Page 126 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1627

Thread: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

  1. #1251
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps2000 View Post
    I have stated that "the only reason for abortion should be rape, incest, risk of death or serious malformation", but I have evolved since then. I don't believe that any longer, I believe a woman should have access to a safe legal abortion.

    Let me rephrase my question. If a woman chooses to have an abortion the man has no right to question it. So, the woman has the right to choose if she becomes a parent or not. My question is, if the woman decides to have the baby and the man doesn't want it, why can't he choose not to be involved?
    Did you evolve on the same day you read about the exciting possibility of walking away from a pregnancy you caused?

  2. #1252
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,013

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Deep down, women despise a sucker.
    Sad that you believe the respect and courtesy gentlemen show a woman means they are suckers.

    We dont think that, it seems it is your own misconception.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #1253
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    01-21-20 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    893

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Sad that you believe the respect and courtesy gentlemen show a woman means they are suckers.

    We dont think that, it seems it is your own misconception.
    Sorry, that's total bull****. Chivalry is dead and women killed it.

    We used to let you live rent free at home with the kids without having to work, as long as you chipped in with the cooking and cleaning - nowadays even suggesting that is a crime.

    We used to stick up for you - you accused us of "mansplaining".

    We used to hold the door open for you and punched other men who tried to steal you from us - you called it toxic masculinity.

    We used to work hard to bring home enough money so we can support you - now it's called the gender pay gap.

    We used to give you flattering compliments about your appearance - now it's called "unwanted sexual attention" or "mini-rape".

    We used to fight and die in wars so you didn't have to - then you complained that there aren't enough women in the military.

    We invented abortion, the pill, tampons, and other essentials to let you live independently - you used it to attack us and force us into paying for child support.

    We invented things like due process, the right to a fair trial, and innocence until proven guilty to protect women from injustice and mob rule - you complained that it is "rape culture" to ask women for proof that they were raped.

    We came up with the greatest, most fitting, and sexually liberating nickname for your vagina - you bashed the president who dared utter it.

    At this stage I don't know what more men could possibly do for you, but I'm sure you'll find a reason to complain about it.

  4. #1254
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,938

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Sorry, that's total bull****. Chivalry is dead and women killed it.

    We used to let you live rent free at home with the kids without having to work, as long as you chipped in with the cooking and cleaning - nowadays even suggesting that is a crime.

    We used to stick up for you - you accused us of "mansplaining".

    We used to hold the door open for you and punched other men who tried to steal you from us - you called it toxic masculinity.

    We used to work hard to bring home enough money so we can support you - now it's called the gender pay gap.

    We used to give you flattering compliments about your appearance - now it's called "unwanted sexual attention" or "mini-rape".

    We used to fight and die in wars so you didn't have to - then you complained that there aren't enough women in the military.

    We invented abortion, the pill, tampons, and other essentials to let you live independently - you used it to attack us and force us into paying for child support.

    We invented things like due process, the right to a fair trial, and innocence until proven guilty to protect women from injustice and mob rule - you complained that it is "rape culture" to ask women for proof that they were raped.

    We came up with the greatest, most fitting, and sexually liberating nickname for your vagina - you bashed the president who dared utter it.

    At this stage I don't know what more men could possibly do for you, but I'm sure you'll find a reason to complain about it.
    There is so much wrong with each and every one of you "points" but I will address the bolded.

    Why do you disrespect the work that a stay at home parent does with such ease?

  5. #1255

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Totally antidotal story that i heard last night but relevant to this thread. I met a male freind of mine at the bar for drinks yesterday. He went to a dating agency the day before. They tried to hard sell him into signing up for the service so he got up and left. The saleswoman chased him down at his car. She offered him 1 free date as a trial. Apparently when he went back in to fill out the paperwork she explained that they have more women than men members. Maybe this is a sales trick to make him think he has a good chance of sucess or maybe its because men are not as interested in forming relationships qith women as women are interested in with men.

    I dont know where to look but i would like to get some data on who ises dating services

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #1256
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    250

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    Did you evolve on the same day you read about the exciting possibility of walking away from a pregnancy you caused?
    No, why would you even think that? Sounds like you're very bitter...

    I didn't walk away from a pregnancy I caused; my girlfriend aborted my first potential child! Hence the very strong feelings concerning this subject.

    So, I'll state my questions again, with more details. Granted this is a hypothetical question, but it could happen.

    If a couple agrees to have sex and if a pregnancy happens, she will abort it. When the pregnancy happens, she changes her mind, not uncommon for humans to do.
    So, what happens then? Is the agreement null and void, just because the woman changed her mind? Should the man have to pay 18 years of child support for a child they both agreed wouldn't happen?

  7. #1257
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,013

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Sorry, that's total bull****. Chivalry is dead and women killed it.
    TL:dr

    Pretty sure only losers believe that. Women love it...respect given is respect returned.

    If you choose to bestow your affections on someone with surface attractiveness or other shallow character attributes and then blame her for sticking with her? That=loser.

    THere are good and bad men and women. Plenty of good ones out there. If you only attract or are attracted to the bad kind...it's you, not the gender in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #1258
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    We used to let you live rent free at home with the kids without having to work, as long as you chipped in with the cooking and cleaning - nowadays even suggesting that is a crime.
    .
    The male attitude that you did all the work and women contributed nothing to the family is untrue and it's what earned all you 'chivalrous' males the the sobriquet of chauvinist.

    We used to work hard to bring home enough money so we can support you - now it's called the gender pay gap.
    .
    You are right; men did work hard and they did provide for families and women did stay home raise children, support them, make the home a refuge and the family a strong unit. They also made the community a vital entity with hours of volunteer work in churches, granges, schools, charity groups, hospitals etc. But along about 1970 men decided unions were bad, quit, and let wages, pensions, health insurance, etc be set by management. Not surprisingly women had to work in order to maintain the family so they stayed in the middle class. Also not surprising since there were no unions to fight for fairness corporations got away with paying women less than men for the same work.

    We used to give you flattering compliments about your appearance - now it's called "unwanted sexual attention" or "mini-rape".
    Be honest; "compliments about appearance" is not what women are now bringing forward.

    We invented abortion, the pill, tampons, and other essentials to let you live independently - you used it to attack us and force us into paying for child support.
    Men did not invent abortion. Women have known which herbs and plants act as abortificient since the dawn of time. The same is true of tampons; women have always known how to make them. Hieroglyphics in pyramids tell of women making tampons out of papyrus. The pill was the idea of Margaret Sanger. The research was was done by Gregory Pincus, an endocrinologist, and but was funded by Katherine McCormick — biologist, women’s rights activist and heiress to the McCormick fortune.


    We invented things like due process, the right to a fair trial, and innocence until proven guilty to protect women from injustice and mob rule - you complained that it is "rape culture" to ask women for proof that they were raped.
    Pfft Men invented those things for themselves while women were still their chattel. Women had to fight Congress, attitudes, men, and culture in order to get them and damn few men approved of the fight

    I don't know what more men could possibly do for you, but I'm sure you'll find a reason to complain about it.
    How about treating women as partners instead of acting like they are all cheats, thieves, liars and skanks.

  9. #1259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    12-31-19 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Men to should be able to opt out of Child Support if they do not want to be a father (legally). The woman can use her legal Constitutional right to birth control if she does not want to or can not support the child on her own. (Of course there are some exceptions).

    This would give men the same rights as women... having a post-conception Opt Out of being a parent and not caring for the child.

    She informs him of pregnancy. He makes hos choice. She retains 100% bodily autonomy and then makes her choice to abort or not.

    There will be some exceptions obviously...

    This argument is about POST CONCEPTION OPTIONS.

    AFTER CONCEPTION.

    Please don't be one of the many that will show up and say... "golly darnit he had his choice when he came... or... he has no choice"

    The woman legally has a choice post-conception.
    The man legally has not choice post-conception...

    THE LAW forces his monetary contribution on the man for the woman's choice. This is a legal argument, not a biological one. Laws can change.

    Without the law he could just walk away. This is about Potentially Changing Child Support Laws to attain EQUAL RIGHTS.

    I am pro choice. I have equal care of my kids. This is a hypothetical argument about creating fairness of post conception choices for men.

    Yes. Practice safe sex and use birth control...

    Thoughts?
    So, you don't believe men who conceive a child should have any responsibility of helping to take care of it? Interesting...

  10. #1260
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Male Post-Conception Opt Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CullingVoices View Post
    So, you don't believe men who conceive a child should have any responsibility of helping to take care of it? Interesting...
    Most of the men buying into the opt-out of support for the child they helped create believe women get abortions only for their selfish convenience and ought to be given the option of an abortion in only about 3% of pregnancies ie rape, incest, risk of death or serious fetal deformity; putting women back into the 19th century when men could divorce or impregnate and simply walk away from any responsibility to support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •