Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 356

Thread: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

  1. #281
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,155

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I don't want anybody near anything to do with my safety if they think boys are girls and girls are boys. They might try to force a male connector into another male connector and burn the house down.
    Not really, because if an electrician can't use anything other than male and female connectors, you are going to have a pretty limited capability.

    "By definition, a hermaphroditic connector includes mating surfaces having simultaneous male and female aspects, involving complementary paired identical parts each containing both protrusions and indentations. These mating surfaces are mounted into identical fittings which can freely mate with any other, without regard for gender (provided that the size and type are already matched). Alternative names include hermaphrodite, androgynous, genderless, sexless, combination (or combo), two-in-one, two-way, and other descriptive terms. Several of these latter alternate names are ambiguous in meaning, and should not be used unless carefully defined in context. True hermaphroditic connectors should not be confused with mixed gender connectors, which are described elsewhere in this article....

    The hermaphroditic design is useful when multiple complex or lengthy components must be arbitrarily connected in various combinations. For example, if hoses have hermaphroditic fittings, they can be connected without having to pull a lengthy hose and reverse it because it has the wrong gender to connect to another hose. Some military fiber optical cables also have hermaphroditic connectors to prevent "wrong gender" connector problems in field deployments. In a similar fashion, railcars are usually equipped with hermaphroditic railway coupling mechanisms that allow either end of the vehicle to be connected to a train without having to turn the railcar around first. For the same reason, several spacecraft docking mechanisms are designed to be "androgynous", including the Androgynous Peripheral Attach System, the NASA Docking System, and Chinese Docking Mechanism.

    In the absence of genderless connectors, gender changer fittings might be used to enable certain connections. The designer of a connection system may use one or both schemes to allow arbitrary connectivity, or even combine both schemes into a single system....

    Devices used for mating two connectors of the same gender have a wide variety of terms, including for example: "gender changer", "gender mender", "gender bender", "gender blender", "sex changer", and "homosexual adapter".[11] A specific gender changer can be referred to by either the gender of its connectors, or the gender which it is designed to connect to, resulting in a thoroughly ambiguous terminology. Thus a "male gender changer" might have female connectors to mate two male ends, or male connectors to mate two female ends.
    See? When you have an open mind, you have more possibilities and capabilities. It's not all bad!
    Last edited by ataraxia; 11-18-19 at 01:32 PM.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I don't want anybody near anything to do with my safety if they think boys are girls and girls are boys. They might try to force a male connector into another male connector and burn the house down.
    That's what circuit breakers are for.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,420

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    My explanation is that you don't know what you are talking about. This is not a "dodge". I have given you multiple chances to prove what you say, and you cant.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been trying to get you to answer a question for pages now, and you do everything but. Please just answer the question, or explain where I am wrong.

    The fact is there are thousands of sects of Christianity, each disagreeing with every other sect regarding the meaning of the words in the bible. Possible explanations are Yahweh incapable of writing a book with the coherence of a typical Middle Schools student. Or Yahweh is a deceiver, and doesn't want people to understand.

    What's your explanation?
    Supporting Trump, but claiming you are against racism...is like eating a Banana Split every day, but claiming you are against ice cream.

  4. #284
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,420

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by COTO View Post
    Christian values were in the heart of virtually every great president, ideologue, and statesman the US ever had... for over two centuries.
    Well that's a load of BS.

    Christian values include slavery, genocide, murder, rape. It's all in the bible, Yahweh/Jesus command and condone it. How are those at the heart of a great president?

    You want to know Evangelical Christian values, just look at Trump's values, those are the values Evangelical Christian's support. Not what they pay lip service to, but what they actually support and vote for.
    Last edited by JustHanging; 11-18-19 at 07:55 PM.
    Supporting Trump, but claiming you are against racism...is like eating a Banana Split every day, but claiming you are against ice cream.

  5. #285
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    12-13-19 @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,988

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been trying to get you to answer a question for pages now, and you do everything but. Please just answer the question, or explain where I am wrong.

    The fact is there are thousands of sects of Christianity, each disagreeing with every other sect regarding the meaning of the words in the bible. Possible explanations are Yahweh incapable of writing a book with the coherence of a typical Middle Schools student. Or Yahweh is a deceiver, and doesn't want people to understand.

    What's your explanation?
    I know you don't know what I am talking about. You don't know what you are talking about, either.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  6. #286
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    12-13-19 @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,988

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    Not really, because if an electrician can't use anything other than male and female connectors, you are going to have a pretty limited capability.



    See? When you have an open mind, you have more possibilities and capabilities. It's not all bad!
    More ways to burn the house down.....
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  7. #287
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    12-13-19 @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,988

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    That's what circuit breakers are for.
    Maybe not being stupid in the first place is more efficient?
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,420

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Maybe not being stupid in the first place is more efficient?
    Exactly.

    Not doing stupid things like thinking the old ways are always best, and insisting on using candles on your Xmas tree instead of LED lights, even when it's obvious how stupid that is.

    Not doing stupid things like limiting oneself to only ever looking at the world in one specific way, when sometimes it's advantageous to look at the world from different angles.
    Last edited by JustHanging; 11-18-19 at 10:47 PM.
    Supporting Trump, but claiming you are against racism...is like eating a Banana Split every day, but claiming you are against ice cream.

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,420

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I know you don't know what I am talking about. You don't know what you are talking about, either.
    Nope, that's deflection and running away. Maybe pray to your god for an answer? Here it is again:

    The fact is there are thousands of sects of Christianity, each disagreeing with every other sect regarding the meaning of the words in the bible. Possible explanations are Yahweh incapable of writing a book with the coherence of a typical Middle Schools student. Or Yahweh is a deceiver, and doesn't want people to understand.

    What's your explanation?
    Supporting Trump, but claiming you are against racism...is like eating a Banana Split every day, but claiming you are against ice cream.

  10. #290
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    12-13-19 @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,988

    Re: Scientifically Wrong Answers OK, if Religious?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHanging View Post
    Exactly.

    Not doing stupid things like thinking the old ways are always best, and insisting on using candles on your Xmas tree instead of LED lights, even when it's obvious how stupid that is.

    Not doing stupid things like limiting oneself to only ever looking at the world in one specific way, when sometimes it's advantageous to look at the world from different angles.
    This is just mental masturbation.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •