Page 266 of 621 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6202

Thread: Proof of God

  1. #2651
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,461
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    When you ask questions that have nothing to do with the proof you claim to possess, I find no useful purpose in answering them.

    Your beliefs are all you seem to be capable of presenting, claiming them to be proof. While I admit truthfully that I have no proven/provable knowledge of what initiated the creation of the universe in which we live, living organisms including ourselves, or conscious thinking minds, neither have I seen ANYONE produce proven/provable knowledge of the existence of God(s).

    I have no need for you or others NOT to believe in God and simply wonder why you and/or others feel a need for me and others to believe in God.
    So you don't engage my arguments why? Because they're not "proofs"?
    Where did you get the idea that I need anything of you, let alone need of you a belief in God? This is a remarkable confession!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  2. #2652
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,461
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    You only believe that knowledge is a matter of belief. Any statement using the word "is" indicates that that statement claims knowledge of something. But one can't possibly know something if everything is a belief.
    You only believe this tripe.
    Knowledge is a matter of degrees of belief.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  3. #2653
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,549

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    So you don't engage my arguments why? Because they're not "proofs"?
    Exactly, they're simply unfounded beliefs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Where did you get the idea that I need anything of you, let alone need of you a belief in God? This is a remarkable confession!
    Simply an observation.

  4. #2654
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,549

    Re: Proof of God

    Knowledge may well be a matter of degrees of belief, but only because of the evidence of proof backing it.
    Last edited by Individual; 03-08-20 at 06:47 AM.

  5. #2655
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,360

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Yes, you got it from the dictionary. We got that. That was clear from the get-go.
    Now we're trying to get you to support your choice of dictionary definition since there are several definitions under the entry for the word "belief."
    You seemed to say that you chose that particular definition because it accorded with what you wanted to say, but when I tried to pin you down on this you balked.
    I didnt balk
    As to why I used that one, it is because it conveyed the meaning I was trying to express.
    What other reason could anyone have for using one definition over another?
    If I said "I am gay" does that mean I am happy or a homosexual? Obvioulsy whichever one I meant would be the definition I was using.
    Last edited by Quag; 03-08-20 at 07:30 AM.

  6. #2656
    Phlegmatic
    devildavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,373

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    You only believe this tripe.
    Knowledge is a matter of degrees of belief.
    What determines the degree of a belief? Another belief?
    Remember Bowling Green! Remember Atlanta! Remember Sweden!

  7. #2657
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,461
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    What determines the degree of a belief? Another belief?
    Justification. Which turns on other beliefs, yes.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  8. #2658
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,461
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I didnt balk
    As to why I used that one, it is because it conveyed the meaning I was trying to express.
    What other reason could anyone have for using one definition over another?
    If I said "I am gay" does that mean I am happy or a homosexual? Obvioulsy whichever one I meant would be the definition I was using.
    That's what I said: "You chose that particular definition because it accorded with what you wanted to say."

    Now we're getting somewhere.

    So you back up your definition of "belief" by reference to a dictionary, and you back up your choice of that particular definition among several definitions offered by the dictionary "because it conveyed the meaning I was trying to express."

    Are we on the same page here?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  9. #2659
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,461
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    Exactly, they're simply unfounded beliefs.

    Simply an observation.
    If you don't engage the arguments, on what basis is your dismissal?

    An observation based on what? That was the question.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  10. #2660
    Guru
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,549

    Re: Proof of God

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    If you don't engage the arguments, on what basis is your dismissal?

    An observation based on what? That was the question.
    For me, I simply find what you submit as proof unbelievable.

    An observation of your posts to me and others who disagree with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •