Page 323 of 603 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 6026

Thread: Proof of God

  1. #3221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57,894

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Of course. They think they see a big bang and not God so in their limited minds they think the big bang must be science and that God must not exist because of science. That is still not wise.
    Why? Lol

  2. #3222
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,526

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Of course you believe God does not exist and nature exists. What you cannot scientifically verify is the unscientific idea that the universe just somehow miraculously big banged itself into existence with no help from God.
    Nor can it be verified scientifically or by any other means that the universe required the help of God(s) to be conjured into existence.

  3. #3223
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,526

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    What always existed, God or the universe? How can you even begin to prove that either God or the universe or both always existed, ESP?
    Neither.

    Can it be proven that God always existed or exists at all?

    I know no one who claims the Universe always existed, but I find science has provided adequate evidence to show that the Universe had an initial beginning many billions of years ago.

  4. #3224
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,324
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    ...I've asked more than once, without inserting religion/religious beliefs, what useful purpose does belief in a Gods existence provide us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I know that to be true: I know I've answered your question. What I believe is that you cannot tell us what my answer was. But I can tell you why you can't tell us what my answer was, and I shall tell you why once you admit to not being able to tell us what my answer was. How's that for laying our cards on the table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    Basically, the closest thing to answering my question was that you believe God to be the best answer as the initial cause.
    Do you feel you've provided a better answer than that one?
    This is even more hopeless than I predicted. You don't even seem to understand your own question, let alone my answer to your question.

    Your question was what practical (useful) difference the existence of God made.
    My answer was that it meant the difference between hope and despair, meaning and unmeaning.
    Does that ring a bell?

    The reason you don't remember either your own question or my answer to your question is that you're really not paying attention in our exchanges of posts. This accounts for your unresponsiveness to my posts, something I've repeatedly complained about.
    And the reason you're not paying attention is that your mind is closed to any real discussion of the matter. You're simply waiting for your turn to ignore what I've posted and put forward again your own thesis that Nature accounts for everything.

    On that last point, you've ignored repeated posts pointing out that Nature cannot account for Nature, that according to one of the main doctrines of your religious belief, the doctrines of natural science or scientific naturalism, Nature had a beginning and one cannot reasonably rely on what only began X number of years ago to explain the beginning of what only began X number of years ago.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  5. #3225
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,324
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You dismiss anyone who gives you evidence you can not handle by calling them your favorite pet name rather than responding to the debate.

    Our only recourse is to treat your argument as unfounded
    What evidence are you referring to? That one scientist a hundred years ago questioned the prevailing theory?
    What recourse you find in your closed mind is your business.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  6. #3226
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,324
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Is it possible you don't agree with my definition of God because you don't understand it?
    Is it possible you don't agree with my definition of God because you can't dismiss it, as you can your preferred definition -- "supernatural being"?
    Is it possible Angel doesn't given a tinker's damn what anyone else believes or disbelieves in this matter and is merely post, like you, as amusement?
    Is it possible for an Internet Skeptic to understand that God exists or God doesn't exist regardless of what anyone believes of disbelieves?

    Anyway, my definition is so good, it bears repeating.

    Definition of God:

    Desideratum Ultimum et Explanans Mundi
    (roughly the necessary ground of all that exists)
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's your subjective definition of god, there are 7 billion other people with their own subjective definitions, most of which contradict yours. You spend every waking moment you're on this forum attacking people who don't believe like you and trying to get them to believe exactly what you do because you have a deep seeded need to be validated.

    Otherwise you wouldn't be so hostile to everyone for not believing what you want them to and wouldn't create countless threads attacking and insulting them. The real question is WHY is it so important that everyone believes what you do?
    Does your response mean you do understand my definition?
    And have I been "hostile" to you in our exchange of posts?

    As for your psychological profile of me, all I can say, again, is that we're both posting for the same reason: amusement. I have no more interest in winning you over to belief than you have in winning me over to disbelief. I for my part am offering reasons to believe. And you?

    As for the definition of God and the 7 million, the 7 million by and large accept their religious beliefs about God. I'm doing philosophy.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  7. #3227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57,894

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    What evidence are you referring to? That one scientist a hundred years ago questioned the prevailing theory?
    What recourse you find in your closed mind is your business.
    Actually I provided at least half a dozen. Which of course you did not read.

    But the bottom line is no proof for can can ever exist in science. Science does not offer proofs. To use science to bolster your argument for proof fails on the face of it

  8. #3228
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,526

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    This is even more hopeless than I predicted. You don't even seem to understand your own question, let alone my answer to your question.

    Your question was what practical (useful) difference the existence of God made.
    My answer was that it meant the difference between hope and despair, meaning and unmeaning.
    Does that ring a bell?

    The reason you don't remember either your own question or my answer to your question is that you're really not paying attention in our exchanges of posts. This accounts for your unresponsiveness to my posts, something I've repeatedly complained about.
    And the reason you're not paying attention is that your mind is closed to any real discussion of the matter. You're simply waiting for your turn to ignore what I've posted and put forward again your own thesis that Nature accounts for everything.

    On that last point, you've ignored repeated posts pointing out that Nature cannot account for Nature, that according to one of the main doctrines of your religious belief, the doctrines of natural science or scientific naturalism, Nature had a beginning and one cannot reasonably rely on what only began X number of years ago to explain the beginning of what only began X number of years ago.
    I agree, this IS hopeless.

    Yes, I recall that, but it doesn't help prove the existence of God.

    The topic is "Proof of God" so why would you want me to present a thesis on Nature. Either you can or you cannot provide Proof of God.
    Again, I'm NOT trying to prove God does not exist, simply that I've seen no evidence presented to the contrary.

    You've neither proven that Nature cannot account or Nature.

    But still, why are you so obsessed with a need for others to believe in the existence of God?

    IF your belief gives you hope and meaning, I accept that. I find hope and meaning without need of a God. You seem unable to accept that. WHY?

  9. #3229
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,336

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    And your criticism of the argument "suffers from the same problem as the rest of your worthless" criticisms -- they're all unsupported dismissals.
    #1 is a conditional based on a scientific theory. Cut the crap.
    Still no attempt to support you claims just diversions and insults.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #3230
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,336

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. But you insist on talking. Fine. That's your right. You have a right to be wrong, and a right to insist that you're right even when wrong. Enjoy the empowerment. It doesn't alter the state of affairs one iota.
    The irony
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •