Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

  1. #1
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,896

    Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    "This case demonstrates that even relatively small domestic animals may be able to inflict lethal injuries," pathologists involved in the research said.

    An elderly Australian woman collecting eggs on her farm was fatally pecked by a rooster who targeted the victim's varicose veins, researchers said.

    The findings, published in the journal Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology, were meant to show how even the smallest, most unthreatening animals can still inflict deadly wounds, according to University of Adelaide pathology professor Roger Byard and forensic pathologist Judith Fronczek.
    ================================================
    Not too far from the wild despite many thousands of generations in domestication.

    The chilling part is that the bird went for her obvious varicose veins, causing her to bleed to death.

    Note to self: don't take up egg or chicken farming.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,521

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Roosters can be vicious. I had a friend that was attacked by one....he got her in the back with his claws.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,123

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    "This case demonstrates that even relatively small domestic animals may be able to inflict lethal injuries," pathologists involved in the research said.

    An elderly Australian woman collecting eggs on her farm was fatally pecked by a rooster who targeted the victim's varicose veins, researchers said.

    The findings, published in the journal Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology, were meant to show how even the smallest, most unthreatening animals can still inflict deadly wounds, according to University of Adelaide pathology professor Roger Byard and forensic pathologist Judith Fronczek.
    ================================================
    Not too far from the wild despite many thousands of generations in domestication.

    The chilling part is that the bird went for her obvious varicose veins, causing her to bleed to death.

    Note to self: don't take up egg or chicken farming.
    Well, this is a horrible story. I can't blame the rooster. He was just doing what his instincts told him to do. She must have been too nice to wring his neck. That was the appropriate response.

  4. #4
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    14,190

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    "This case demonstrates that even relatively small domestic animals may be able to inflict lethal injuries," pathologists involved in the research said.

    An elderly Australian woman collecting eggs on her farm was fatally pecked by a rooster who targeted the victim's varicose veins, researchers said.

    The findings, published in the journal Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology, were meant to show how even the smallest, most unthreatening animals can still inflict deadly wounds, according to University of Adelaide pathology professor Roger Byard and forensic pathologist Judith Fronczek.
    ================================================
    Not too far from the wild despite many thousands of generations in domestication.

    The chilling part is that the bird went for her obvious varicose veins, causing her to bleed to death.

    Note to self: don't take up egg or chicken farming.
    blood thirsty cock










    "Our children are the messengers we're sending to a future that we'll never see"
    Barack Obama 10/25/19



  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,123

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    blood thirsty cock
    Not really. He was doing what he was meant to do. He was defending his females and their young. Just acting on his genetic programming. If I'd been this lady, I'd have grabbed him by the neck and wrung it. End of story. If it's a choice between him and me, I choose me. That doesn't mean I don't respect the rooster who fought to protect his territory.

  6. #6
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    14,190

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Not really. He was doing what he was meant to do. He was defending his females and their young. Just acting on his genetic programming. If I'd been this lady, I'd have grabbed him by the neck and wrung it. End of story. If it's a choice between him and me, I choose me. That doesn't mean I don't respect the rooster who fought to protect his territory.
    He sure knew her weak spot, her varicose veins










    "Our children are the messengers we're sending to a future that we'll never see"
    Barack Obama 10/25/19



  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,123

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    He sure knew her weak spot, her varicose veins
    People who think animals are "dumb" need to think again.

  8. #8
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    14,190

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    People who think animals are "dumb" need to think again.
    Pigs are the most intelligent animals and we slaughter them. Sad










    "Our children are the messengers we're sending to a future that we'll never see"
    Barack Obama 10/25/19



  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,123

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Pigs are the most intelligent animals and we slaughter them. Sad
    Yeah, that bothers me too.

  10. #10
    Sensational
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,494
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rooster pecked Australian woman to death, medical journal reports

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Well, this is a horrible story. I can't blame the rooster. He was just doing what his instincts told him to do. She must have been too nice to wring his neck. That was the appropriate response.
    I can. KILL IT! Show it NO mercy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •