Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 986

Thread: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

  1. #11
    Sage
    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,401

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Stop being moronic.
    The Old Testament is absolutely part of the Christian Bible, and the God of the OT is the same God as the God of the NT.
    Another event to mark on your calendar...we agree...
    "The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things." Acts 17:24,25

  2. #12
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,726

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    And by the way, that would be the Hebrew God of the Bible, not the Christian God.
    Splitting hairs and irrelevant, until you exclude all of those elements from the Bible then all of those influences speak to how Christians define their God, reference actions taken by, and explain them for that system of belief.

    Every single bit of it become relevant in talking about source of morality.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  3. #13
    Ugly bag of mostly water

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,028

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So you admit that those who are pro-abortion are equally as moral as the Christian God of the Bible.

    Nice job.

    It appears there's hope for you after all.
    No, it just cracks me up that the people who murdered an entire generation of what might have been brilliant doctors, scientists, scholars, and inventors come to places like this to sniveling about things they don't even know happened.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  4. #14
    Ugly bag of mostly water

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,028

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Splitting hairs and irrelevant, until you exclude all of those elements from the Bible then all of those influences speak to how Christians define their God, reference actions taken by, and explain them for that system of belief.

    Every single bit of it become relevant in talking about source of morality.
    Fraid not. You will not find anything like that in the NT.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,893

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Fraid not. You will not find anything like that in the NT.
    The OT God is the same God in the NT. So you want us to seriously believe that God woke up one morning and said "Yeah I guess stoning gay people was a bad idea along with all the other horrendous punishments I've given". Another reason man made religions are all bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  6. #16
    Ugly bag of mostly water

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,028

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Stop being moronic.
    The Old Testament is absolutely part of the Christian Bible, and the God of the OT is the same God as the God of the NT.
    So let me get this straight: you came here to complain about a being you say does not exist over an event that you don't even know really happened and you call me "moronic"?
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  7. #17
    Ugly bag of mostly water

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,028

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    The OT God is the same God in the NT. So you want us to seriously believe that God woke up one morning and said "Yeah I guess stoning gay people was a bad idea along with all the other horrendous punishments I've given". Another reason man made religions are all bull****.

    I thought we were talking about Egyptians.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  8. #18
    Ugly bag of mostly water

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,028

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Another event to mark on your calendar...we agree...
    Birds of a feather...although nobody is surprised that you agree with atheists.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  9. #19
    Guru Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,070

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    How would you rate the "morality" of the "Christian God" of the Bible?

    Zero being totally immoral, and ten being the pinnacle of all morality.

    Feel free to cite an example or two (or more if you wish) of why you feel the way you do.

    I'll start with a simple question.

    How is it moral, in any sense of the word, to murder the first born child of anyone regardless of their beliefs?
    Bronze Age mythical deities of that region were not exactly renowned for exemplifying morality.


    OM

  10. #20
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UP of Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,668

    Re: The Morality Of The Christian God Of The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    How would you rate the "morality" of the "Christian God" of the Bible?

    Zero being totally immoral, and ten being the pinnacle of all morality.

    Feel free to cite an example or two (or more if you wish) of why you feel the way you do.

    I'll start with a simple question.

    How is it moral, in any sense of the word, to murder the first born child of anyone regardless of their beliefs?
    God id God regardless of who He is or isn't.

    There is no proof of God.

    We cannot rate God's morality, because he is only reflecting us and acting as our servant.

    We cannot see God clearly because of ourselves.

    So we don't really know what He is but there are indications in nature and scripture fallible, fallible logic and words of others.
    https://azapizzazz.com Always take note of exquisitor. https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-el...elections.html
    Exquisitor exquisitly exquisited an exquisit exquisitorial in the exquisitorium of exquisitation exquisitum exquisitilicious.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •