Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: WoW Classic

  1. #1
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,268

    WoW Classic

    Anyone playing the WoW classic?

    I started up a character for fun I dont think ill have the time to make it a serious thing

  2. #2
    Educator

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: WoW Classic

    I use to play back in the days when you had to pay $14.99 a month to do so. After I leveled my character up as far as I could I couldn't justify spending the money anymore -- lost it's entertainment value. But let me know what you think. I might consider it again if I ever get bored with ESO.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon


    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WoW Classic

    I have an inkling that I may want to but I can’t justify the time commitment and just the whole MMO format, way back in the day I played lord of the rings online with three top level characters with top raiding guilds putting in insane amounts of time in crafting and raiding and I just know that as much as I’d like to have a guild and maybe raid again as that would be the ultimate goal and the good thing with WoW classic is it would remain fairly stable to learn how to do all the stuff with any class... again I just know I physically cannot put in the time.

    I like Warcraft, love the lore, played the game ages ago and it is somewhat tempting.

  4. #4
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,460

    Re: WoW Classic

    I almost feel light firing it up just to play the old Alterac Valley 40x40 fights. Those were fun.
    ďA young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.Ē ― C.S. Lewis

  5. #5
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    28,046

    Re: WoW Classic

    I doubt it. I played 2007-2014, then on/off for two years (ie, letting sub lapse periodically when I got sick of it). My old friends still seem to play for a couple months after each expansion but I just don't see the point. It's the same damn thing over and over again.

    My father got me into ESO last fall and I've been playing that. It's different enough that I can enjoy it, especially in the sense that it's very much designed so you can focus on single-player stuff. Though I probably want to start doing dungeons. Don't think I'll ever get back into anything like proper raiding (they don't have raids in ESO, but there are various tiers of difficulty for dungeons and "pledges" whatever those are...haven't looked into it). But then, I think I've reached the point where I don't actually have the drive to be at the "top" in any game. Now I just screw around and enjoy myself.

  6. #6
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,394

    Re: WoW Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    I doubt it. I played 2007-2014, then on/off for two years (ie, letting sub lapse periodically when I got sick of it). My old friends still seem to play for a couple months after each expansion but I just don't see the point. It's the same damn thing over and over again.

    My father got me into ESO last fall and I've been playing that. It's different enough that I can enjoy it, especially in the sense that it's very much designed so you can focus on single-player stuff. Though I probably want to start doing dungeons. Don't think I'll ever get back into anything like proper raiding (they don't have raids in ESO, but there are various tiers of difficulty for dungeons and "pledges" whatever those are...haven't looked into it). But then, I think I've reached the point where I don't actually have the drive to be at the "top" in any game. Now I just screw around and enjoy myself.
    ESO has raids. Theyíre 12 man instances they call Trials, and they have different difficulty levels. The mechanics are a lot simpler than retail WoW. Iím in a couple of trading guilds that does Trial fun runs during the week.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #7
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,394

    Re: WoW Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Anyone playing the WoW classic?

    I started up a character for fun I dont think ill have the time to make it a serious thing
    I have a couple of characters and started leveling one, but honestly Iím just not feeling it. I get the whole nostalgia thing for some, but itís not really my thing since I didnít start playing until Wrath. I raid in retail now and have been playing a lot of ESO.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #8
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,268

    Re: WoW Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I have a couple of characters and started leveling one, but honestly I’m just not feeling it. I get the whole nostalgia thing for some, but it’s not really my thing since I didn’t start playing until Wrath. I raid in retail now and have been playing a lot of ESO.
    Well that explains it, wrath was a big step down in difficulty from BC and Vanilla. It was just a completely different style of play

  9. #9
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,394

    Re: WoW Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Well that explains it, wrath was a big step down in difficulty from BC and Vanilla. It was just a completely different style of play
    True, but there are still a lot of similarities that I recall from when I first started playing.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #10
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    18,919

    Re: WoW Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I have an inkling that I may want to but I can’t justify the time commitment and just the whole MMO format, way back in the day I played lord of the rings online with three top level characters with top raiding guilds putting in insane amounts of time in crafting and raiding and I just know that as much as I’d like to have a guild and maybe raid again as that would be the ultimate goal and the good thing with WoW classic is it would remain fairly stable to learn how to do all the stuff with any class... again I just know I physically cannot put in the time.

    I like Warcraft, love the lore, played the game ages ago and it is somewhat tempting.
    Twink out a character at 19, 29, 39, 49 lol.
    ďThere are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.Ē ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •