Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 531 to 536 of 536

Thread: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

  1. #531
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,013

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    It seems you and I have got off on the wrong foot willing to take all due blame for that. And I do apologize for any offense that I caused that was not my intent.

    I'm not religious.

    I harbor no animosity toward atheists, or non-believers of any stripe or label.

    If somehow you got the idea of that I'm bigoted against non-religious people I sincerely apologise for the miscommunication. That's not the case at all.

    If I didn't value the input various non believers I wouldn't be here talking to you.
    All you have is wrong feet and a lack of ability to speak the truth.

    BTW, the real reason you are here talking to me is to try and boost your own agenda and convince others of how tolerant you are. Another falsehood by you.

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    new zealand.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,276

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    see what I mean? You have to deny its existence. The idea threatens you. You can call this an emotional plea all you want but I've struck the nail in the head. That last sentence gave you away
    no we weren't. I was debating the common usage of the word atheism. You want to debate faith and I don't and I have not and I'm not going to.
    .
    You can keep pretending you know my emotional state or you can actually produce a rational for theism. But you cannot give a rational for theism because there isn't one. So all you will do is fail at pretending you know what i feel.
    I could not care less about your opinion on faith. It does nothing to rebut what i have said about the meaning of atheism.

    I'm sorry you're out of your depth here and you dug yourself into a hole you can't get out of. But I never debated Faith with you and it's not happening. I realize that's the only debate you're prepared for and so therefore you want to steer every debate into that but you need to broaden your horizons. Stop feeling such existential angst over theists.
    I haven't debated Faith it's not part of this debate it's something you're desperately trying to make this debate about. So this statement is rather ironic.
    I am not debating faith with you either. I am pointing out why there is another definition of atheism and why it is used. To counter those who claim atheism is faith based. Whether you are one who makes such claims or not is irrelevant because other theist do in fact make that claim.
    I know you have been in the discussion about coming usage to talk about faith. Because you like to "rip apart Theist arguments.". It seems ironic after that last statement you made with this conversation isn't about me.
    You asked for a reason to create a better definition and i gave one. Then, unable to counter what i said you instead started down this false track of claiming you have never said anything about faith. The conversation is never about you. It is about the difference between atheism and agnosticism.
    well you claim that the argument is that atheism is faith-based not only have I not made that argument I don't believe that claim.
    I never said you did. I pointed out that you cannot deny that other theists have done so. A fact you are desperate to ignore by pretending it is all about you.
    You ignore this and substitute your own reality where I did make that claim so you can say I'm not rational. That's called denial.
    Amusing. I dare you to back up your words by copying and pasting the words where i said you made the argument that atheism is faith based. No, that is all on you. You are the only one making that claim, i never did.

    I haven't complained I just pointed out that I haven't made the argument that you want me to make. Just because you don't believe there is a rational reason to believe in God doesn't mean there isn't.
    No, it actually means there isn't one. No means no. You cannot even manage to produce a rational reason. All you can do is attack me with an emotional plea.

    So you're prejudiced clouds your judgement. It's probably why you're substituting reality with your own concoction
    No, not prejudice at all. Obviously not, seeing as you have failed to give a rational just made pitiful attempts at emotional pleading.

    You need to remember that the common definition of atheism that of lack of belief. Is not based on faith but instead and unlike theism is based on reason. That reason is that theist have never produced anything in the way of empirical evidence for a god. Nor have they even managed to come up with a good rational for a god. So therefor i have no reason to treat this god of theirs as anything other than a work of fiction.

  3. #533
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    you can't cite the dictatorial authorities of language they don't exist.
    My claims were of common usage.


    Just a brief read of your posting to others on this thread shows your resistance to fact, your obstinance exhibited in so ignorant a way as to pretend your own interpretation of matter that is not even in question, but for your innovative illusion of context. If you would say something that translated to a debatable point, something logical and of rational mind, maybe this could go somewhere other than chasing you down your own rabbit hole. But, you're not debating, you're avoiding debate. You use English words, but you don't use the language logically. Can't make sense of you.

  4. #534
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    34,917

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay81 View Post
    First, you actually do not think. You demand that others conform to your desires and think the way you desire.
    somebody really does have a persicution complex.
    As for the rest of your babble, bull. It is all you own misconception that you insist is true for all. You skip anything that counters your bigotry and get upset when challenged.

    You continue to be pathetic as you display you lack of comprehension or any desire to actually take what another says as a fact for them.

    About as bigoted as any posts that I have seen belong to you.
    Yeah persicution complex.

  5. #535
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    34,917

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay81 View Post
    All you have is wrong feet and a lack of ability to speak the truth.

    BTW, the real reason you are here talking to me is to try and boost your own agenda and convince others of how tolerant you are. Another falsehood by you.
    All you're doing is posturing.

  6. #536
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    34,917

    Re: Atheist / Theist Reconciliation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    You can keep pretending you know my emotional state or you can actually produce a rational for theism.
    well you've already said there can't possibly be one so there's really no point in even talking to you about it.

    By the way just really reasonable of you. Lol

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •