Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 54 of 54

Thread: Ron Robinson: How the Media Portrays Progressives and how Conservatives

  1. #51
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: Ron Robinson: How the Media Portrays Progressives and Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Its not a gotcha statement, its boiling down you overly wordy paragraphs into a sentence. There's likely no reason to have the conversation if you feel the need to obscure the truth with multiple paragraphs when a single sentence conveys the message.
    He mentioned that he believes the media is biased and he was very specific on how they were biased...what else do you want?
    “People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”
    *Adam Smith*

  2. #52
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,258

    Re: Ron Robinson: How the Media Portrays Progressives and Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    He mentioned that he believes the media is biased and he was very specific on how they were biased...what else do you want?
    Being honest about that and not characterizing it as a "gotcha statement".

  3. #53
    Guru
    FieldTheorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: Ron Robinson: How the Media Portrays Progressives and Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Its not a gotcha statement, its boiling down you overly wordy paragraphs into a sentence. There's likely no reason to have the conversation if you feel the need to obscure the truth with multiple paragraphs when a single sentence conveys the message.
    Either you want to read what I write or you don't. If you're annoyed by 3 or 4 paragraph posts, and think that 1 sentence genuinely reflects the same content, then that's on you.
    "The question is whether privileged elites should dominate mass-communication and should use this power, as they tell us they must [to] manipulate and deceive the 'stupid majority', and remove them from the public arena. The question, in brief, is whether Democracy and Freedom are values to be preserved or threats to be avoided." --Chomsky

  4. #54
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,258

    Re: Ron Robinson: How the Media Portrays Progressives and Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by FieldTheorist View Post
    Either you want to read what I write or you don't. If you're annoyed by 3 or 4 paragraph posts, and think that 1 sentence genuinely reflects the same content, then that's on you.
    No offense, but if a sentence will convey the message, let it do so.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •