View Poll Results: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 57.89%
  • No

    6 31.58%
  • Other- I'll explain

    0 0%
  • I don't know

    2 10.53%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

  1. #1
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,908

    Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Peter Dutton’s department blocked a white South African farmer’s asylum bid because its evidence showed “the vast majority of crimes against whites are not racially motivated”. The man told the immigration department he was the victim of a serious attack at his home in 1998, where his wife and another five people were murdered, and he was left with serious injuries. The claim was corroborated by media reporting.

    In a second case, a delegate for Dutton rejected an asylum bid by a white South African woman after the woman asked for Australia’s protection, who claimed her and her son would be targeted in South Africa “because they are ethnically white South Africans”. Dutton’s delegate argued there was no evidence to support her claims of racial persecution.
    If she returns to South Africa, she has stated she will be subject to harm as a single, white female and her son will be subject to harm because he is white and as a child he may be the victim of child rape.

    While living in South Africa, she was the victim of a home invasion where the thieves drove over her in the car they stole from her father, dragging her along as she was stuck under the car.

    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ers-asylum-bid

    1504620 (Refugee) [2016] AATA 4343 (15 August 2016)
    Some facts about life in South Africa-

    •There were 19,000 murders in South Africa last year, more than in the United States, which has a population size 6 times as big as South Africa.

    •1 in 3 women living in South Africa will be raped in their lifetime.

    • HIV rates amongst South Africans are so high, that many women and children who survive being raped there are at enormous risk of being infected with the disease by their rapist.
    ------------------------

    Australia granted 12,000 visas to Syrians due to extreme violence in their home country. Australia is a great country with only 24 million people. They should help white South Africans who need to get out of a hellish country.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ou_a_23192126/

  2. #2
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,293

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Some facts about life in South Africa-

    •There were 19,000 murders in South Africa last year, more than in the United States, which has a population size 6 times as big as South Africa.

    •1 in 3 women living in South Africa will be raped in their lifetime.

    • HIV rates amongst South Africans are so high, that many women and children who survive being raped there are at enormous risk of being infected with the disease by their rapist.
    ------------------------

    Australia granted 12,000 visas to Syrians due to extreme violence in their home country. Australia is a great country with only 24 million people. They should help white South Africans who need to get out of a hellish country.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ou_a_23192126/
    Absolutely.

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Did Australia grant asylum to black South Africans during apartheid? No. So they shouldn't grant asylum to white South Africans.

    White South Africans still have an economic and social advantage oved black South Africans, so it's a silly question.

  4. #4
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,908

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Absolutely.
    Vote!

  5. #5
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,908

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    Did Australia grant asylum to black South Africans during apartheid?
    Did they apply?


    No. So they shouldn't grant asylum to white South Africans.

    White South Africans still have an economic and social advantage oved black South Africans, so it's a silly question.
    How do you propose to change that?

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    1) Did they apply?




    2) How do you propose to change that?
    1) I doubt they were allowed to apply, and even if they were, they didn't have the financial means to leave.

    2) I don't know, but talking about asylum for the people who are in the financially and socially dominant position is silly.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    09-16-18 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    10,573

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    Did Australia grant asylum to black South Africans during apartheid? No. So they shouldn't grant asylum to white South Africans.

    White South Africans still have an economic and social advantage oved black South Africans, so it's a silly question.
    Nations can change their policies, but now, Australia is granting asylum to Syrians who are in fear of violence, so they should also grant asylum to white from South Africa who are in the same danger of violence.

    What happened yesterday is over. The whites dying in South Africa today should not be arbitrarily left to die because Australia did not have a policy of taking in blacks there during Apartheid. And, keep in mind that it was difficult to determine who was the victim and who was the perpetrator during Apartheid, since the vast majority of blacks were killed by other blacks. It not like they were an identifiable or at-risk group. Today, a race (whites) is actually being targeted due to the color of their skin. That's a huge difference, there.

  8. #8
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    50,963

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Some facts about life in South Africa-

    •There were 19,000 murders in South Africa last year, more than in the United States, which has a population size 6 times as big as South Africa.

    •1 in 3 women living in South Africa will be raped in their lifetime.

    • HIV rates amongst South Africans are so high, that many women and children who survive being raped there are at enormous risk of being infected with the disease by their rapist.
    ------------------------

    Australia granted 12,000 visas to Syrians due to extreme violence in their home country. Australia is a great country with only 24 million people. They should help white South Africans who need to get out of a hellish country.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ou_a_23192126/
    No. The moronic idea that higher crime rates in home country A (compared to those in richer target country B) should become the basis for granting asylum would allow a huge portion of the world's population to choose to emigrate to (by seeking asylum in) lower crime rate (and better economic opportunity) nations.

    That same logic (disparate crime rates?) would allow mass migrations (via asylum seekers) from high crime nations (or specific areas/cities within them?) to many other nations in the world. For example, much of Central America has far higher crime rates than the US or Australia do.

    https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 04-15-18 at 08:39 AM. Reason: add link
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    09-16-18 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    10,573

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    1) I doubt they were allowed to apply, and even if they were, they didn't have the financial means to leave.

    2) I don't know, but talking about asylum for the people who are in the financially and socially dominant position is silly.
    Finances and social dominance has nothing to do with being targeted for violence.

    Be real, now.

    Besides, the Syrians that are being taken in are coming with no money to their names as well.

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: Should Australia Grant Asylum to White South Africans Due to Violence from Blacks

    Quote Originally Posted by HowardBThiname View Post
    Nations can change their policies, but now, Australia is granting asylum to Syrians who are in fear of violence, so they should also grant asylum to white from South Africa who are in the same danger of violence.

    What happened yesterday is over. The whites dying in South Africa today should not be arbitrarily left to die because Australia did not have a policy of taking in blacks there during Apartheid. And, keep in mind that it was difficult to determine who was the victim and who was the perpetrator during Apartheid, since the vast majority of blacks were killed by other blacks. It not like they were an identifiable or at-risk group. Today, a race (whites) is actually being targeted due to the color of their skin. That's a huge difference, there.
    Are you seriously questioning who was the victim in Apartheid South Africa? Go to hell.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •