Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 989

Thread: [W:843] How religious thinking works

  1. #811
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,929

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Can Elvira prove that there are little green men on an exoplanet?
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

  2. #812
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,345

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    You ignored the preceding...that is called taking my comment out of context...
    Ignoring your preaching is what most people do.

    Edit: still waiting for your response to pst #796


    What do you claim to not know? (that is what you wish to know)

    There are different definitions of "evidence" one would be to support that which is evident. By that definition there is no evidence that god exists.
    But we will use the legal usage and refer to evidence as that which may support your argument.

  3. #813
    Sage
    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,850

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Ignoring your preaching is what most people do.

    Edit: still waiting for your response to pst #796


    What do you claim to not know? (that is what you wish to know)

    There are different definitions of "evidence" one would be to support that which is evident. By that definition there is no evidence that god exists.
    But we will use the legal usage and refer to evidence as that which may support your argument.
    lol...you respond, don't you?
    "Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 5:6

  4. #814
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,345

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    lol...you respond, don't you?
    You don't answer inconvenient questions.

    What do you claim to not know? (that is what you wish to know)

    There are different definitions of "evidence" one would be to support that which is evident. By that definition there is no evidence that god exists.
    But we will use the legal usage and refer to evidence as that which may support your argument.

  5. #815
    Sage
    devildavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,222

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    lol...your so called evidences are theories at best...
    What is a theory?
    Remember Bowling Green! Remember Atlanta! Remember Sweden!

  6. #816
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,929

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    There are no shreds of evidence for the tall tales in the Bible.
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

  7. #817
    Tricks and Tweets
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,107

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    @ thread OP...My personal observations and life experiences tell me that most of the religious think as they were told to think during their religious exposure/indoctrination in their youth. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule.

  8. #818
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,887

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    What is a theory?
    In specific, let's limit the definition to a 'scientific theory', since the subject was about what could be known.

    I have a prediction that question will be avoided or deflected, based on analysis of previous behaviors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."

  9. #819
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,632

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Do you claim a world wide flood actually happened?
    Since you've apparently never noticed, I don't engage in discussions such as this.

  10. #820
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,632

    re: [W:843] How religious thinking works

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Do you believe that Jonah was swallowed by a whale?
    As I've just replied to RAMOSS, I refuse to engage in discussions such as this.

Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •