Page 117 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1743

Thread: [W:344:1201]License to Kill

  1. #1161
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,377

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Naked sinner standing before God at the White Throne Judgment in the end: 'Now there is where you are wrong, Lord. The dictionary clearly says abortion is not murder.'
    If you are going to anthropomorphize God you've got the scenario at the White Throne of Judgement all wrong. This is how it will go:

    God asks a human standing before Him, "What did you do with your life" and the human says, "I generated 8 kids". God looks down and says, "We have an over population problem that is creating resource shortages, hunger, ignorance and war and you bring 8 more kids into the world? You're lucky I'm sending you to the barely acceptable section of heaven. One more kid and it would be straight to hell. Next!

    God asks the next human standing before Him what he did with his life and he says, "my wife an I decided having more than 2 children was irresponsible but unfortunately she got pregnant for a 3rd time and got an abortion." And God says, "so, what's wrong with abortion?" And the human says, " I thought you said killing a fetus was a sin". And God says, "who told you that? I haven't forbidden it. It's not against anything in the Bible. Off you go to heaven and quit looking guilty because you aren't"

  2. #1162
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,810
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Murder is a legal term. Abortion is not murder.
    Which gets us back on topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    ...
    1. Killing 50 million human beings with impunity constitutes a license to kill.
    2. Abortion law since 1973 has allowed for the killing, with impunity, of 50 million human beings.
    3. Therefore, abortion law constitutes a license to kill.
    Let me hear an Amen!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  3. #1163
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,810
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    If you are going to anthropomorphize God you've got the scenario at the White Throne of Judgement all wrong. This is how it will go:

    God asks a human standing before Him, "What did you do with your life" and the human says, "I generated 8 kids". God looks down and says, "We have an over population problem that is creating resource shortages, hunger, ignorance and war and you bring 8 more kids into the world? You're lucky I'm sending you to the barely acceptable section of heaven. One more kid and it would be straight to hell. Next!

    God asks the next human standing before Him what he did with his life and he says, "my wife an I decided having more than 2 children was irresponsible but unfortunately she got pregnant for a 3rd time and got an abortion." And God says, "so, what's wrong with abortion?" And the human says, " I thought you said killing a fetus was a sin". And God says, "who told you that? I haven't forbidden it. It's not against anything in the Bible. Off you go to heaven and quit looking guilty because you aren't"
    The Monty Python's Flying Circus version.
    If you're of a different era and don't get the reference, as a you've claimed once before in reply to a post of mine, think SNL skit.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  4. #1164
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,388

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Which gets us back on topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Have you not read the OP? There's an argument made there. Why are you posting in response to an OP you haven't read, or at any rate haven't read with understanding?

    Here's the argument you missed:

    1. Killing 50 million human beings with impunity constitutes a license to kill.
    2. Abortion law since 1973 has allowed for the killing, with impunity, of 50 million human beings.
    3. Therefore, abortion law constitutes a license to kill.

    Let me hear an Amen!
    Agreed lets get back to topic, that post fails over 1000 posts ago and was destoryed by me, facts and man other posters!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    You just proved his point and that you made ZERO arguments LMAO
    we all read it hence why we are mocking it

    1.) nothing here constitutes a license to kill
    2.) abortion is law is not impunity to kill
    3.) see #1 and #2 therefore your op fails theres no logical arguments in it because facts prove it wrong

    Fact remains morals are subjective and abortion is not equal to a license to kill. Let us know when those facts change, thanks!

    AAAAAAMEN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Can't be racist against white people, they're not oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Zef."
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  5. #1165
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Naked sinner standing before God at the White Throne Judgment in the end: 'Now there is where you are wrong, Lord. The dictionary clearly says abortion is not murder.'
    Apply your religion to yourself, please.

  6. #1166
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,318

    Re: [W:344]License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Pretentious about covers it.

    The arguments always remind me of the coffee shop gatherings of philosophy students....they wax on philosophic while they jam up tables leading to coffee house staff losing out on desperately needed tips. They think they are impressive yet all others are just rolling their eyes and jamming earbuds as deep as they can go into their ears.
    I get the impression of a pretentious teen who has read but not understood any philosophy coming here with a false sense of superiority and having meltdowns when their "brilliance" is challenged
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #1167
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: [W:344]License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I get the impression of a pretentious teen who has read but not understood any philosophy coming here with a false sense of superiority and having meltdowns when their "brilliance" is challenged
    He is allowed his beliefs, but does not seem to understand that others need not apply.

  8. #1168
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,377

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    The Monty Python's Flying Circus version.
    If you're of a different era and don't get the reference, as a you've claimed once before in reply to a post of mine, think SNL skit.
    There are great truths in the Flying Circus.

  9. #1169
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,810
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: [W:344]License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    He is allowed his beliefs, but does not seem to understand that others need not apply.
    I'm thrilled to hear that I'm "allowed" my beliefs, Madam. You too, I daresay. So what now? We're in a putative "debate" forum after all.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

  10. #1170
    Sage
    Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    01-10-20 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,810
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: License to Kill

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    There are great truths in the Flying Circus.
    Hardly. There's a great truth in the OP, however. Is your missing that related in some way to your finding "great truths in the Flying Circus," I wonder?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>
    "I'm not 100% sure that you and I exist, but I'm surer that God exists than that you exist, and I'm as sure God exists as I am that I exist."
    Angel Trismegistus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •