Page 170 of 248 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2477

Thread: Proof of God

  1. #1691
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,736

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Drowning Man View Post
    This is just a discussion forum. No quests.
    Do you do requests?
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

  2. #1692
    Advisor Drowning Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    317

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Do you do requests?
    Philosophy’s greatest hits, uninformed opinions and gently insane musings, only.

  3. #1693
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,763
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    No, just a silly question.
    What's your irony meter doing? I mean, when it comes to silly questions, your question about Hindu gods, which you post over and over again, a thousand times in just the last two years during which I've had the distinct misfortune of reading your posts, takes the cake, yes?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  4. #1694
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,763
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Drowning Man View Post
    Again, “order” is a purely human construct. Is a field of corn rows “ordered”? Maybe...or maybe it’s ordered if it is the original prairie with all of the diverse live and ecosystems it supports.

    In any event, let’s say that I agree with your conclusion, “The universe implies what humans perceive as order”.

    And so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Everything discursive is a human construct. Your posts, your facts, your beliefs, your disbeliefs, science, art, philosophy, anthropology, psychology, mathematics, and so on. It is impossible to discourse and not construct. So where do we go from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowning Man View Post
    Now you’re being silly. You’re trying to claim a quality of the universe. What is “ordered” is a much more subjective quality than say, size, number of stars, age, etc. But, go ahead with your argument. I know where it’s going and it’s not going to work, but be my guest.
    That's the problem here: you know the argument before it's made and you know before it's made that it's not going to work. Please waste someone else's time, will you? Thank you.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  5. #1695
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,691

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    That's the problem here: you know the argument before it's made and you know before it's made that it's not going to work. Please waste someone else's time, will you? Thank you.
    Oh the irony
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  6. #1696
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,736

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Drowning Man View Post
    Philosophy’s greatest hits, uninformed opinions and gently insane musings, only.
    I am off out on a quest to buy a loaf of bread. Wish me luck.
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

  7. #1697
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,691

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    I am off out on a quest to buy a loaf of bread. Wish me luck.
    Made with african or european grains?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #1698
    Sage
    devildavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,658

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    That's the problem here: you know the argument before it's made and you know before it's made that it's not going to work. Please waste someone else's time, will you? Thank you.
    The real problem is that you don't understand the nature of a philosophical argument. Logically valid arguments can contain false premises. Reality does not bend to human created philosophical arguments. Rutabagas do not require a philosophical argument. Go find your rutabaga and be enlightened.
    Remember Bowling Green! Remember Atlanta! Remember Sweden!

  9. #1699
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,736

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Made with african or european grains?
    The quest will reveal that. Now, where is my trusty blade?
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

  10. #1700
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,691

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    The quest will reveal that. Now, where is my trusty blade?
    Serated or straight edge blade? After all the wrong blade with the wrong loaf could lead to disaster
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •