Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,378 of 2378

Thread: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

  1. #2371
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    Hardly, given the fact that you have yet to identify a single specifically American value or concept that is specifically based on Christianity.
    At the time of the Constitution, many states still had state religious establishments, but the new federal government was barred, in the First Amendment, from erecting its own, or from requiring religious tests for public officials. The paradox can be seen in the fact that the Declaration of Independence, which forms the ideological bedrock of our system, directly invokes the Creator as the source of our inalienable human rights and concludes with “a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,” while the Constitution, which creates and constrains our federal government, makes no mention of God. What are "inalienable" human rights? The answer is the right to own our own property. Property includes land and money. This is Divine Providence that gives us this, a Christian concept. The Constitution thus disallows the Federal Government from taking away any of our property. That's why you see some who refuse to pay their taxes. Socialism has infiltrated our Federal Government and it's Godless concepts now take as much property from us as we allow them to. Conservatives try to open up the consciousness of liberals to lower taxes and for some, stop taxing altogether. It's a Christian principle. That's just one point for now. chew on it for a while.

  2. #2372
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,842

    Re: What do we replace religion with?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Religion is irreplaceable.
    I believe this is what Peterson is saying too.
    Namaste.
    The vast majority of the worlds people have already rejected what you claim as religion.

  3. #2373
    WhiteKnightTalkingBackwrd
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,778

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbear View Post
    Well, you proved my point. You couldn't even state the other holy texts you seem to be using to confuse yourself with the Bible. And, yes, you are confused about the Bible.
    What part of the bible am I confused about ? *specifics*,plz.....
    Last edited by Logician Man; 07-11-19 at 08:51 PM.
    " White Bird in a golden cage,on a winter's day, in the rain, alone...White Bird must fly, or she will die..." - It's a Beautiful Day -

  4. #2374
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    392

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbear View Post
    At the time of the Constitution, many states still had state religious establishments, but the new federal government was barred, in the First Amendment, from erecting its own, or from requiring religious tests for public officials. The paradox can be seen in the fact that the Declaration of Independence, which forms the ideological bedrock of our system, directly invokes the Creator as the source of our inalienable human rights and concludes with “a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,” while the Constitution, which creates and constrains our federal government, makes no mention of God. What are "inalienable" human rights? The answer is the right to own our own property. Property includes land and money. This is Divine Providence that gives us this, a Christian concept. The Constitution thus disallows the Federal Government from taking away any of our property. That's why you see some who refuse to pay their taxes. Socialism has infiltrated our Federal Government and it's Godless concepts now take as much property from us as we allow them to. Conservatives try to open up the consciousness of liberals to lower taxes and for some, stop taxing altogether. It's a Christian principle. That's just one point for now. chew on it for a while.
    You seem to be claiming that the idea of private property ownership is a Christian principle. Where are you getting that?

    And by the way, the DoI is not a legal document that defines anything about what the USA actually is.

  5. #2375
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    What part of the bible am I confused about ? *specifics*,plz.....
    Let's start with what the Bible is.

  6. #2376
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    You seem to be claiming that the idea of private property ownership is a Christian principle. Where are you getting that?

    And by the way, the DoI is not a legal document that defines anything about what the USA actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    You seem to be claiming that the idea of private property ownership is a Christian principle. Where are you getting that?

    And by the way, the DoI is not a legal document that defines anything about what the USA actually is.
    And, we see the shoddy Educational system that has been erected to keep true history from people. Especially our young people. Instead, the educators fill our children full of hatred towards our founding fathers and our Creator, Jesus Christ. Anyone should know why the Pilgrims left Europe and who they were. If you don't, then I rest my case about the educational system in the U.S. And, you should know the reasons why we declared our independence which had to do with England's attempt to control and steal more of the colony's wealth with heavy taxation. The sad thing is, that tax wasn't close to what our government taxes successful people today. The DOI is our founding document. Without it, there is no Constitution. The basis of our Constitution is based on our declaration for independence. You can't have the Constitution without the DOI. The founding fathers believed in God and at that time, it was the Christian God. Not, Muslim or Jew. Not Buddha or Hindu. Ugggg!!!

    Here is just a point concerning the nation being a Christian Nation and what is taught in the Bible. God did not ask that we contribute 100% of what we earned or our wealth. He asked 10%. And, He didn't force us to pay it either. Thus, God allowed us to be free and in control of our earnings and wealth. If we decide to join him and his Church, then we pay the 10% to help build up the kingdom of God on the earth. Put skin in the game. Thus, Christianity has this concept that private property ownership is a Biblical principle. When it was stated we have the "right to pursue happiness" that statement first read, "right to pursue property." Look it up. It was changed. But, that's what "happiness" was referring to.

    It's funny how liberals are now throwing around the DOI and the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (property) when it's not a legal document. The DOI means a lot. And, we have the right to throw off those who would become our dictators and destroy our life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In a good sense, the DOI means more than the Constitution.

  7. #2377
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,976

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbear View Post
    And, we see the shoddy Educational system that has been erected to keep true history from people. Especially our young people. Instead, the educators fill our children full of hatred towards our founding fathers and our Creator, Jesus Christ. Anyone should know why the Pilgrims left Europe and who they were. If you don't, then I rest my case about the educational system in the U.S. And, you should know the reasons why we declared our independence which had to do with England's attempt to control and steal more of the colony's wealth with heavy taxation. The sad thing is, that tax wasn't close to what our government taxes successful people today. The DOI is our founding document. Without it, there is no Constitution. The basis of our Constitution is based on our declaration for independence. You can't have the Constitution without the DOI. The founding fathers believed in God and at that time, it was the Christian God. Not, Muslim or Jew. Not Buddha or Hindu. Ugggg!!!

    Here is just a point concerning the nation being a Christian Nation and what is taught in the Bible. God did not ask that we contribute 100% of what we earned or our wealth. He asked 10%. And, He didn't force us to pay it either. Thus, God allowed us to be free and in control of our earnings and wealth. If we decide to join him and his Church, then we pay the 10% to help build up the kingdom of God on the earth. Put skin in the game. Thus, Christianity has this concept that private property ownership is a Biblical principle. When it was stated we have the "right to pursue happiness" that statement first read, "right to pursue property." Look it up. It was changed. But, that's what "happiness" was referring to.

    It's funny how liberals are now throwing around the DOI and the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (property) when it's not a legal document. The DOI means a lot. And, we have the right to throw off those who would become our dictators and destroy our life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In a good sense, the DOI means more than the Constitution.
    What about the children of American Muslims and American Jews? Uuuug? What is that supposed to mean?
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

  8. #2378
    WhiteKnightTalkingBackwrd
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,778

    Re: What do we replace religion with?[W:675]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbear View Post
    Let's start with what the Bible is.
    OK. Tell us what the bible is.
    " White Bird in a golden cage,on a winter's day, in the rain, alone...White Bird must fly, or she will die..." - It's a Beautiful Day -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •