Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Democracy Dies in Darkness

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,838

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Silence is what we're getting from Trump unless you count Twitter. Democracy dies when there is no opposing viewpoint offered.
    That’s not quite fair. His speeches have caused some excitement of late.

  2. #12
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,763
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    Democracy actually dies in gleeful pig-ignorance, as you're clearly demonstrating.

    https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/stat...20372599414784
    An article published in Twitter? No thanks.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  3. #13
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,637

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    An article published in Twitter? No thanks.
    What factual elements of the reporting are you criticizing? Or, in your case, running from, hair on fire?

    Facts can be scary things.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  4. #14
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,763
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Yes, we know any poll that doesn't put your false god Trump or his plans in a good light is "fake news" to you. Sorry you don't like FACTS.
    Sorry, but the mainstream media destroyed their own credibility. Not me. I simply acknowledge the fact.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,603

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Sorry, but the mainstream media destroyed their own credibility. Not me. I simply acknowledge the fact.
    Only to Trumpettes they have. You guys only believe polls that show Trump in a favorable light and whine and cry about Fake News when it doesn't. Hell, Trump tweets something you still call it fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  6. #16
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,763
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    Democracy actually dies in gleeful pig-ignorance, as you're clearly demonstrating.

    https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/stat...20372599414784
    The twitter article's thesis is that the Obama administration didn't actually do anything to hinder the efforts against Hezbollah. Here's what Policio says:

    But as Project Cassandra reached higher into the hierarchy of the conspiracy, Obama administration officials threw an increasingly insurmountable series of roadblocks in its way, according to interviews with dozens of participants who in many cases spoke for the first time about events shrouded in secrecy, and a review of government documents and court records. When Project Cassandra leaders sought approval for some significant investigations, prosecutions, arrests and financial sanctions, officials at the Justice and Treasury departments delayed, hindered or rejected their requests.
    I don't see where that's contradicted by the rest of the article, as is claimed. What some officials try to do is retreat behind the curtain of classified operations and claim that "you guys just don't know everything that's going on".

    Yeah, right.

    Maybe you can explain, oh ye of superior intellect.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #17
    Guru
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,721

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    ...
    Democracy dies in Darkness because Tyrants who want full control need to convince the masses not to trust the media that's trying to protect them from tyranny.

    The media is made up of Americans. They have no collective reason to want a dictatorship any more than you or I would. If you find yourself believing the President over what the vast majority of the press are telling you then you're the one in darkness.

  8. #18
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,763
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Only to Trumpettes they have. You guys only believe polls that show Trump in a favorable light and whine and cry about Fake News when it doesn't. Hell, Trump tweets something you still call it fake news.
    Yes, that's what we all are reduced to when none of the media can be trusted to tell the truth.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  9. #19
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,763
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    Democracy dies in Darkness because Tyrants who want full control need to convince the masses not to trust the media that's trying to protect them from tyranny.

    The media is made up of Americans. They have no collective reason to want a dictatorship any more than you or I would. If you find yourself believing the President over what the vast majority of the press are telling you then you're the one in darkness.
    Who are the people who are rooting for more regulations, more taxes, greater power in the central government, and who is trying to cut back on government power and regulations? Who do you seriously believe is putting us in greater danger of tyrrany?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,603

    Re: Democracy Dies in Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Yes, that's what we all are reduced to when none of the media can be trusted to tell the truth.
    Trump has lies 8 times the amount in 10 months than Obama did his entire presidency and you say we should trust Trump? And you wonder why we call Trumpettes partisan hacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •