Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 583

Thread: Turning against Jesus

  1. #421
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,938

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Can you show your source is not tied up with pagan beliefs? I doubt it...
    And, if you point to a source that I use, and be willing to actually examine it, and narrow down the specific claim I am making, I will certainly oblige you. What specific claim are you saying is 'pagan'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."

  2. #422
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,482

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbear View Post
    The geological record actually shows it is the case. 4400 years is close enough.
    What?

    Are you saying we have records for only 4,400 years?

  3. #423
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,952

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    What?

    Are you saying we have records for only 4,400 years?
    He is wrong about that. The geological records is millions and millions of years old. Fact. Damascus has been continually occupied for 11,000 years but he ignores that fact like the plague.
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

  4. #424
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    On the Internet
    Last Seen
    09-06-19 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    361

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I recognize the validity of the context of the original texts, thus the betrayal is not mine.



    Evolution and intuitive primacy, based upon a collective desire to survive.


    OM
    We evolved morality? Okay, then let me pose a question. Say you and I disagree ideologically, which we do. Say that my ideology says that I should kill you because you do not subscribe to it. Am I moral in thinking so? Is morality subjective? I mean, I evolved that moral compass, didn't I?

  5. #425
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    On the Internet
    Last Seen
    09-06-19 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    361

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Not anti-Semitic at all. Rather, I was taught and mentored for years by a Levite hermeneutic. Would you refer to an authoritative Levite as an anti-Semite?


    OM
    I would say that if you are a Levite, then you should really get back in touch with your roots. Judaism is the only religion in the world that has validity besides Christianity, and only because the second incorporates the first--not betrays it--with the additional teachings of Christ.

    Regardless, a Levite denying the existence of Adam, Eve, Noah, and Moses is astounding to me.

  6. #426
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,952

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jek4141 View Post
    I would say that if you are a Levite, then you should really get back in touch with your roots. Judaism is the only religion in the world that has validity besides Christianity, and only because the second incorporates the first--not betrays it--with the additional teachings of Christ.

    Regardless, a Levite denying the existence of Adam, Eve, Noah, and Moses is astounding to me.
    Why isn't Hinuism valid?
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

  7. #427
    Sage
    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,911

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Why isn't Hinuism valid?
    lol...what is Hinuism?
    "He has told you, O man, what is good.
    And what is Jehovah requiring of you?
    Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty,
    And to walk in modesty with your God!" Micah 6:8

  8. #428
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    On the Internet
    Last Seen
    09-06-19 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    361

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Where does it say that?




    Why do you believe any human was created immortal?




    Has this "sin gene" ever been discovered?
    I'm not aware of it - what makes you believe it exists?




    So because Eve ate the fruit of the forbidden tree, the sin gene was created to make man susceptible to disease and insects?

    Where do you get this from?
    What is your source?

    What was the point of creating the AIDS virus in the 1980's because no-one seemed to get it since then and now up to 35 million may have died from it.



    As for the flood, it does not happen in the first chapter, but in the first book, of the Bible, and it happens as an act of punishment for the wickedness of man. What this should speak to is the incredible wickedness of the age, such that the only just and righteous man God could find within it was Noah and his family.

    .


    ...
    The very existence of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil indicates the opportunity of choice, and because man chose to serve themselves rather than God (Gen. 3), sin enters the world, and through sin, death. The use of the word "gene" is metaphorical in my above quote, meant to indicate that every human being has the sin nature embedded within them from conception. Secondly, God did not "create" sin; sin is the result of straying from God. Sin is the choice to self serve. Look at any recent news article on mass shootings or terrorism, or scan histories many and bloody wars, for all the evidence you need of the gene's existence.

    As for the AIDS virus, just because a disease has not been diagnosed up to a point does not mean it did not exist. The Native Americans infected exploring Europeans with syphilis without their knowledge during the age of exploration. As for AIDS reason, the answer is self obvious: as a sexually transmitted disease, it can be seen as punishment for sexual impurity.

  9. #429
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    On the Internet
    Last Seen
    09-06-19 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    361

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Why isn't Hinuism valid?
    Another popular question. Why are other religions invalid?

    Ravi Zacharias does a far better job explaining this with me, so I'd recommend you watch some of his speeches for greater detail, but I'll lay out his basic points. According to Ravi, every religion or worldview is burdened by its ability to answer four questions: origin, meaning, morality, and destiny. Each of these must further be supported by three tests: logical consistency, empirical adequacy, and experiential relevance. No matter how close some other religions may get, Christianity is the only one to effectively answer all four of these questions with all three of the tests of truth.

  10. #430
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,952

    Re: Turning against Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jek4141 View Post
    Another popular question. Why are other religions invalid?

    Ravi Zacharias does a far better job explaining this with me, so I'd recommend you watch some of his speeches for greater detail, but I'll lay out his basic points. According to Ravi, every religion or worldview is burdened by its ability to answer four questions: origin, meaning, morality, and destiny. Each of these must further be supported by three tests: logical consistency, empirical adequacy, and experiential relevance. No matter how close some other religions may get, Christianity is the only one to effectively answer all four of these questions with all three of the tests of truth.
    You are saying that Christianity is logical? A dead guy coming back to life?

    Bible Inconsistencies - Bible Contradictions

    An Incredible Interactive Chart of Biblical Contradictions | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •