Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 385

Thread: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,943

    What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    What would be the publicly realized benefit, or accomplishment of making abortion illegal across the entire United States?

    Does anyone honestly think it would prevent abortions from happening?

    What's the true goal with all this? What's the end-game?

    What actually changes if abortion were to be declared illegal starting right this very moment?
    More importantly, how exactly does YOUR life change?

    Even more specific, if you're a male, what do you gain from a sweeping change to the law?
    You're a guy. Abortion is now completely illegal.
    What's the benefit for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  2. #2
    Infidel
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,058

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Nothing would be accomplished. Nothing except exertion of evangelical and catholic moral will on the public majority. Evangelicals and Catholics gain literally nothing from this exertion. Well, maybe catholics do gain something, but I digress.

    Outlawing abortion will simply allow strict and rigid police state tactics by the bible belt and some of the other nihilistic states in the MW.
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,269

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What would be the publicly realized benefit, or accomplishment of making abortion illegal across the entire United States?

    Does anyone honestly think it would prevent abortions from happening?

    What's the true goal with all this? What's the end-game?

    What actually changes if abortion were to be declared illegal starting right this very moment?
    More importantly, how exactly does YOUR life change?

    Even more specific, if you're a male, what do you gain from a sweeping change to the law?
    You're a guy. Abortion is now completely illegal.
    What's the benefit for you?
    I have to wonder if R v W was reversed, if abortions might actually become more accessible (although less safe). I think drug pushers (who are still widely available from middle school and up) would get access to abortion inducing drugs. All of a sudden towns that never had an abortion clinic would have a pusher that could obtain the drug cocktail for them.

  4. #4
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    From the pro life perspective, the accomplishment would be to end a barbaric practice of murdering human beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    From the pro life perspective, the accomplishment would be to end a barbaric practice of murdering human beings.
    How does making a law against something prevent it from happening?

    Many drugs are illegal. Do we have a drug problem?
    Rape is illegal. Do rapes occur?
    We have many laws against the unlawful killing of another human being. Do people still get murdered?


    Making abortion illegal won't stop abortions from happening. It's a proven fact.

    So in the end the theoretical accomplishment won't be realized.

    Legal abortion will simply become illegal abortion. That won't change the fact that abortion is still a part of society.
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I have to wonder if R v W was reversed, if abortions might actually become more accessible (although less safe). I think drug pushers (who are still widely available from middle school and up) would get access to abortion inducing drugs. All of a sudden towns that never had an abortion clinic would have a pusher that could obtain the drug cocktail for them.
    Interesting theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  7. #7

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What would be the publicly realized benefit, or accomplishment of making abortion illegal across the entire United States?

    Does anyone honestly think it would prevent abortions from happening?

    What's the true goal with all this? What's the end-game?

    What actually changes if abortion were to be declared illegal starting right this very moment?
    More importantly, how exactly does YOUR life change?

    Even more specific, if you're a male, what do you gain from a sweeping change to the law?
    You're a guy. Abortion is now completely illegal.
    What's the benefit for you?
    Women wont have the authority to kill mens children without their consent.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Women wont have the authority to kill mens children without their consent.
    How well did the laws work to stop Timothy McVeigh from killing many people without any consent from anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  9. #9

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    How well did the laws work to stop Timothy McVeigh from killing many people without any consent from anyone?
    Nowhere close to as many mens children are killed by their mothers each day

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Professor
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,405

    Re: What Would Be Accomplished By Making Abortion Illegal?

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    From the pro life perspective, the accomplishment would be to end a barbaric practice of murdering human beings.
    The facts don't bear this out. In fact, making it illegal makes abortions even more barbaric. Nations that prohibit legal abortions have a higher rate/ of abortions than do nations where it is legal.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •