Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 677

Thread: Your thoughts on Agnostics

  1. #351
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-19 @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,594

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    The Bible does not say that and that is their problem, not mine...
    You are moving the goal posts and deflecting like a professional here.

    I asked you simple question based on your very own posts.
    The fact that you won't answer is quite telling.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,582

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You are moving the goal posts and deflecting like a professional here.

    I asked you simple question based on your very own posts.
    The fact that you won't answer is quite telling.
    I don't agree with your deduction because the Bible does not tell us how old the earth is...how much plainer can I make it? And I cannot help what other people accept as truth anymore than you can...
    No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Fatherís side is the one who has explained Him." John 1:18

  3. #353
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-19 @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,594

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    I don't agree with your deduction because the Bible does not tell us how old the earth is...how much plainer can I make it? And I cannot help what other people accept as truth anymore than you can...
    Okay, forget the age of the Earth part.

    Adam and Eve. How long ago was that? How many years?
    Also, how many years did Adam live?

  4. #354
    Sage

    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,582

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Okay, forget the age of the Earth part.

    Adam and Eve. How long ago was that? How many years?
    Also, how many years did Adam live?
    I believe what the Bible confirms...Adam was created in approximately 4026 BCE...Adam lived to be 930 years old...Genesis 5:1-29...
    No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Fatherís side is the one who has explained Him." John 1:18

  5. #355
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,818

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Wow just wow!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  6. #356
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-19 @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,594

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    I believe what the Bible confirms...Adam was created in approximately 4026 BCE...Adam lived to be 930 years old...Genesis 5:1-29...
    So you're consistent.

    Modern man is roughly 6000 years old per your biblical analogy.
    And Adam lived for 930 years.

    Now, compare that to actual fossils any of us can go physically see in Museums around the world that show without question modern man dates back almost 200,000 years.

    So why can't you see how many people have a great deal of trouble believing what you believe???

    Words in a book, vs actual physical evidence.

  7. #357
    Sage

    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,582

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So you're consistent.

    Modern man is roughly 6000 years old per your biblical analogy.
    And Adam lived for 930 years.

    Now, compare that to actual fossils any of us can go physically see in Museums around the world that show without question modern man dates back almost 200,000 years.

    So why can't you see how many people have a great deal of trouble believing what you believe???

    Words in a book, vs actual physical evidence.
    Man is fallible, history has proven that...God is infallible, history has proven that...
    No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Fatherís side is the one who has explained Him." John 1:18

  8. #358
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,160

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Man is fallible, history has proven that...God is infallible, history has proven that...
    Which god are you talking about?

    Vertually all of them have come and gone.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-19 @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,594

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Man is fallible, history has proven that...God is infallible, history has proven that...
    What's "fallible" when it comes to actual fossil evidence?
    There are mummies almost as old as you claim all of human life to be.

    And again, your tragically huge irony is that the bible, every single word of it, was written by fallible men.

    You can not claim the bible is infallible if you also claim man is fallible.

  10. #360
    Sage

    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,582

    Re: Your thoughts on Agnostics

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    Which god are you talking about?

    Vertually all of them have come and gone.
    Jehovah of course...Psalm 102:25-27...
    No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Fatherís side is the one who has explained Him." John 1:18

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •