,991

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
    I would suggest The Putin Interviews by Oliver Stone.
    No thanks. Visited Russia many times. Stone tossed softballs.


    Lies can become truth ― if we let them.

  2. #22
    Professor
    Evilroddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,298

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
    Great post, Evilroddy. Although I would argue that Russia poses no threat to the United States and that both the United States and Russia should become allies.
    The Lurker:

    From the perspective of the US state and its military branches, Russia is very much a threat to the USA and the wider post-WWII US Grand Area doctrine. The Russian thermonuclear arsenal and ballistic missile capacity (both land-based and sub-based) is a very real threat to America. The Russian Navy and Submarine forces are a growing threat since Russia under Vladimir Putin began rebuilding its offensive and defensive capacity after the collapse of the USSR and the follow-on disaster of the Yeltsin years. The Russian Land forces have proved a threat to western interests in the Russian near-abroad and as the US is the dominant member of NATO and a key driver in its westward expansion, it still perceives Russia as a very credible military threat. Russia's involvement and Putin's leadership in the Syrian Civil War is seen as very threatening to US hegemony over the Middle Eastern region as is Russia's closer ties and flourishing business expansion with Iran, Afghanistan and Iraq.

    In the non-military world, Russia's participation and leadership in the creation and promotion of economic and financial mechanisms designed to weaken US domination over international commerce and finance is a threat to US commercial and financial hegemony. So, from the perspective of the US invisible empire and a mono-polar military global hegemon, Russia is most definitly a threat to US interests. The emergence of a grand, Eurasian, land-based, continental-wide, super-economy which the US cannot easily control, influence or interdict by naval or air power is perhaps the greatest emerging threat that Russia, in concert with China, India and the central Asian "Stan-states" along the Silk Road, poses to the US from an American POV. If you see world affairs as a zero-sum game (as the US leadership does), then all nations are a threat but some are more threatening than others. Russia falls into that latter category as far as the US leadership is concerned. It is selfish and xenophobic but it is also true.

    Cheers.
    Evilroddy.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Seen
    05-24-18 @ 12:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilroddy View Post
    Russia falls into that latter category as far as the US leadership is concerned. It is selfish and xenophobic but it is also true.

    Cheers.
    Evilroddy.
    You have the temerity to call Russia xenophobic and selfish when you are comparing them to the USA??! Absolutely stunning. The USA are the people that believe god gave them the right to steal everyone's wealth and brag about what kind, benevolent, loving, generous people they are.

    People who have spent 93% of their years as a "nation" at war aren't anything but evil war criminals and terrorists.

  4. #24
    Professor
    Evilroddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,298

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    You have the temerity to call Russia xenophobic and selfish when you are comparing them to the USA??! Absolutely stunning. The USA are the people that believe god gave them the right to steal everyone's wealth and brag about what kind, benevolent, loving, generous people they are.

    People who have spent 93% of their years as a "nation" at war aren't anything but evil war criminals and terrorists.
    No Camlok:

    I am calling the US leadership xenophobic and selfish and not Putin's Russia. Putin's Russia has many very serious vices which I have no intention of excusing but so does America. You really ought to calm down dude or you'll pop a gasket!

    Nor am I endorsing the US Grand Area Doctrine and the forever-war which it and de facto empire has burdened the US people and economy with. Russia is a real threat to America but America is a much, much larger and more dangerous threat to Russia. Please, also leave the American people out of this guilt-dumping as they are as much the victims of US grand strategy and doctrine as the people paupered by US military adventurism and predatory corporatism abroad. You need to adopt a more nuanced approach to your virulent criticism of US state policy or be relegated by most readers here to the status of a madman howling at the moon. Make your points calmly and back them up with evidence and authority (of which there is plenty available) and you will likely have more success in leading people closer to your point of view.

    With respect and good cheer.
    Evilroddy.
    Last edited by Evilroddy; 12-23-17 at 02:28 PM.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,592

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    The article would have more credibility if it wasn't full of adhominem attacks on Republican leaders. That our government is a threat or that the MIC is a powerful force, or that out intell agencies don't tell us the facts is nothing new. It is how the world operates, and these things could have been true in even back to the Greeks and Romans. And yet all of this is simply a "version" of events. And the Russians and others have their versions.

  6. #26
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,393

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
    Everyone, both conservative and liberal, should read this.

    What We Don?t Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking



    Read ALL of it. It's quite the read.
    That was a good red, thanks.

  7. #27
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    602

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    The article would have more credibility if it wasn't full of adhominem attacks on Republican leaders. That our government is a threat or that the MIC is a powerful force, or that out intell agencies don't tell us the facts is nothing new. It is how the world operates, and these things could have been true in even back to the Greeks and Romans. And yet all of this is simply a "version" of events. And the Russians and others have their versions.
    One thing we don't talk about, when we discuss Russian hacking, is Hillary's private e-mail server. Her private server was not as protected, from hackers, as it could have been, if it has been a part of the secure government network, subject to public record. If you add to this, the role of the Clintons and Russians in the Uranium deal, it is very likely the Russians would have attempted to hack Hillary's server, at the very least, to gain an advantage in that deal. This hack would have be relatively easy. It could have been done through an e-mail attachments connected to the large donation to the Clinton foundation. The offer of $150million,may have been a trojan horse and worth every penny to the Russians.

    If you recall, what got the Democrats all worked up and organized for the collusion narrative, even after President Obama, said there is nothing to see here, was when Candidate Trump, made a joke and said, maybe we should ask the Russians, if they could find the lost e-mails. This may have been an insider secret that one was not supposed to say. It hit a nerve. This was quickly covered up with a counter offensive of collusion, designed to discredit both Trump and the Russians, so any evidence by either, would be made to appear tainted. The fast organized response seems to show this contingency was already planned out, due to the potential vulnerability.

    I would also assume the FBI and the CIA also hacked the Hillary's server. They would have done so, at the very least, out of concern for national security, since a private server, overseen by one person, would be an easy target for any national hack team. The CIA and FBI, would be loyal to the country and administration, and would monitor traffic, to make sure secrets are not being intercepted or illegal entry is not occurring. Transcripts are on file, somewhere. These files place key players, in both the CIA and FBI, in precarious positions requiring survival mode.

  8. #28
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,978

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by wellwisher View Post
    One thing we don't talk about, when we discuss Russian hacking, is Hillary's private e-mail server. Her private server was not as protected, from hackers, as it could have been, if it has been a part of the secure government network, subject to public record. If you add to this, the role of the Clintons and Russians in the Uranium deal, it is very likely the Russians would have attempted to hack Hillary's server, at the very least, to gain an advantage in that deal. This hack would have be relatively easy. It could have been done through an e-mail attachments connected to the large donation to the Clinton foundation. The offer of $150million,may have been a trojan horse and worth every penny to the Russians.

    If you recall, what got the Democrats all worked up and organized for the collusion narrative, even after President Obama, said there is nothing to see here, was when Candidate Trump, made a joke and said, maybe we should ask the Russians, if they could find the lost e-mails. This may have been an insider secret that one was not supposed to say. It hit a nerve. This was quickly covered up with a counter offensive of collusion, designed to discredit both Trump and the Russians, so any evidence by either, would be made to appear tainted. The fast organized response seems to show this contingency was already planned out, due to the potential vulnerability.

    I would also assume the FBI and the CIA also hacked the Hillary's server. They would have done so, at the very least, out of concern for national security, since a private server, overseen by one person, would be an easy target for any national hack team. The CIA and FBI, would be loyal to the country and administration, and would monitor traffic, to make sure secrets are not being intercepted or illegal entry is not occurring. Transcripts are on file, somewhere. These files place key players, in both the CIA and FBI, in precarious positions requiring survival mode.
    Investigations in these areas would publicize secret/top secret/perhaps higher messages ergo the mess becomes classified and the function of a black hole for the public media follows. like Benghazi. Arms to ISIS through Turkey to Syria. I remember a reference to messages above top secret being referred to by an early investigation of Clinton's Sec'y State server. Then nothing.
    /

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    44,031

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
    It's a machine, that's for damn sure.

    Ever heard about Operation Gladio? I've heard about it before, but I never knew what it was until now. The fact that the elites in this country and in NATO are capable of that means that we live under a power that doesn't care for morality.
    Capable of what exactly?

    Operation Gladio was intended to be a Resistance movement in case of Russian occupation of Europe. Each nation would have their respective organization and each would operate relatively independently.

    Is that that Gladio you speak of?
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  10. #30
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    44,031

    Re: What We Don't Talk about When We Talk about Russian Hacking (everyone should read this)

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Investigations in these areas would publicize secret/top secret/perhaps higher messages ergo the mess becomes classified and the function of a black hole for the public media follows. like Benghazi. Arms to ISIS through Turkey to Syria. I remember a reference to messages above top secret being referred to by an early investigation of Clinton's Sec'y State server. Then nothing.
    /
    What arms to ISIS?
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •