Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 656

Thread: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

  1. #71
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,473

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    Idiotic one line deflection with no facts, no logic, no reasoning (more horrible trolling).

    compared to an actual argument, where I point to reasonings behind my position. Whether you agree or not, at least I can provide reasoning for my position instead of stupidly throwing out statements like they are fact with nothing to support them
    Thatís called a word salad. Thatís not a logical argument.

    I start with the premise that killing innocent people is wrong, and that a baby is an innocent person. Therefore I believe killing babies is wrong in all circumstances. That is an airtight argument and itís really short.

    Your argument is three paragraphs of ďdonít like an abortion donít get oneĒ which says nothing to rebut any pro-life argument and can be disputed at every point.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #72
    Guru
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,254
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Right back 'atcha...and at least we have the Constitution to protect us from your religious beliefs.

    I can say the same about extremist fundamentalists like you, who would be so evil as to deny people the enjoyment of sex outside marriage or gays to marry the one they loved. To deny them is pure, unnecessary evil.

    denial of joy is hardly that big a deal.

  3. #73
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,473

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I do believe in God...on faith. And I believe wholly in His Message of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love.

    I dont need to prove anything to anyone to believe and follow that. Nor am I, according to the Lord, supposed to force my beliefs on anyone else...just share them.
    No you donít, you have an imaginary friend who validates your liberal political positions. You would sacrifice literally nothing for Godís glory.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #74
    Guru
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,254
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questerr View Post
    How is that unrealistic? A return to 1950's era tax brackets as well as overturning the deregulation of the medical industry of the 1970's (forcing it once again to be not-for-profit) would make universal healthcare both affordable for the country and cheap for the average American. Billionaires can afford the few extra percentage points of taxes.
    How very easy it is for you to tell billionaires what they can afford.

    Yet you recoil at the idea of abortion opponents telling women what to do.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    That’s called a word salad. That’s not a logical argument.

    I start with the premise that killing innocent people is wrong, and that a baby is an innocent person. Therefore I believe killing babies is wrong in all circumstances. That is an airtight argument and it’s really short.

    Your argument is three paragraphs of “don’t like an abortion don’t get one” which says nothing to rebut any pro-life argument and can be disputed at every point.
    Infanticide is illegal. Just a FYI.

  6. #76
    Guru
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Smackover, AR.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,254
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaleBulgarian View Post
    I believe President Clinton best described what most of us who are pro-choice support, that abortions should be ďsafe, legal, and rareĒ.
    And yet the Democratic Party has dropped the "rare" from their party platform because they are afraid it might be seen as disapproving of government funding for abortion.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    And yet the Democratic Party has dropped the "rare" from their party platform because they are afraid it might be seen as disapproving of government funding for abortion.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,151

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    And yet the Democratic Party has dropped the "rare" from their party platform because they are afraid it might be seen as disapproving of government funding for abortion.
    Abortion should be legal, free and available on every corner

  9. #79
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,141

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    denial of joy is hardly that big a deal.
    What a sad sad life someone would have that believes that.

    Thank God, that's also a minority opinion.

    Our Lord promised us so much more, and provided for it...in the pleasure of sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  10. #80
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,141

    Re: Can either side give up something so that an intelligent discussion can take place?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    No you don’t, you have an imaginary friend who validates your liberal political positions. You would sacrifice literally nothing for God’s glory.
    Can you please write something that's not remotely some fantasy you dreamed up? There's nothing factual in your post and certainly no counter-argument for your view.

    Good reason for that too...it's not possible to justify your position.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •