Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 814

Thread: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

  1. #661
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,120

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Because the unborn has a right to live and the fact that the woman does have to go through such pain and horror is not the fault of the unborn.
    The unborn does not have a right to live, that is indisputable fact.

    BTW, all "right to life" means is that the GOVERNMENT cannot take your life without just cause.

  2. #662
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,120

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    OK how about Nicaragua, they've outright banned abortion, should the USA follow their example? Why or why not?
    Not if it wants to call itself a free country.

  3. #663
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    new zealand.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    I wasn't aware that New Zealand changed the law but if they did than how about Nicaragua? They've outright banned abortion, should the USA be like them in that regard? Why or why not?

    Nicaragua: Abortion Ban Threatens Health and Lives | Human Rights Watch
    Nicaragua’s total ban on abortion is putting women and girls’ health and lives at risk. The country’s 2006 law punishing abortion – without any exceptions, even if pregnancies are life-threatening or resulted from rape – has driven abortions underground. The ban has not stopped abortion, but has made it more unsafe.

    International human rights treaties require governments to respect women’s reproductive rights. Authoritative interpretations of these treaties by United Nations experts and bodies call for the removal of criminal penalties for abortion.
    Of course it is obvious by even asking the question that you do not care about the life or health of women who would dare to make a decision without first consulting a male like you and therefor fall under your umbrella of not being innocent themselves. So i doubt this will have any impact on you.

  4. #664
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    So people are saying on this thread that just because they have certain conditions that apply to abortion in countries such as New Zealand and Nicaragua doesn't mean we should have those same conditions in the USA, alright, fair enough.

  5. #665
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,355

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    So people are saying on this thread that just because they have certain conditions that apply to abortion in countries such as New Zealand and Nicaragua doesn't mean we should have those same conditions in the USA, alright, fair enough.
    No...you never even proved the foundation for your OP: why we should restrict abortion at all?

    So if you cant answer that, then how can anyone answer your OP, or why would they? If we shouldnt restrict abortion, then it would be stupid to look to other countries for their restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  6. #666
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,355

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    Not if it wants to call itself a free country.
    Hi. Your Inbox is full.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  7. #667
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,120

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Hi. Your Inbox is full.
    So is yours! lol

  8. #668
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,355

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    So is yours! lol
    Ack! I'll get to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  9. #669
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,937

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    I wasn't aware that New Zealand changed the law but if they did than how about Nicaragua? They've outright banned abortion, should the USA be like them in that regard? Why or why not?
    Could you explain why you are suggesting that the US adopt laws from some other country. Is your point that the US is incapable of making laws? Why would it make sense to adopt laws from a country that has absolutely no similarity to the US. Why would it be a good idea to be like Nicaragua or New Zealand? And why just those two countries. If we have to be like some other country aren't there better choices than a tiny third world Central American country? What is your point?

  10. #670
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    85,928

    Re: Why Not Ban Abortion Just Like New Zealand?

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    If we have to be like some other country aren't there better choices than a tiny third world Central American country?
    Yes. He also said New Zealand.

Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •