Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 377

Thread: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

  1. #1
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,028

    Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Women have many reasons to get abortions. Most of them are legitimate. The only reason to do it that can be ignored by society is a medical emergency, which is not common. No woman or girl who lacks the time, money, and/or ability to take care of a baby should be forced to deliver it anyway. No woman or girl should be forced to suffer the next 8-9 months of her life knowing the baby will never know her and just bounce from one foster home to another. Why do all pro-lifers want this for children? Why do they think the government should decide for pregnant girls and women who will live and die? Why doesn't the government treat pregnant girls and women with the care, respect, and dignity they deserve during the most stressful times of their lives?
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Women have many reasons to get abortions. Most of them are legitimate. The only reason to do it that can be ignored by society is a medical emergency, which is not common. No woman or girl who lacks the time, money, and/or ability to take care of a baby should be forced to deliver it anyway. No woman or girl should be forced to suffer the next 8-9 months of her life knowing the baby will never know her and just bounce from one foster home to another. Why do all pro-lifers want this for children? Why do they think the government should decide for pregnant girls and women who will live and die? Why doesn't the government treat pregnant girls and women with the care, respect, and dignity they deserve during the most stressful times of their lives?
    The posts from the party of small government should be interesting.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,910

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    What is the primary responsibility of government?

  4. #4
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,588

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    What is the primary responsibility of government?
    Preserve personal liberty for its citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by COTO View Post
    Even if this were true (it's not), how many million years do you want to spread the infection over?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  5. #5
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,665
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Women have many reasons to get abortions. Most of them are legitimate. The only reason to do it that can be ignored by society is a medical emergency, which is not common. No woman or girl who lacks the time, money, and/or ability to take care of a baby should be forced to deliver it anyway. No woman or girl should be forced to suffer the next 8-9 months of her life knowing the baby will never know her and just bounce from one foster home to another. Why do all pro-lifers want this for children? Why do they think the government should decide for pregnant girls and women who will live and die? Why doesn't the government treat pregnant girls and women with the care, respect, and dignity they deserve during the most stressful times of their lives?
    I think the answer is obvious... Pro-lifers don't see this as the government "telling a woman what to do", but rather the government "protecting an innocent life".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Racism (negative ideas about groups) was "created" by liberals

  6. #6
    Moral clarity is needed
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,646

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Women have many reasons to get abortions. Most of them are legitimate. The only reason to do it that can be ignored by society is a medical emergency, which is not common. No woman or girl who lacks the time, money, and/or ability to take care of a baby should be forced to deliver it anyway. No woman or girl should be forced to suffer the next 8-9 months of her life knowing the baby will never know her and just bounce from one foster home to another. Why do all pro-lifers want this for children? Why do they think the government should decide for pregnant girls and women who will live and die? Why doesn't the government treat pregnant girls and women with the care, respect, and dignity they deserve during the most stressful times of their lives?
    Just an aside, Blue Donkey: You seem to imply that the lives of children who are in the foster care system or those given up for adoption are not worth living. Are you for the euthanasia of children who are orphans or whose parents do not want to care for them, or are unable to do so?
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I think the answer is obvious... Pro-lifers don't see this as the government "telling a woman what to do", but rather the government "protecting an innocent life".
    The government is already protecting innocent life.

  8. #8
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I think the answer is obvious... Pro-lifers don't see this as the government "telling a woman what to do", but rather the government "protecting an innocent life".
    The only thing an abortion law can be is the government telling girls and women what to do.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  9. #9
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Just an aside, Blue Donkey: You seem to imply that the lives of children who are in the foster care system or those given up for adoption are not worth living. Are you for the euthanasia of children who are orphans or whose parents do not want to care for them, or are unable to do so?
    What I am thinking about is government money, actually. If a child is put in foster care, who pays? The government, of course. Every baby who is put in foster care through a county's publcly funded children's services organization is eating up our tax dollars.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  10. #10
    Moral clarity is needed
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,646

    Re: Pro-lifers: Justify the government telling pregnant women what to do

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    What I am thinking about is government money, actually. If a child is put in foster care, who pays? The government, of course. Every baby who is put in foster care through a county's publcly funded children's services organization is eating up our tax dollars.
    ...Wait a minute. As a conservative and someone who nominally considers himself a decent human being, of all the things that I might complain about my tax dollars being wasted on, caring for children in foster care and welfare programs is not one of them. How is it that a rock-ribbed Republican like me is saying this to someone who claims she is a liberal? You do not believe that tax dollars should go to those vulnerable people unable to care for themselves like children? In what way do you consider yourself a liberal, if I may?

    EDIT: I need to point out that I am pro-choice on the basis of the unique danger presented to women due to pregnancy. I just find most of the ancillary arguments that so many pro-choice people use to justify their stance utterly fatuous if not outright immoral.
    Last edited by Felis Leo; 01-03-20 at 08:37 PM.
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •