Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 248

Thread: [W:69] Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

  1. #191
    Sage


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,927

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Abby Johnson was testifying before Congress.

    The Congresswoman asked her why she should be believed after she admitted she had been caught lying?

    Abby’s response was that she stopped lying after she left Planned Parenhood.

    BTW

    Representative Johnson is a woman so maybe it’s more like ...she said she said. ( Wink , wink )
    People who repetitively lie about serious issues usually have a tough time stopping.

  2. #192
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,200

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    People who repetitively lie about serious issues usually have a tough time stopping.
    If she was telling the truth about her clinic ( the clinic where she was the director ) performing abortions on women who were not pregnant.

    Then that reason is enough for me Not to trust her.

    As a director she should not have allowed that to happen.

    Taking money from those poor women who probably could not afford that unnecessary expense is so dishonest.

    If she lied about performing abortions on women that were not pregnant ....then she did lie.

    Either way it makes me doubt anything she says.

    And usually I am a very trusting person and take people at their word.
    When it comes to matters of Reproductive health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #193
    Sage


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,927

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    If she was telling the truth about her clinic ( the clinic where she was the director ) performing abortions on women who were not pregnant.

    Then that reason is enough for me Not to trust her.

    As a director she should not have allowed that to happen.

    Taking money from those poor women who probably could not afford that unnecessary expense is so dishonest.

    If she lied about performing abortions on women that were not pregnant ....then she did lie.

    Either way it makes me doubt anything she says.

    And usually I am a very trusting person and take people at their word.
    That is where I am at.

    The sad thing is that there are true believers on the pro-life side that can speak their side eloquently. And they choose a self professed liar. The true believers may not sway me, but at least I know their intentions are "good"

    Like you said, if what she says is true (which I highly doubt)she was part of a conspiracy to defraud poor women, who can probably barely make ends meet, of money. And of course assault on their body with a procedure that was not needed.

    I am not sure what is worse....being a bold faced liar or being part of a conspiracy to defraud and assault women and not calling 911.

  4. #194
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,898

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    So letís abort the baby. Do you love that answer to your very stupid question?
    He's pointing out that your opinion would be ludicrous & impossible in practice and your inability to answer him directly supports his argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    You can think that I am stupid all you want. It won't stop me from being racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,511

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    That is where I am at.

    The sad thing is that there are true believers on the pro-life side that can speak their side eloquently. And they choose a self professed liar. The true believers may not sway me, but at least I know their intentions are "good"

    Like you said, if what she says is true (which I highly doubt)she was part of a conspiracy to defraud poor women, who can probably barely make ends meet, of money. And of course assault on their body with a procedure that was not needed.

    I am not sure what is worse....being a bold faced liar or being part of a conspiracy to defraud and assault women and not calling 911.
    They're both terrible. And neither claim is provable. How about that?

  6. #196
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,200

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    That is where I am at.

    The sad thing is that there are true believers on the pro-life side that can speak their side eloquently. And they choose a self professed liar. The true believers may not sway me, but at least I know their intentions are "good"

    Like you said, if what she says is true (which I highly doubt)she was part of a conspiracy to defraud poor women, who can probably barely make ends meet, of money. And of course assault on their body with a procedure that was not needed.

    I am not sure what is worse....being a bold faced liar or being part of a conspiracy to defraud and assault women and not calling 911.
    I agree. And what really troubles me is if she ( the clinic ) did use the suction procedure on women who mistakening thought they were pregnant but weren’t pregnant it would be assault.

    If the woman was late but not pregnant she could have a medical issue like an infection in her Fallopian tubes, a tumor , a cyst , endometriosis, or
    Polysistic Overy Syndrome ( PCOS) .
    They should have been sent to a GYN to find out the underlying medical issue of why they were late.
    Last edited by minnie616; 05-15-19 at 03:15 PM.
    When it comes to matters of Reproductive health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #197
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: [W:69] Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No it isn't the fetus is free to be birthed at any moment. It chooses not to.

    Lol.
    The fetus has no capability to consent or form an opinion, or do anything beyond grow and consume resources the mother ingests, truly. The position that women must carry to term is absolutely authoritarian and dictatorial.

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    It seems rooted in science. The believe life begins at conception is based on conception that is an event that occurs that causes pregnancy. It isn't a religious belief.
    It is rooted, the pro-birth movement, in catholocism. For someone who is opinionated about this topic, you sure do not understand the genesis of the pro birth movement. It began with the catholic church and has become an evangelical hill to die on.

    Conception leads to life. That's not the argument. My argument is, if you take the position that a fetus has the same rights as the mother at conception, then you've concocted a devil's brew of idiocy to unravel with regard to our extant laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I don't care about the Philosophically bent of people and their tenancy to be pro life or pro choice. I care about the argument. And the whole "Christians are poopoo heads" schtick is growing old.

    Boy you like that jail argument. It's really not a good one.
    It's absolutely a valid position. If you take the stance that rights are inherent with "life", and that "human life" begins at conception, and believe "the fetus has rights equal to all other people" then you've set yourself up for failure. If a mother is jailed during pregnancy you are inherently violating the rights of the fetus to not be jailed for no reason at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    The argument can be made that removal of the fetus constitutes a death penalty for it this people could argue that is authoritarian as well.
    Who is advocating for this? I am simply asking; if the right to equal protection and the right to protection from cruel and unusual or unlawful punishment extends to the fetus, you cannot logically jail a pregnant mother, as you will be violating the rights of the unborn.

    That's the issue with you anti choice pro birth folks. You literally do not understand the pandora's box you've been paying to open.
    Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. - Christopher Hitchens

    #BDS

  8. #198
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    People who repetitively lie about serious issues usually have a tough time stopping.
    Abby Johnson is another paid hack and shill to the evangelist movement with their big buck donors.

    I wonder, for all the ceaseless discharge regarding abortion from the rabid, zealot blighted right, how much the public has had to foot the bill for the endless and tireless lawsuits regarding this constitutional right.

    They're not only hypocrites, they're liars to boot. They care not about the woman or the public or fiscal conservatism; they don't care about big government. They're so full of **** the lot of them are stinking us out in PA from south of the mason dixon.

    It's absolutely preposterous. No person who supports the pro birth movement has a shred of integrity, in my opinion, and should be treated with utter disdain, sort of how conservatives treat those that assault the 2nd amendment rights to own firearms.
    Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. - Christopher Hitchens

    #BDS

  9. #199
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,087

    Re: Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    If she was telling the truth about her clinic ( the clinic where she was the director ) performing abortions on women who were not pregnant.

    Then that reason is enough for me Not to trust her.

    As a director she should not have allowed that to happen.

    Taking money from those poor women who probably could not afford that unnecessary expense is so dishonest.

    If she lied about performing abortions on women that were not pregnant ....then she did lie.

    Either way it makes me doubt anything she says.

    And usually I am a very trusting person and take people at their word.
    EXCELLENT point, Minnie.

  10. #200
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    32,242

    Re: [W:69] Pro-Life extremists are taking us back to the dark ages

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    The fetus has no capability to consent or form an opinion, or do anything beyond grow and consume resources the mother ingests, truly. The position that women must carry to term is absolutely authoritarian and dictatorial.
    well the argument that women should be allowed to terminate it could be considered authoritarian as well.



    It is rooted, the pro-birth movement, in catholocism.
    I'm not familiar with the pro birth movement.
    For someone who is opinionated about this topic, you sure do not understand the genesis of the pro birth movement.
    I haven't expressed this single opinion all I've done in this thread is counter your argument and the arguments of others. And I've never even heard of the pro birth movement. And I am a former Catholic.


    Conception leads to life. That's not the argument. My argument is, if you take the position that a fetus has the same rights as the mother at conception, then you've concocted a devil's brew of idiocy to unravel with regard to our extant laws.
    I don't think anyone takes that position so we'd argue against nobody.



    It's absolutely a valid position. If you take the stance that rights are inherent with "life", and that "human life" begins at conception, and believe "the fetus has rights equal to all other people" then you've set yourself up for failure. If a mother is jailed during pregnancy you are inherently violating the rights of the fetus to not be jailed for no reason at all.
    again I don't think anyone ever on this planet who's ever argued weather fetus has the same rights as the mother. So your argument may be valid but it's against something that doesn't exist.



    Who is advocating for this? I am simply asking; if the right to equal protection and the right to pro tection from cruel and unusual or unlawful punishment extends to the fetus, you cannot logically jail a pregnant mother, as you will be violating the rights of the unborn.

    That's the issue with you anti choice pro birth folks. You literally do not understand the pandora's box you've been paying to open.
    No it isn't an issue it's stupidity. I have never heard anyone ever say that a fetus has the same rights as the mother.

    so if that was the premise you were operating under in order to argue with me then I reject your premise so your argument is finished.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •